NWN2 Interface Feedback and Requests

roshan

Is there a way to put notes on the map in NWN2? If not then I think that this feature should be included in in a possible future expansion pack.

I was also wondering whether we could have more detailed information in the character sheet, kind of like what Icewind Dale 2 had.

Another nice interface feature would be a button that would quickly toggle follow the leader mode on and off for all characters(in addition to a selection rectangle). Right now, I can choose character A and broadcast stand your ground to characters B and C. But when I select character B, character A starts running to B! It can be quite tiresome sorting this out.

you can just hold right-click on the ground without targeting anyone. that way the commands will affect everyone in your party.

You mean using the broadcast command feature?

Thats exactly what I am talking about. If A is selected and you broadcast stay your ground, B, C, D will stay in one place while A is selected. But when you select B, party members A, C and D will run towards B, and you need to broadcast the command again. When you select C, once more, A, B and D will start running and thus you need to broadcast stay your ground yet again.

I want a button that will make everyone stay in one place and stop following anyone else no matter which character is currently selected.

Edited by roshan

Yes but you can't set it to zero for instant pop-up.

I agree clicking during combat is a bit clumsy, or slippery depending on how you look at it. Last night I kept running past the guy I was trying to click on because I missed him; same for ground piles. Finally I gave up and started pausing the game to acquire targets, that worked much better. The original NWN had tighter click-selection.

The addition of a select party button would be nice. Obsidian sort of back-stepped on this standard feature of the Infinity engine.

I'd like to see the camera use the same movement speed for side/top/bottom movement as it does when the middle button/wheel is held down. Currently holding the middle button/wheel down moves the camera roughly twice as fast. There's only one adjustment in options so if I slow it down for decent speed with the mouse wheel, it's too slow when using side/top/bottom scrolling.

Yes but you can't set it to zero for instant pop-up.

I agree clicking during combat is a bit clumsy, or slippery depending on how you look at it. Last night I kept running past the guy I was trying to click on because I missed him; same for ground piles. Finally I gave up and started pausing the game to acquire targets, that worked much better. The original NWN had tighter click-selection.

The addition of a select party button would be nice. Obsidian sort of back-stepped on this standard feature of the Infinity engine.

You can't set it to 0, however 0.10 is practically instant..

My computer runs the game so slowly that I figured that the by the time the click registered the mouse had just moved past what I wanted to click on. :cool:

The select party button would be very much appreciated though. :huh:

I still don't have my copy. I hate you all. :) ^_^

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The right click delay on the drop down menu is annoying... it would significantly speed up gameplay if I didn't have to hold down the mouse button.

There is a setting for that in the options menu under the gameplay tab I think. It's right on the bottom middle of that section I believe. :dancing:

OOOOO I hadn't poked around.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Greetings my fellow forumites,

Would someone be kind enough to help me with a question regarding the interface? I realize this is a simple action but cannot for the life of me figure out how to talk to a party companion.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Greetings my fellow forumites,

Would someone be kind enough to help me with a question regarding the interface? I realize this is a simple action but cannot for the life of me figure out how to talk to a party companion.

Click an hold the right mouse button on them.

took me like 4 hours to figure that one out. Go into the game options and drag the context menu delay down to 0.1 or whatever. That makes the context menu way more useful. For the longest time I was wondering where the heck that menu was.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The level up screen needs a back button. Seriously, how did you miss this?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Indeed. You have to cancel as it is.

Also, its impossible to access the level up screen to look at things when you ARENT levelling up. And I can't find resistances anywhere in character screen.

Or stats. I loved looking at Kill stats. :aiee:

Kill stats just like Baldur's Gate. It showed you the percentage of kills you did and the most powerful foe. That would have been nice to have.

A back button in the level up area would have been a good feature to have instead of canceling and starting all over.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Click an hold the right mouse button on them.

took me like 4 hours to figure that one out. Go into the game options and drag the context menu delay down to 0.1 or whatever. That makes the context menu way more useful. For the longest time I was wondering where the heck that menu was.

I didn't even know the right mouse button does that until reading this thread. I've been using shift + right click cause i saw someone mention it on NWN2 boards and it brings up the menu without delay.

I can't figure out why so many people are complaining about the camera control. It's exactly the same as in every other game with a similar view, at least as far as i can tell. You hold the middle mouse button and adjust it any way you like. Well maybe i'm so used to it due to spending obcene amounts of time playing WoW and constantly spinning the camera to spot potential threats. I still think it's by far the most efficient way to control the camera and everyone should try using it.

The problem with the camera - at least for me now that I'm a little used to it - is it just LOVES - to randomly block the view of your characters or get a view where you really can't see anything. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The problem with the camera - at leats for me now that I'm a little sued to it - is it just LOVES - to randomly block the view of your characters or get a view where you really can't see anything. R00fles!

In other words it does weird zoom-y things when around buildings. They need to have buildings fade out like trees instead of having the camera zoom in so that it's on the other side of the building.

To be fair, NWN1's camera does this as well; but it's so rare it's not bothersome at all. And, it usually rights itself rather quickly. With NWN2, you almost always have to manually fix it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

To be fair, NWN1's camera does this as well; but it's so  rare it's not bothersome at all. And, it usually rights itself rather quickly. With NWN2, you almost always have to manually fix it.

Yeah, I know that NWN1 does it too. The only time it really bugs me is when I come out of a building. Any other time and I'm usually running far enough past it that the camera will right itself. :dancing:

I dont know, I dont have any problems with the camera. It does the zoomy thing with buildings but all you really need to do is rotate the silly camera.

Also, swapping Left and Right in nwplayer.ini fixes the reversed rotation keys. Now hitting left arrow actually rotates left, etc.

Especially with mouselook, it's not a real bother at all. I change my thing all the time, to a more KOTOR look outdoors, more isometric indoors (thanks to my fps... conversely, with everyone getting less fps indoors... wonder if it's lights, shadows, or the fact that there are ceilings now? Even with houses that dont have much in the way of objects or lights lag, so...)

Kill stats just like Baldur's Gate. It showed you the percentage of kills you did and the most powerful foe. That would have been nice to have.

A back button in the level up area would have been a good feature to have instead of canceling and starting all over.

Dont forget the number of kills, favorite weapon and favourite spell/special ability.

Dont forget the number of kills, favorite weapon and favourite spell/special ability.

Ah yes that to. :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Personally I find the weapon feat selection section list extremely messy. The interface simply lists down the entire feats for weapon focus, weapon specialization ect.

For example:

Weapon focus: Short sword

Weapon focus: Greatsword

Weapon focus: Mace

Weapon focus...

The list goes on.

To me it makes the entire list feel very discomforting to look at as it gives you the impression of being overwhelmed. The list even gets longer when you select exotic weapons feat or when you have access to improved critical feat, weapon specialization feat ect.

They should had used NWN's method of using sub categories instead. Displaying 'Weapon focus' feat as its own and upon selecting it then would you be asked to choose specifically which weapon would you like to apply the feat on.

Currently, despite the feats being neatly categorised (Class feats, combat feats ect) I feel it could be improved on in terms of organization and tidiness.