NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

I like the combat. It reminds me of real PnP style. Good for a game based on a PnP game.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I like it a lot better than the NWN 1. As for bugs I haven't came across any but the controls. Whoah... The controls feels like a mixture of NWN and KotOR, with an expanded quick slot system. Very much expanded. ts getting me a bit to get use to them. I love the camera controls. Every game from this time on should mimic NWN 2's camera controls.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Why would you want a consolized version? Get the real version, man!

Come to think of it, I don't even know why I post on these boards. I haven't bought any games by Obs/Black Isle besides KotOR 2.

Because you're part of the community? :)

And you do have 50% of Obsidz games. :D

I pretty much like everyone here. We are have one common bond. We are gamers. What isn't there to like about a gamer? :)

Depends on what you consider Mid Range. I have a pretty mid range system with a slightly better than mid range video card and sound card. I had to tone down the shadows a bit.

Edited by Sand

Holy crap... is it possible to get a decent frame-rate on a mid-range system?  I've tried everything and it's still not getting a stutter free experience. :)

Define everything. Did you turn off shadows completely etc? I find shadows are a big lag inducer for some games. Even if my computer can run with them, it's always better with them off.

I'll be curious to see how it does on my system. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My EB had a shipping error, so they haven't gotten their shipment yet and won't for the next couple days.

I have bad luck with Preorders. I've preordered 3 games so far, and I haven't gotten any of them on release day. Which is what I figured the point of preordering was.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The game marches on.......

The main joinables gain a 1.25 out of 2 so far...

Camera control seems to be getting better as well.

NWN2's combat is pretty much NWN1 combat; but with 3.5 rules and a SP party.

LO @ Obsidian 4 'puppet control' :):)

The, exploring, character interaction, and character system is what makes the game fun. The story isn't that impressive (thus far).

Chapter 1 is pretty free.....

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Holy crap... is it possible to get a decent frame-rate on a mid-range system?  I've tried everything and it's still not getting a stutter free experience. :)

Define everything. Did you turn off shadows completely etc? I find shadows are a big lag inducer for some games. Even if my computer can run with them, it's always better with them off.

I'll be curious to see how it does on my system. :)

Changing resolutions, turning off shadows, switching filtering methods and texture quality.

The only way to gain a substantial increase in performance is to basically run it at minimal settings.

Maybe my computer's a little more powerful than I thought, because my game has had no engine problems whatsoever. I've got a mid-range processor and graphics card, and I've got the textures on high on the mid resolutions and it's running like a well-oiled machine. Maybe it's all the RAM I have, or something.

I've got to be honest, this game isn't grabbing me like I thought it would :) Don't get me wrong, it's turning out well, but it's not the incredible, flawless experience that BG gave me. I suppose it's unfair to compare this game to BG, but that's how it is so far. I think it may be because some parts of the game are really reminding me of IWD2, which in my opinion was the least effective of the BIS/Bioware FR games :)

That having been said, I've still got 35+ hours to get through the main drag of the game, and pretty soon the endless swamp scenery will have to change, once I hit Neverwinter. The arbirtrariness of the tutorial characters and the dully conventional beginning of the game will fade from memory, or be involved in some more compelling way later on. It hasn't knocked my socks off just yet.

But on the other hand, I haven't encountered the gnomish bard yet, which I am almost certainly going to intensely dislike.