NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

It arrived, installed it, patched it, loaded it up... "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." The cds definitely in there, anyone know what that's about?

...sounds like basically the same issue Oerwinde had; disable yer virtual drives and close Daemon Tools...jus' a guess, since I ain't got me copy yet, but it might work... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Hmm.. how do I disable virtual drives? Daemon tools isn't on either.

...open Daemon Tools an' unmount all drives... :lol:

Yay, it works!

I shall wait for you in death's halls my love..

shockedsmileygq2.gif

...ummm...Ooooooooookaaaay...one helluva first date impression, I guesses... :lol:

I don't know but I do wish people will stop using SecuROM. Its more of a detriment to legitimate users than a deterrent to pirates.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Got a gamecrashing bug, or rather, a gamestopping bug. I guess it's kind of a spoiler, so I'll tag it.

When you're tracking the githyanki to Luskan, there's that transitional encounter in the town of Ember, where you're ambushed by the githyanki a few times. There's an exit point, but it's not functioning. All the doors in the town are permanently locked. So I'm stuck, I guess. There's nowhere to go. I believe there may be a dialogue with Bishop that failed to load.

I just hit this point and I'm experience the same thing. After the fight the screen fades to black, but then comes back to normal. Doesn't actually do anything. :lol:

Anyone notice how the voice acting for some of the NPC's got a lot worse? They used to augment the sounds with digital filters, without them they sound like nerds trying to sound scary. The Lizards are just one example. I haven't heard many other Beast, Monstorous or Outsider soundsets yet.

My only impression is... I hope I can get it today.  :ph34r:

And did you?

I did not. 0-for-3. The subway-accessible stores in the DC area seem to be picked clean. Oh well. I've got to take the car out of the garage to get a oil change this weekend anyway; I might as well venture out to the 'burbs to hunt down a copy. Failing that, I've got a good book to read.

16th, 16th, 16th. I HATE YOU ALL.

Anyway, has the click-move lag been fixed as stated by the patch? I'm seeing more complaints about them but don't know if it's from people with or without the latest patch. It really needs to be fixed, I'm probably going to lag anyway with my rig anyway. :)

But then, if I can stand Gothic 3 clogging up every 60 seconds with TAGES..

Day 2:

I just picked up my second npc, a tiefling named Neeskka. She seems alright. Overly friendly if you ask me. She seemed intimidated meeting me, being a drow.

I am now doing the Fort Locke quests.

I need recipes in crafting weapons and armor damn it.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Not sure if this fixes all of them, but for those having problems with cutscenes not triggering properly (Pop for example) try again, but make sure that you have you main character selected before the cutscene triggers. I just tested it out in the

githyanki ambush after you you go off to rescue shandra

and it seemed to work everytime. If I had any other character than my main selected when the screen went dark, the dialogue wouldn't trigger and I would be trapped in the area, but if my main character is selected it triggers just fine and I can now continue on.

Idea taken from Hoz:here

Just installed and been playing for around 3 hours so far. It really doesn't run too smoothly on my system. I have to run at 800x600 even with everything on low which kills the dialogue text for some reason, it's really hard to read in places. The tutorial was ok, none of the characters really grabbed me until I got to the first proper companion after leaving the village, he rocks! If all the companions are as good then this game may have the best in-game buddies ever. I'm a bit disappointed in the graphics, the shot of the fireplace with the carpet doesn't look as glorious in-engine, although I haven't dared turn everything up to full yet. I'm sure the game will get better as I play, and hopefully when I upgrade my 9800 Pro at the end of the month.

The contents of the UK LE are a little disappointing...paper map instead of cloth, cheap looking ring, figurine that looks more like a toy, crappy art book, tiny manual that isn't anywhere near as big as the US version. Having NWN1 + exps on one DVD makes the whole thing worthwhile though, and there's a soundtrack disc too.

Edited by Big Bottom

So far I'm lovin' it.

My character is an Asimaar paladin (original, eh? :)) and I find it fancy that the face and stuff I chose make him look sorta like a kind lion.

I'm hoping my background (Natural Leader) will continue to affect dialogue.

Dark_Raven: I just found Neeshka as well... she was surprised to be treated so well by someone "so... good-looking". ;)

Anyway, the game runs really well... got a lot of bling-bling turned on, but:

* Character shadows downed to 512 (since I'm zoomed out a lot, 1024 is overkill anyway).

* Terrain normalmapping OFF. (You can clearly see the difference, but the performance gain is larger than the quality loss).

* Due to above, I've got shadows on high (err, the one with only character shadows) and it still runs like water.

For some reason, the outdoor areas like the swamps run half-decent (when fully zoomed out and camera tilted towards horizon), but the

Fort

area runs as smooth as the indoors areas.

I'm real happy... this was definately a good purchase. It feels like ages ago since I last bought a quality product. Hopefully it'll last until the end. :)

Sawyer-boy, Obsidian (and Ferret!)... good job, lads. At least from what I've seen so far.

ps. I haven't had any problems with the camera... it might be clunkier than NWN 1 (don't remember), but I got used to it about half-way through the Tutorial. (I'm using top-down camera)

EDIT: Yeah, the manual for the European version is tiny. I was hoping for a meatier version, since I'm not familiar with the 3.5 rules (other than playing ToEE).

EDIT2: Also, according to the description of Blessed of Waukeen some merchants will recognise it and sell special lewt. So I guess us european LE people will get special merchants as well. Or summin'.

Edited by Noceur

Second impression... paper sleeves. :)

At least the manual is thick. :)

Though NWN's was spiral bound, wasn't it?  ;)

Here in Europe (sweden at least) we got it printed on toiletpaper. It also shipped with a dwarf that punched you in the face before stealing all your stuff and running away, laughing "Bwahaha, I'm off to DA MOON!!!" ;P

Dark_Raven: I just found Neeshka as well... she was surprised to be treated so well by someone "so... good-looking".  :p

For someone with demon kin blood, I thought she wouldn't be intimidaed by a drow. I thought about choosing some of the negative dialogue options but no. I have to stick with my LN alignment.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.