NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

I would say it took me about 10 hours to get to High Cliff. It's not a race. Anyways, I was amazed at the detail in the Bandit Hideout. It really felt like they had been gathering loot for years before I came along. Rooms were just overflowing with all sorts of odds and ends. Good stuff.

I'm playing a Bard, and I've found that the AI is more effective at controlling my character than I am. It hurts my pride a bit, but I think my skills are only good enough to control a fighter. I also chose an overly annoying voice for my main character...I wish I could change that.

"Rooms were just overflowing with all sorts of odds and ends. "

None of which you could grab....

And, yeah, I know it's not a race. I wasn't really insulting him. Just surprised that it took him longer than me since I take my time as well espicially with my camera controls problems. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Finished the tutorial and the

fight after... poor Amie :(

Impressions....

- Character creation -

I seem to have hit a bug, I can't change subrace on any character I choose.

Good thing I almost always play humans. :-"

- Tutorial -

I hate tutorials.... always have.

That said, this one was darn fun. :) It even made me laugh a few times. :)

Definately more interesting than the one in NWN also.

- Combat -

It's ok, easy and useful.

- Camera -

I love it. It's a little awkward at times, but it's not hard to control, so I find it useful.

- Gameplay -

So far so good.

I like how they've changed inventory and some skill uses.

- Character -

I'm having a blast playing a Warlock. :devil:

Now all I need to know is... can I enchant items as a warlock? :lol:

I'm assuming I can, but I'm a little fearful of wasting a feat slot and not being able to do it. :p

- Bugs -

The vocals like to cut quickly between tracks, sometimes cutting off the last few sounds of a line of text.

Beyond that... nothing.

- Overall -

Lots of fun so far. :)

The two hours of patching :wacko: Have already been made up for. :)

Bug: Party AI has ceased to exist.

Seems to have started entering the second floor of the Moonstone Mask

. They just stand there until I tell them to do something, and once they're done with that, they start standing around like slack-jawed idiots again. This wouldn't be such a problem if you could select more than one guy at a time, and they actually moved when the others do. I have to select each individual and tell them to run. Behavior tabs don't seem to do anything.

Reloading seems to just retroactively spread the bug to old games <_< I'm at a loss here. It's a really significant pain in the ass when there are very large and very strong enemies around.

So far what I'm getting from NWN2 is the student driver treatment. The game gains momentum, then comes to a complete screeching halt, then starts up again. I can't say it's not immensely frustrating. It makes the game really hard to get into, and I like getting into my games.

Edited by Pop

I just wish it'd stop crashing every time I save a game.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Impressions so far... the menu screen looks cool. Always good to see a fresh new menu screen to remind you you've got a new game. In other words, just as I got it to work I had to catch a train that takes me home from uni for the weekend. Gragh.

Dreading what it's going to run like with Big Bottom's report though. Would you say the graphics card is the weakest part of our setup BB?

Have finally gotten out of the tutorial, so I feel that I can give a real impression now. I feel that I am actually playing a pnp game, sitting around the table with my friends while my best friend DMs one of his massively intricate storylines.

This is the game that I've been waiting for for the last 5 years. Thank you, Josh, Feargus, Joseph, MCA, and everyone else at Obsidian for this game.

This is the game that I've been waiting for for the last 5 years.  Thank you, Josh, Feargus, Joseph, MCA, and everyone else at Obsidian for this game.

I feel the same :shifty:

(although I loved K2 just as much... and Vampire:bloodlines... and Kotor.. and )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Whew... it worked. :)

7gb to install a patch? :shifty:

Ah well, if the game is fun it'll be worth it. :)

Special thanks to Riftworm for convincing me to go through that again. :)

7G?? Good thing for file compressions. The patch is 82MB compressed. :o

I think it's space that's needed for files the patching process is using.

Since most of the files are Zips, I'm guessing it needs to unzip them, patch, and then zip them again.

I'm starting to regret partitioning this drive into 20gig bites :p

I wouldn't be able to install the patch. I don't have 7Gs to spare. Now I am going to have a look around to see what I can get rid of.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I was on the Gamefaqs forums a couple hours ago and someone had posted a thread on how NWN1 was so much better than NWN2, and pretty much every other person there told him he was a moron. Good job guys.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Theyre mostly just kids with anger management problems who'll fly into a rage over the slightest thing they dont like. And thats without stopping for a moment to actually realise "Hey, this is a great game!". They take the good parts for granted and just focus on small and trivial issues.

Its like you get served the best meal youve ever had in your life and you complain that the napkin isnt folded the way you want it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was on the Gamefaqs forums a couple hours ago and someone had posted a thread on how NWN1 was so much better than NWN2, and pretty much every other person there told him he was a moron. Good job guys.

You should see the cry babies at Bioware's forum. Many times I had to lay the smack down on them.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That's not the case at Bioware from what I see. 70% think NWN2 isn't very good so far and can use a lot of improvement.

Whew... it worked. :)

7gb to install a patch? :shifty:

Ah well, if the game is fun it'll be worth it. :)

Special thanks to Riftworm for convincing me to go through that again. :)

7G?? Good thing for file compressions. The patch is 82MB compressed. :o

I think it's space that's needed for files the patching process is using.

Since most of the files are Zips, I'm guessing it needs to unzip them, patch, and then zip them again.

I'm starting to regret partitioning this drive into 20gig bites :p

I wouldn't be able to install the patch. I don't have 7Gs to spare. Now I am going to have a look around to see what I can get rid of.

I have a C drive of 10 G, never meant to be for anything else than the system itself,

I hope they create a patcher where you can chose the drive you want to use for it.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

NWN2 is a good game; but it's far from the 'greatest game ever'. It can use a LOT of improvement.

btw, Guys, the 'constant complaining' on the BIO NWN2 boards led to Mr. Sawyer and company to state that the ability to put two weapons or weapon + shield into a quick slot will be added to thhe game in next patch.

I'll say one thing. So far, post release support seems to be well on its way to be great. I'm glad it seems I was mistaken on that front. Good stuff, Obsidian. :shifty:

That's not the case at Bioware from what I see. 70% think NWN2 isn't very good so far and can use a lot of improvement.

Sounds just like the WoW forums.

btw, I think most of the NWN2 BIo forums *like* the game. But, it should be apparant by most that the game has its flaws (and its strengths). Character interatcion is VERY, VERY good.

NWN2 is a good game; but it's far from the 'greatest game ever'. It can use a LOT of improvement.

btw, Guys, the 'constant complaining' on the BIO NWN2 boards led to Mr. Sawyer and company to state that the ability to put two weapons or weapon + shield into a quick slot will be added to thhe game in next patch.

I'll say one thing. So far, post release support seems to be well on its way to be great. I'm glad it seems I was mistaken on that front. Good stuff, Obsidian. :)

it seems the complaining does make some good moves possible

IB1OsQq.png

Of course, it should be pointed out that there ius a difference between making a complaint and some of the whining about the game. Or the rabid defending of the game over there.

A good number of threads on the BIO baords are rabid fanboys attacking the complainers personally. LOL