NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

Besdies, he didn't make NWN2. Obsidian did. They have to take responsibility for their creatures' appearances. I doubt every monster mdoel looks exactly like its pnp monster manual counterpart so that exuse is silly.

You assume obsidian have had a free hand in the artwork, very likely that everything had to be vetted by both atari & WoTC...

Do you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about anything?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Besdies, he didn't make NWN2. Obsidian did. They have to take responsibility for their creatures' appearances. I doubt every monster mdoel looks exactly like its pnp monster manual counterpart so that exuse is silly.

So, sticking to the source material as closely as possibly is not desired?

Trolls and ogres (again, from what I've seen of pre-release screens) look just like the MM illustrations, as does the red dragon.

"You assume obsidian have had a free hand in the artwork, very likely that everything had to be vetted by both atari & WoTC..."

You assume that I assumed that. Unless you can prove beyond a doubt that every single NWN2 character mdoel (PC or otherwise) is EXACTLY as its D&D equivelant; I shall take any blame being placed on the D&D artists as foolishness.

"Do you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about anything?"

Do you know ABSOLUTELY nothing about anything?

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

IF its possible then you might be able to create a character in the toolset and use it in the campaign, then you could haxx a human face instead of those ugly elven things

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can someone please explain to me prestige classes?

So I was leafing through the manual and reading up on the available prestige classes and all it states is the minimum requirement to attain said class. The classes state you get this or that at X level and some of them are really low, like level 2-3. So, do you get to jump right into a prestige class as long as you meet the requirements regardless of level? What level do you need to be to start taking presige classes? How can you receive some prestige perk at level 2 or 3? Meaning, say you have to be level 10 to start a prestige class, does your level drop to level one of the prestige class?

Me so confused. :lol:

Todd Lockwood's elves from the 3.0 FR book do look androgynous... the males look slightly feminine (the joke of Faerun, btw), and Todd's elves look sorta like their male counterparts (albeit seriously swankier).

Anyway, now that you've said that the elves in NWN 2 look ugly in your opinion, could we count that as your review of the game and move on?

I wanna know what people think of other aspects of the game as well.

Link to Official art vs. Neverwinter Nights 2

I don't think elf looks that bad, but I haven't seen female elf though.

I certainly like more NWN 2's hell hound. Male vampire's green skin looks stupid. I mean, shouldn't they be pale?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't think elf looks that bad, but I haven't seen female elf though.

I certainly like more NWN 2's hell hound. Male vampire's green skin looks stupid. I mean, shouldn't they be pale?

Hmm, seems that "beardless gnome" can't be used as an insult anymore :/

EDIT: Actually, what the heck am I typing? The insult is "bearded gnome".

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear they've tried to follow the Official art as close as possible.

Edited by Noceur

How the heck should i fit in my role, if i think the char is ugly !?  <_<

Whatever you do, dont post that opinion in this thread or you'll get eaten alive for daring not to like it.

not possible anyway becouse thats closed :-

elf:

elvenmx4.png

That's not an elf. That's a human with elf ears :lol:

There are doors

How the heck should i fit in my role, if i think the char is ugly !?  <_<

Whatever you do, dont post that opinion in this thread or you'll get eaten alive for daring not to like it.

not possible anyway becouse thats closed :-

elf:

elvenmx4.png

That's not an elf. That's a human with elf ears :lol:

and still, its more elvish than the game's ones <_<

did anyone else realize that ONE skeleton, the female gythanki, and the zombie are the only ones not clothed from toe to neck?

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

"did anyone else realize that ONE skeleton, the female gythanki, and the zombie are the only ones not clothed from toe to neck?"

You mean like the bugbear, demons, dragons? Or the dryad?.. the dryad is very much clothed :-

Not to mention the kobold. *titters like a girl-scout*

Edited by Noceur

"did anyone else realize that ONE skeleton, the female gythanki, and the zombie are the only ones not clothed from toe to neck?"

You mean like the bugbear, demons, dragons? Or the dryad?.. the dryad is very much clothed  :lol:

the driad isnt a driad, its a censored version, its fully wooden, and wood is naked...

If you ever had/have the Monster manual 1 you know how a driad looks like, and thats not one of them <_<

Jorian, I think you have confused NwN2 with this game. :-

I am angry, don't make me write something i regret later.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Or the dryad?.. the dryad is very much clothed  :-

Clothed like a fox!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You mean like the bugbear, demons, dragons? Or the dryad?.. the dryad is very much clothed  :lol:

the driad isnt a driad, its a censored version, its fully wooden, and wood is naked...

If you ever had/have the Monster manual 1 you know how a driad looks like, and thats not one of them <_<

Jorian, I think you have confused NwN2 with this game. :-

I am angry, don't make me write something i regret later.

Actually, I just checked the monster manual (Core Book III) and the dryad there is a woman clothed and showing LESS than the wooden dryad.

EDIT: Of course, I just realized that you might mean 2nd edition monster manual or earlier. I personally prefer Drakar och Demoner's dryad, which is a swanky young lady showing as much as she possibly can (which is a stark contrast to the description of the dryad, where it says they try not to show themselves at all)... err, actually the wooden nymph of NWN 2 is actually better, considering that a dryad is a tree spirit or whatnot.

Edited by Noceur

Oh c'mon, mostly those are very good. Especially Black Dragon looks awesome. Male vampire is only one that annoys me greatly.

Could someone post pic of this oh so terrible female elf? Quick googling gave me nothing.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Webhallen sent out NWN2 today to pre-order customers, it better be here Friday or Im going to explode.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "