NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

The elf girl to the right looks pretty good, though there are some models who were beaten by the ugly stick in there no doubt

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The elf girl to the right looks pretty good, though there are some models who were beaten by the ugly stick in there no doubt

I agree. Left one is ugliest IMO

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

"did anyone else realize that ONE skeleton, the female gythanki, and the zombie are the only ones not clothed from toe to neck?"

You mean like the bugbear, demons, dragons? Or the dryad?.. the dryad is very much clothed  :lol:

Not to mention the kobold. *titters like a girl-scout*

the driad isnt a driad, its a censored version, its fully wooden, and wood is naked...

If you ever had/have the Monster manual 1 you know how a driad looks like, and thats not one of them <_<

Jorian, I think you have confused NwN2 with this game. :-

I am angry, don't make me write something i regret later.

Actually, I just checked the monster manual (Core Book III) and the dryad there is a woman clothed and showing LESS than the wooden dryad.

EDIT: Of course, I just realized that you might mean 2nd edition monster manual or earlier. I personally prefer Drakar och Demoner's dryad, which is a swanky young lady showing as much as she possibly can (which is a stark contrast to the description of the dryad, where it says they try not to show themselves at all)... err, actually the wooden nymph of NWN 2 is actually better, considering that a dryad is a tree spirit or whatnot.

whatever i mean, you have to agree dryads are not themselves wooden

(if nothing else then just remember them from nwn1)

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Problem is... those heads are not in the game. I just took a look in the toolset. I think theyre modded faces.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Problem is... those heads are not in the game. I just took a look in the toolset. I think theyre modded faces.

:-

So I guess I still don't know how female elf looks like in this game :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Umm... I ment female elf.

Webhallen sent out NWN2 today to pre-order customers, it better be here Friday or Im going to explode.

MEH?! :huh: ... aww, crap. I should've ordered it from Webhallen then. I bet CDON won't ship my game until the third. ,_,

Jorian: Yes, I believe the mythological greek dryads looked like normal women (at least that's how they were painted ca. 1400-1600, which of course, doesn't mean crap since back then people romanticised everything mythological). Of course, if the D&D Rules were to describe them as little blue fellows with white pants and white hats, then Obsidian would have to model them that way.

Edited by Noceur

Webhallen sent out NWN2 today to pre-order customers, it better be here Friday or Im going to explode.

MEH?! :huh: ... aww, crap. I should've ordered it from Webhallen then. I bet CDON won't ship my game until the third. ,_,

Jorian: Yes, I believe the mythological greek dryads looked like normal women. Of course, if the D&D Rules were to describe them as little blue fellows with white pants and white hats, then Obsidian would have to model them that way.

not just the mythological one, in 3.0 and after it anywhere else they are a bit elvish looking, 'nature's child' females except ONE stupid picture whey they look like treants, and obsidian had to pick that one picture <_<

Nowhere is it said they have to look like that, quite contrary.

IB1OsQq.png

Please tell me where in the 3.5 ruleset it says that elves have an automatic comeliness and charisma of 18.

Aren't they supposed to be inherently graceful and beautiful? That's one of the big things with the race, I thought.

The more I see of these character models, the more I think of KotOR 2...and I couldn't find one male face I liked enough to use as a character. In fact, There were only like one or two female faces that were even passable as human.

Sincerely hoping the game is waiting for me once I get home....so I can play and completely ignore the fact I have homework and papers building up...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Please tell me where in the 3.5 ruleset it says that elves have an automatic comeliness and charisma of 18.

Aren't they supposed to be inherently graceful and beautiful? That's one of the big things with the race, I thought.

bingo

and charisma is not same as beauty, also I don't mind if they aren't supermodels, but they should look atleast decent and not like half-drunk, beaten beggars

IB1OsQq.png

Character creation is good. My biggest beef is that the dwarven beard absolutely suck. Only one was ok enough to even use. The others.. were.. ugh. Everything else was basically like NWN1 but with more stuff to choose overall as any good sequel should have.

No stability problems. The stupid patch took as long to download as the game took to install. LOL

Got the pathetic regualr edition because LE wasn't in, and I wanted the game NOW!!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Character creation is good. My biggest beef is that the dwarven beard absolutely suck. Only one was ok enough to even use. The others.. were.. ugh. Everything else was basically like NWN1 but with more stuff to choose overall as any good sequel should have.

No stability problems. The stupid patch took as long to download as the game took to install. LOL

Got the pathetic regualr edition because LE wasn't in, and I wanted the game NOW!!!!

all the races have lots of ugly looks, the only playable race what isn't fully f**ked up is the Half-Orc :huh:

IB1OsQq.png

all the races have lots of ugly looks, the only playable race what isn't fully f**ked up is the Half-Orc :huh:

Jorian, I understand that you are not happy with the looks of the races of NWN2, as I think are most of the other people reading this thread. Not to be belligerent, but can we please move past this and get to more substantial discussions, like how the game plays, what the writing is like, if the game is actually fun, etc.?

the second picture is a female...or was that the first one? :huh:

:blink:

I guess it is the last one... :huh:

However, I can stand those.

About other races: All the pics (and videos) I've seen about them are fine to me. Especially I have nothing to whine about humans.

So I don't believe what you last said, jorian.

Nothing to say about this anymore from my part.

Anything totally unbalanced

jorian, how many hours have you played NWN2?

*sigh* my keyboard was just splitted over with cofeee...thanks mom <_<

was lucky it was usb and pulled it right out...now i use an oldetr emergency bord and its hard to write with it...

anyway, playing NWN2 since 3-4 days, got it from my pal at the magazine, its the retail one, they said its not a problem to have iot since it will come out soon anyway, and i kept my mouth shut till now, so no spoilers have been released :D

good to have friends/connections :thumbsup:

the second picture is a female...or was that the first one? :huh:

:blink:

I guess it is the last one... :rolleyes:

However, I can stand those.

About other races: All the pics (and videos) I've seen about them are fine to me. Especially I have nothing to whine about humans.

So I don't believe what you last said, jorian.

Nothing to say about this anymore from my part.

Anything totally unbalanced

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I bought NWN2, and a large mushroom pizza ( w/ 3 toppings of chunky garlic).

Do you guys want a report on it? Or Are you satisfied on the reports you have so far? If so, what do you wanna know?

The game I mean...not the pizza.

Report on the game and the pizza! Won't get either until after work (that's assuming my EB has my copy in).