• Jedi Academy (JA)
    • Jedi Outcast (JO)
    • Star Wars Battlefront 1
    • Star Wars Battlefront 2
    • Empire at War
    • Revnge of the Sith
    • Obi-Wan
    • Attack of The Clones

I keep hoping for a Republic Commando 2: Imperial Commando where you run around killing Jedi.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why is Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight not in that poll?

Why are the X-Wing games not in that poll? Anyone remember TIE-Fighter?

But you have Obi-Wan and Revenge of the Sith there? :angry:

TIE and JK were the best Star Wars games ever. No other Star Wars FPS (or any FPS, imo) comes close to how great JK was. And Tie Fighter was just the pimp daddy of its time. Straight up :dancing:

Amen brother!

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for KOTOR 2...KOTOR 1 is a close second.

Jedi academy was quite fun, but i remember i purchased it just one day before i purchased KOTOR. Needless to say, i haven't touched Jedi Academy again until i finished KOTOR... twice. :thumbsup:

Edited by SpaceAlex

It's very hard to choose between Kotors 1 and 2. Kotor 1 did what it set out to do very well, and was tremendously successful. Kotor 2 aimed a little higher, dealing with deeper issues and with a more mature approach to story-telling, but it fell somewhat short of its promise. Nevertheless, I find myself looking forward to replaying Kotor 2 more than Kotor 1, because the story and dialogue are more thought-provoking and less predictable. Maybe that makes it a better game? :-

Haven't played any of the others, sorry.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

K2 all the way. Better plot, better idea behind the story instead of rehashing most of what the old trilogy and stuffing it into a package called KOTOR (not saying that the game isn't good. It is. It's one of my favorites.) But the new themes of possibly having gray Jedi and both the Sith and the Jed almost nearly the same thing, got my attention. The whole mystery of the Force was taken into account and it was just refreshing to have a more thought-provoking game. Even though some of the content was cut, it didn't bother me as much as it might have others. So, there's that.

Guest The Architect
K2 all the way. Better plot, better idea behind the story instead of rehashing most of what the old trilogy and stuffing it into a package called KOTOR (not saying that the game isn't good. It is. It's one of my favorites.) But the new themes of possibly having gray Jedi and both the Sith and the Jed almost nearly the same thing, got my attention. The whole mystery of the Force was taken into account and it was just refreshing to have a more thought-provoking game. Even though some of the content was cut, it didn't bother me as much as it might have others. So, there's that.

Touche.

Edited by The Architect

Touche.

Well, Architect, I read your little summary on why K2 was a better game and I was simply going "Oh sweet God in heaven! Someone else who actually is thinking the same thing!" So, I had to throw my two cents in. But, yes, I concur with most of your statements as to why K2 is the superior game.

Guest The Architect
Well, Architect, I read your little summary on why K2 was a better game and I was simply going "Oh sweet God in heaven! Someone else who actually is thinking the same thing!" So, I had to throw my two cents in. But, yes, I concur with most of your statements as to why K2 is the superior game.

:)

Don't get me wrong, I like KotOR, but it's overrated.

Edited by The Architect

Totally agree with Omelette and The Architect. K1 is totally overrated (although I still love playing it). The story in particular bugs the heck out of me. I think people just love K1's story because there is a cool plot twist... but to the matter at hand.

Jedi Outcast or KotOR2 are my favorite Star Wars games. I loved modding JO.

Other good Star Wars Games not metioned in the poll:

Dark Forces 1

Jedi Knight (Boc still cracks me up)

X-Wing

Tie-Fighter

X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter

Rogue Squadron

Rogue Leader

P.S. I didn't even know they made an AotC game... probably wasn't very good though. Also curious tid bit. Of the good LA games mentioned above only Rogue Leader, the two recent Jedi Knights, and the KotORs were made after 1999. Hmmmmmmmm. :thumbsup:

I think people just love K1's story because there is a cool plot twist...

It's not like it's that big of a plot twist, either. I sort of figured it out along the way and just thought: "Hey, maybe I'm this evil sadistic man/woman that totally just screwed up the galaxy!"

But it was worth it to see the look on my sister's face when she watched it. "OMG! I can't be Revan?!" So, KOTOR does have its uses. To have seen my my poor sister's face as she gasped in horror as she realized that she just might be a little bit evil. Thank you KOTOR for the memories.

P.S. I didn't even know they made an AotC game... probably wasn't very good though. Also curious tid bit. Of the good LA games mentioned above only Rogue Leader, the two recent Jedi Knights, and the KotORs were made after 1999. Hmmmmmmmm. :teehee:

I think he was reaching and tried to put in Clone wars. The tank game where they said "we're going to fight a war with jedi... and DEAD SITH in TANKS!"

But Tie Fighter needed to be in that poll.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's true that these are very early games. I imagine Lego Star Wars would have got a few votes, had it been included. I didn't play it myself, but I thought the graphics were very cute. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

B00000K57S.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Okey, thats just mean. Firing the Death Star on a Ship! Truly the Empire would never sink that low? :)

And Shadows of the Empire Is one of the Greatest game made in the SW universe

Magos: "This is a tactical nuclear shell - it has an explosive yield close to fifty thousand tonnes of normal explosives!"

Guard Commander: "How many do you have?"

Magos: "Errr....one?"

Guard Commander: "I have fifty thousand heavy artillery pieces capable of firing half-tonne shells at a rate of four rounds a minute. You're the Magos - you do the maths."

Moa <3

It's true that these are very early games. I imagine Lego Star Wars would have got a few votes, had it been included. I didn't play it myself, but I thought the graphics were very cute. :p

The game itself was rather cute all the way around. I enjoyed how using the Force involved taking apart Lego pieces and then rebuilding them. Plus, as an added bonus...I got to kill Jar-Jar as many times as I wanted to. :)

That was truly a good game.

[quote name='Fr

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Accept
My fav SW game would be Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. First SW game I ever played.

Yeah, I loved that game....until I tried to play it again a few years later. It hasn't aged very well :lol:

Haha, same here. I installed it once again last year, "just to wake up old memories" i thougt, but... darn, i was suprised about how old it actually looked like. :lol:

But a w

Edited by Accept

KOTOR I.

KOTOR II would have made it, if not only with the cuts and bugs.

I'm sorry, but KOTOR 1 was not a better game than KOTOR 2.

K2 had a much better plot line that wasn't ripped off from the OT and was a bit more in depth than the previous game before it. I will say this again, K2 is by far a better game. Even with the bugs, which I can live with and some others, too, K2 blew away my expectations of a Star Wars game. It was in depth, advanced on the whole mythology of the Force, completely threw the light and dark sides into a whole new perspective, giving us an option of actually have grey options as well, and was just a complete advancement on the series as a whole. If anything, K2 is the unsung hero of the trilogy (hopefully there will be one). It just completely opening my mind about the situation.

KOTOR I.

KOTOR II would have made it, if not only with the cuts and bugs.

I'm sorry, but KOTOR 1 was not a better game than KOTOR 2.

K2 had a much better plot line that wasn't ripped off from the OT and was a bit more in depth than the previous game before it. I will say this again, K2 is by far a better game. Even with the bugs, which I can live with and some others, too, K2 blew away my expectations of a Star Wars game. It was in depth, advanced on the whole mythology of the Force, completely threw the light and dark sides into a whole new perspective, giving us an option of actually have grey options as well, and was just a complete advancement on the series as a whole. If anything, K2 is the unsung hero of the trilogy (hopefully there will be one). It just completely opening my mind about the situation.

Well, we all have different points of view here, but thats ok.. For at least KOTOR1 is complete.. Just imagine if Team Gizka werent there, well be waiting for nothing then..

sugodpalpa.gif

I believe the two go hand in hand. The stories intertwine and one could not be with the other. Yet in overall KOTOR One was better because it was the first of it's kind. the second may have improved in game play, and thickened the plot line, but it doesn't hold the same nostalgia the first one held. Now don't get me wrong they both stir all kinds of good emotions in me and I thoroughly enjoy both, I just seem to hold myself closer to the first. One reason this could be is that on historical Star Wars time line, KOTOR I is easier to plot and track. KOTOR II as is is more hearsay. KOTOR III will decide where KOTOR II willl fit, and hopefully end the trilogy. then KOTOR could come out with a totally new trilogy.

I think that Tie Fighter officially made it by being on IGN's top 25 list...

That makes me smile. I remember my dad playing that game. Sadly, I am a youngin' and do not have the distinct memory of playing that, nor have I ever touched it. Is it worth it to go and play that now if I could ever find it? Anyone?