Pet Peeves

x1Predator

I sometimes talk too loudly when I get excited about something.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ha, fauxhawks. Yeah, those don't annoy me so much as make me "LOL" at the trendy dudes (or dudettes) sporting them.

4. People who don't wash their hands after they've been to the toilet...

Ah yeah. We've got one of those at work. I was in there washing my hands (WITH soap), and the dude just walked straight from the urinal out the door. Not even a cursory splash of hot water!

Now I have trouble eating from an open bag of chips in the break room. :thumbsup:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"may evolve"? So far as I've noticed, the habits of particular mods tend to be pretty uniform over time. I don't see how you wouldn't already cross the threshold from potential annoyance into annoyance as soon as those habits were made apparent.

Everyone evolves, one way or another. Something simple as a member on a board getting a title as a moderator can alter a person's behaviour.

Keywords in capital letters.

The pet peeve is about the seemingly arbitrary way the general rules are written/enforced. Rules that seem to change from person to person, with the baggage each and everyone of us carries weighing into the calculation. Something that's a joke to one is apparently HARASSMENT to another, because if someone doesn't have a sense of humour (or doesn't appreciate a different kind of humour), they can ARBITRARILY call the harassment card, even though this supposed kind of harassment is usually combined with the term PERSISTENT and nothing of the sort has been seen on these boards. ONCE is a joke, PERSISTENT is harassment in the real world. But not on these boards, depending on if you're HARD-WORKING or not.

Calling someone a NERD on a geek board is sometimes considered trolling, when someone with 10k+ posts who basically uses trolling as a style of debate can apparently do that without repercussions, using the baggage from years past (on a board, far, far away). Not to mention that moderators are supposed to be viewed by us mere members as HARD-WORKING, disregarding the fact that NO MEMBER (as far as I am aware of) has never turned down the offer to become a moderator, not even when they've explicitly stated on these very boards that the title would be turned down by them (called HYPOCRISY). Please also disregard the fact that the same people have been coming here for YEARS just for FUN doing basically the same thing they're doing now (mostly spamming, in these cases) and that the title is completely VOLUNTARY.

People who are entering my PERSONAL SPHERE by sending me PM's are getting me banned when I explicitly tell them to GET THE **** OUT of my sphere if they have no reason to be there. Because they are HARD-WORKING and demand RESPECT for that. No matter if the person in question has done NOTHING to earn that RESPECT, unless getting away with thousands of posts that would be deemed SPAM on any other place on the internet is considered respect-worthy.

People who were ARTICULATE, INTELLIGENT and INTERESTING as a member become CONDESCENDING, DEROGATORY and plain INSULTING with the right (wrong?) title, and suddenly consider members PM's as plain M's, and who can post them (semi-) openly, but demand that their OWN PM'S remain a capital P for personal. Because they are HARD-WORKING and demand RESPECT and all that ****.

People do evolve, some just slower than others. None of this is important though, which is why it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I know this is supposed to be pet peeves, but I think it is just darling when mkreku fumes like that. He is our very own miniature Etna. Squat, brooding, and full of flaming bile.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not to mention that moderators are supposed to be viewed by us mere members as HARD-WORKING, disregarding the fact that NO MEMBER (as far as I am aware of) has never turned down the offer to become a moderator

Well, I doubt there'd be a big giant announcement that person X has refused to become a moderator.

BLASTED SQUIRRELS!

Here I was just minding my business beating down some orc scum in Neverwinter Nights 2 when the power goes out. BOOM! 2 hours of gaming lost. Annoyed I go and call the power company and they got a crew out. More than 3 block radius was out of power. The cause was a damn squirrel. Fried and extra crispy but boy he annoyed me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

About the topic, I absolutely loathe people on the mornings who brag about how goddamn drunk they were last night. Gee, I thought you were bloody annoying and obnoxious enough that we draggede you out of the party. Too bad you don't remember a thing. Otherwise you'd be ashamed of how miserable you made the otehr partygoers feel. ****wit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My little brother pretending to play guitar or singing songs hr dorsn't know the lyrics of.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

I sometimes talk too loudly when I get excited about something.

Sand is annoying. :p

Ha, fauxhawks. Yeah, those don't annoy me so much as make me "LOL" at the trendy dudes (or dudettes) sporting them.

4. People who don't wash their hands after they've been to the toilet...

Ah yeah. We've got one of those at work. I was in there washing my hands (WITH soap), and the dude just walked straight from the urinal out the door. Not even a cursory splash of hot water!

Now I have trouble eating from an open bag of chips in the break room. :)

Fauxhawks and the updated mullet. :angry:

My former boss, the hypocritical tosser would expect me to clean up after him, even after he made it LAW that all staff must clean up after themselves. I work in quarantine so it is fairly obvious to all staff that it's the norm to have a clean, and tidy workspace. Good personal hygiene is something that is always important, especially in quarantine, yet he was a "doctor" who would pick his nose and think nothing of it. I go outside just to sneeze.

Sneezing with a septum piercing can be quite messy. :(

I know this is supposed to be pet peeves, but I think it is just darling when mkreku fumes like that. He is our very own miniature Etna. Squat, brooding, and full of flaming bile.

:)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Pop - that was minor surgery? What happened to the hand? It looks a bit like some spiders or ants had lunch while you were sleeping. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Psh, whatevs.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

People who claim to be posting while drunk. Does anyone really believe that?

I'm posting and I'm under influencec of alcohol. I believe them.

You may have been/currently are drinking, but are you drunk and would you have mentioned it without any prompting? The peeve, afterall, is people who claim to be posting while drunk not people who happen to be drinking while posting.

I happen to be drinking while posltind rit nmowCan'y get mad can't get mad

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've consumed a vast quantity of an alcoholic beverage.

I'm experiencing an odd sense of lightness, my speech is slurring, and I've got a strange desire to make sweet yet animalistic love to the next female I see, which will surely end in a premature climax on my part and a major disappointment for said female.

Also, there's a cactus with a bulls eye on it for me to hit at this current moment, I bid you all adieux.

No really, fully drunk. I'm gone, completely. It's a wonder that I'm even capable of typing this. Prove I'm not. Go on....prove it.

Edit: Go on. Prove it.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast