what mmorpg's do y'all play?

XoXAlexOxO

I just bought the new guildwars chapter, but I have to say I don't like it that much so far. In order to make money for the new gear you have to stand around and trade spam on every streetcorner for hours on end since there is no auction house and the difference between merchant prices and actual worth is often astronomical.

The new chapter also introduced hero followers, which are followers you level up and customise yourself, and since then it's been impossible to find other players for instances because noone needs it anymore.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

In order to make money for the new gear you have to stand around and trade spam on every streetcorner for hours on end since there is no auction house and the difference between merchant prices and actual worth is often astronomical.

thats kinda the way it works in silkroad except you setup your own stalls and wait for people to buy, except it can take hours or even days to sell stuff, so people will leave stalls open and never logout, which means people like me can never login :thumbsup:

Hero followers? Better than the old party-helpers because they're customizable - can you keep them from play session to session? I might like that, since I'm a loner even in on-line play... :lol:

But I haven't really been playing any on-line games recently. I did reinstall WoW but haven't done much with it. I think right now the only on-line "action" I may see is competing with other city builders for scores and titles in C4. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hero followers? Better than the old party-helpers because they're customizable - can you keep them from play session to session? I might like that, since I'm a loner even in on-line play... :lol:

But I haven't really been playing any on-line games recently. I did reinstall WoW but haven't done much with it. I think right now the only on-line "action" I may see is competing with other city builders for scores and titles in C4. :thumbsup:

C4?

Caesar4, city builder/strategy. I need to get out of the habit of abbreviating it on non-Casear4 forums. heh :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm actually a little shocked by the response to this thread from the community here, but it's still in it's infancy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

One does not play MMORPGs. Y'all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This being a game topic, you would think it belongs in C&C?  :("

Silly mods.  :)

Er... *points finger at all other mods and walks off whistling*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

since Ive already said it.. Ill just copy&paste :(

The hypothesis of Kaftan:

• You cant have a story where the protagonists outnumber every villain and supporting act by 100:1
  • You cant change a world that has to appear the same to a million players
  • Without a story or a world they can change, the player is stuck with performing trivial tasks that have no effect on the world around them.
  • Since performing trivial tasks and being unable to actually accomplish anything is boring, MMO's are boring*

:))

*except to MMO fans

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Got bored with WoW real fast.

I've got CoH/CoV now, but I haven't played in a while (since I got bored with it).

EDIT: I agree with Kaftan. I think this is why I get bored. The fun part is hack'n'slashin' with buddies, but you can only take a certain amount of that. :(

I'll prolly come back to CoH eventually though, but I do get fed up with the grinding real fast.

Edited by Noceur

since Ive already said it.. Ill just copy&paste :thumbsup:

The hypothesis of Kaftan:

• You cant have a story where the protagonists outnumber every villain and supporting act by 100:1

• You cant change a world that has to appear the same to a million players

• Without a story or a world they can change, the player is stuck with performing trivial tasks that have no effect on the world around them.

• Since performing trivial tasks and being unable to actually accomplish anything is boring, MMO's are boring*

:blink:)

*except to MMO fans

The stranger makes sense. Let us appoint him king, and he will lead us to the Promised Land.

No? OK, how about a beer?

-Elwood Blues

I am the angel I am madness

I am the word I am the law

I am holding truth release your sadness

I am the key I am the door

Release!

Oh there is

War and evil

Whores and sinners

Take my hand and I show you

Where to go

Call me Flagg

I

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, it has 7 million players... Or should I say addicts :)

Neither of those two has ever played MMORPG, RPG or anything like that. And they are total addicts by now :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

If you want good MMORPG without paying once in a month something like 11 dollars, Guild Wars is good choice.