Diablo 3

Jorian Drake

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HLukhuDufaI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5p3rZaGlU&NR

Thoughts?  :D

( i like Diablo, but wouldn't name it RPG, and can't think of me playing it ever more than 3 times, or online)

Ummm...

If you read the comments the first video is early wow trailer and the second video is fanmade.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Knew that was fake without even seeing the comments....

#1. This would be all over the internets.

#2. That roar sound effect is definitely from an orc...yes, it's sad that I recognize it.

#3. Since when are ****in' dragons in Diablo?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HLukhuDufaI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5p3rZaGlU&NR

Thoughts?  :D

( i like Diablo, but wouldn't name it RPG, and can't think of me playing it ever more than 3 times, or online)

Ummm...

If you read the comments the first video is early wow trailer and the second video is fanmade.

maybe a mistake...but not sure, and informations tend to slip out earlier then actually press.

IB1OsQq.png

Rumors:

Diablo III is being made

Diablo III has been in production for four years now

Diablo III will take place in heaven and feature the "forces of Hell" trying to overwhelm it.

Diablo III will be 3D

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Rumour: Diablo 3 is total crap.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I've heard there's a good chance D3 is being made.  :ph34r:

Like Kotor 3? :("

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

D1 and D2 were excellent at what they were intended to be. They weren't meant to be intensely story-driven RPGs, just a fun hack n' slash through hell's legions.

Considering most, if not all, of the teams who made the first two have left blizzard for other opportunities or to form new dev houses (like Flagship Studios and ArenaNet), I don't have much hope for the third installment staying true to the simple effectiveness of its predecessors.

But, they could always pull it off...

That said, I'd still rather see Starcraft 2 than D3.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

D1 and D2 were excellent at what they were intended to be. They weren't meant to be intensely story-driven RPGs, just a fun hack n' slash through hell's legions.

D1 was fun. D2 was so much the same that it wasn't fun. For me. Victim of overkill. Making a third version of the same game seems ludicrous.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

D1 was fun. D2 was so much the same that it wasn't fun.  For me.  Victim of overkill.  Making a third version of the same game seems ludicrous.

Heh, and I thought D2 was much more fun than D1. Improved everything really, and it hadn't gotten old to me. I still play every once in a great while.

- Everlast

D1 was fun. D2 was so much the same that it wasn't fun.  For me.  Victim of overkill.  Making a third version of the same game seems ludicrous.

Heh, and I thought D2 was much more fun than D1. Improved everything really, and it hadn't gotten old to me. I still play every once in a great while.

Well, I kind of agree with that. D2 really was better, technically, at everything pretty much. And longer, too. If I had played D2 first I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a lot more. But I played D1 for SO many hours and D2 was more a refinement of D1 than anything else, that the gameplay just left me cold.

I was surprised, too, because at the time I was really looking forward to D2's release. But the gameplay of Diablo is so "light" that even the refinement of D2 couldn't change the incredible feeling of "been there, done that". I made it through the first act and partway in to the second then just stopped. Never even touched the MP.

In a lot of ways its similar to my take on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, except the Fallout has a lot more depth so even though FO2 was really only a small refinement of FO1, it still had a lot of play value even though I had played FO1 to death.

I just can't see making a D3 unless there is real change to the core gameplay. WHich is unlikely, probably.

Like Kotor 3? :)"

Kinda.

This was based on some of Blizzards hirings of late.

The selling point for the job: Work with the team that made Diablo and Diablo 2.

Of course it could be a game that's "like" diablo, just a different setting.

But blizzard doesn't seem to diversify much. :ph34r:

Maybe it's World of Warcraftiablo. :ph34r:

Like Kotor 3? :)"

Kinda.

This was based on some of Blizzards hirings of late.

The selling point for the job: Work with the team that made Diablo and Diablo 2.

Of course it could be a game that's "like" diablo, just a different setting.

But blizzard doesn't seem to diversify much. :ph34r:

Maybe it's World of Warcraftiablo. :ph34r:

Diablocraft

I couldn't find a copy until well after I'd played D2 and about the time my old comp died... so I never had a chance. :)

even I've played D1 and I hate diablo... It has some good elements froma technical point of view... But the game is very dull.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Darque:

"Though, I have to admit, I haven't played the first diablo yet... though it is sitting on my shelf looking at me saying "plaaaaaaaaaaay me" :)'

If you've played the second one, I see no need for you to play the first. It's just like the second one only not as good.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.