NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

I have a C drive of 10 G, never meant to be for anything else than the system itself,

I hope they create a patcher where you can chose the drive you want to use for it.

I had about 1.2gb free on C: and I both installed and patched it successfully. The install shield does have a bug that says you need more space on C: but you can install anyway.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have a C drive of 10 G, never meant to be for anything else than the system itself,

I hope they create a patcher where you can chose the drive you want to use for it.

I had about 1.2gb free on C: and I both installed and patched it successfully. The install shield does have a bug that says you need more space on C: but you can install anyway.

I have 865 MB, and anything else is system.

IB1OsQq.png

"It's the classic vocal minority situation. The vast majority of people don't write on forums, least of all if they enjoy the game."

You cna't know what the non vocal think so don't pretend to. Either way. They might like it, they might not. We simply don't know.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i know 9 people who are disappointed (3 Hungary, 3 UK, 1 Austria, 1 Germany, 1 USA) and don't use Bio or Obs forums.

I too think MANY things can still be improved, even via patches. But some (many) people are like 'first look on it: don't liking it, not buying it', against that we can't help, and myself i am too sad about charcreation, but still the whole game is interesting me, and I am really hoping for an updated char creation tool in the first expansion latest.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

camera is nearly identical to NWN, with improvements allowing easy mouse control of angle. not sure how that equates to "horrid."

oh, and for the 7 GB required for patching, the patcher frees that space up when done, so you could conceivably uninstall something, patch NWN2, and then reinstall whatever you uninstalled.

btw, if you only have 865 MB free, you're going to have issues. this game takes nearly 500 MB of RAM alone. if i were going to recommend upgrading anything, it would be more memory. 2 GB would probably help.

arkan, as for hit and miss, i think it's actually a case of "this game does not perform like quake 4 on my $5000 system!" people think this should be a FPS with "roleplaying elements." also, as i noted, i know how to take care of my system, many do not.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

LOL That's right Taks. everyone who is having problems with the game it's because they don't 'take care of their system'. LOL

And, no, the camera is not 'nearly identicial'. It's bad.

Should point out, I'm getting used to it. That doesn't mean it's good. Too often the camera decides to move the view so I'm looking at a wall instead of my characters. LOL

Edited by Volourn

camera is nearly identical to NWN, with improvements allowing easy mouse control of angle.  not sure how that equates to "horrid."

oh, and for the 7 GB required for patching, the patcher frees that space up when done, so you could conceivably uninstall something, patch NWN2, and then reinstall whatever you uninstalled.

btw, if you only have 865 MB free, you're going to have issues.  this game takes nearly 500 MB of RAM alone.  if i were going to recommend upgrading anything, it would be more memory.  2 GB would probably help.

arkan, as for hit and miss, i think it's actually a case of "this game does not perform like quake 4 on my $5000 system!"  people think this should be a FPS with "roleplaying elements."  also, as i noted, i know how to take care of my system, many do not.

taks

memory is not identical with free space on driver

IB1OsQq.png

I was upset by the amateurish handling of the buy and sell windows especially. Buy one potion and the selected item moves to the next item up or down one whether or not another potion of the same type immediately becomes available. So, to buy multiple potions you need to select and buy and select and buy and select and buy over and over one at a time.

There are problems with the scrolling of the small windows too.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I was on the Gamefaqs forums a couple hours ago and someone had posted a thread on how NWN1 was so much better than NWN2, and pretty much every other person there told him he was a moron. Good job guys.

You should see the cry babies at Bioware's forum. Many times I had to lay the smack down on them.

Go get 'em tiger. :)

:)

I pretty much do the same thing, and it allowed me to install to a different drive than C

install yes, but the patch goes over C drive, and you know how big the patch is, nearly the size of my whole C drive, and only if its not filled, with the system <_<

(what's not possible of course)

IB1OsQq.png

I have about 200 megs free on my C drive. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Theyre mostly just kids with anger management problems who'll fly into a rage over the slightest thing they dont like. And thats without stopping for a moment to actually realise "Hey, this is a great game!". They take the good parts for granted and just focus on small and trivial issues.

Its like you get served the best meal youve ever had in your life and you complain that the napkin isnt folded the way you want it.

Well, it is a great game so far o:) , but saying that doesn't help the devs fix bugs and otherwise make it better.

On the other hand criticisms might hurt sales.

Stuck for choice.

Maybe just say, "I'm having loads of fun, but it would be even more fun if ....."

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Eh? Criticism (or outirght bashing) surely didn't hurt NWN1's long terms sales. So, that exuse is poor. If the game is good (and NWN2 is); it should be able to handle the criticism. If not, it *deserves* to fail (though, I hope it doesn't since I personally like it).

install yes, but the patch goes over C drive, and you know how big the patch is, nearly the size of my whole C drive, and only if its not filled, with the system <_<

I only have 2GB free on my system drive however I have a good 20GB free on my D drive where I installed the game. I had no problem patching the game. o:)

I only have 2GB free on my system drive however I have a good 20GB free on my D drive where I installed the game. I had no problem patching the game. :(

you have a 'bit' more free space than me, look at what i wrote. o:)

IB1OsQq.png

I only have 2GB free on my system drive however I have a good 20GB free on my D drive where I installed the game. I had no problem patching the game. :(

I must be mis-interpreting what you are saying in that post. What HD do you have anyway. All I seem to be getting is that you have a C drive that is 10GB that you have all your system stuff on.

I must be mis-interpreting what you are saying in that post. What HD do you have anyway. All I seem to be getting is that you have a C drive that is 10GB that you have all your system stuff on.

its partitioned

i have so 5 drives and only C is the one i never use <_<

IB1OsQq.png

its partitioned

i have so 5 drives and only C is the one i never use  <_<

Okay so it's partitioned into 5 drives? What size are they all, and which one has NWN2 on it? o:)

I have 2 real drives parted into 5, and on E is NWN2, its 70 G, this is my biggest drive, mostly only for games, and project STARMAGE.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

its partitioned

Okay so it's partitioned into 5 drives? What size are they all, and which one has NWN2 on it? :(

I have 2 real srives parted into 5, and on E is NWN2, its 70 G, this is my biggest drive, mostly only for games, and project STARMAGE.

So as long as you've got the free space on the E drive you shouldn't have any problem with the patch. o:)

its partitioned

Okay so it's partitioned into 5 drives? What size are they all, and which one has NWN2 on it? :(

I have 2 real srives parted into 5, and on E is NWN2, its 70 G, this is my biggest drive, mostly only for games, and project STARMAGE.

So as long as you've got the free space on the E drive you shouldn't have any problem with the patch. :(

but it always say 'too less free space on C' or such, and it quits. o:)

IB1OsQq.png

Finished the tutorial and the

fight after... poor Amie :(

Impressions....

- Character creation -

I seem to have hit a bug, I can't change subrace on any character I choose.

Good thing I almost always play humans.  :-"

Thats what I thought too.. but you get to choose subrace after hitting the next screen. For races with subraces there are two steps. I kept clicking on "Details" or info or whatever going "What the taff!" :lol:

- Tutorial -

I hate tutorials.... always have.

That said, this one was darn fun. :) It even made me laugh a few times. :)

Definately more interesting than the one in NWN also.

I hear you on this. The tutorial was pretty fun. And some parts.. like the Knaves Challenge were funny.. I loled.

- Camera -

I love it. It's a little awkward at times, but it's not hard to control, so I find it useful.

Its been awhile since Ive played NWN1.. I literally stopped playing after the end of the second chapter and put it back in the box... so it is hard for me to remember exactly how the camera system worked back then. That being said, I had problems with the camera until I started playing mainly in "top-down" mode. That fixed a lot of my problems right there. When in dungeons however, I move to a more 1st person mode.. just cause of the ceilings.. lol

- Gameplay -

So far so good.

I like how they've changed inventory and some skill uses.

There are many more checks than I was expecting. Good stuff.

- Character -

I'm having a blast playing a Warlock.  :(

Now all I need to know is... can I enchant items as a warlock? o:)

I'm assuming I can, but I'm a little fearful of wasting a feat slot and not being able to do it. :(

I spent the first 5 or so hours playing with a warlock. Great fun.. but I had to change back to a mage. Not enough skills as a warlock for my taste. The crafting system I havent really fooled around with. Im such a packrat though, I rarely sell anything until Im sure I wont need it (like non-magical weapons). I also am a horrible potion/scroll miser. I always save them for the tough fights.. but when I hit a tough fight.. I never use them!

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.