• Jedi Academy (JA)
    • Jedi Outcast (JO)
    • Star Wars Battlefront 1
    • Star Wars Battlefront 2
    • Empire at War
    • Revnge of the Sith
    • Obi-Wan
    • Attack of The Clones

Lot of cheaply made games now from Lucasarts, now time for my 5 cents.

Battlefronts: 1 was good, shouldnt have made 2, the space battles, yuck and they changed the uber BF1 interface too. Mmm AI is stupid, not fun playing against bots in any game :p.

Most of the movie based games where dodge and rushed and most times had nothing to do with the movie, ie. Clone wars, now that was dodge. But I must admit I completely loved TPM on my PS1 :shifty: That was like the foundations for KotOR.

Jedi Knight series where leet, Jedi Academy was my favourite but you didnt really have a storyline, it was more like, hey go over there and do some random missions for the Academy and fight some SiF.

KOTO1 for its story and KOTOR 2 for its exstra powers and abilities :aiee:

I think the comment on this being a KOTOR forum is true. Per the survey so far it is pointless to make any other game - Tie Fighter type games not included. But KOTOR is nowhere on the list of what they are working on, its a latter thing to be gotten to when they get around to "having the resources".

Star Wars 2007, possibly going to be titled Star Wars Unleashed is not -from what I can tell- going to be a KOTOR, its a first person game. I imagine there is a reason it is getting priority. :aiee:

Edited by James Dunn

Playing Jedi Academy atm, its alright but I miss the storyline that KotOR has, its got good battles and fun parts to it, but just lacks any story which makes it boring and seems like the game was developed for 10 year olds who dont care about story only bang'bang'shoot'em ups.

Guest The Architect
Playing Jedi Academy atm, its alright but I miss the storyline that KotOR has, its got good battles and fun parts to it, but just lacks any story which makes it boring and seems like the game was developed for 10 year olds who dont care about story only bang'bang'shoot'em ups.

Yeah. Can't say I'm a fan of those button mashing action type games. :p

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way (that was a cheap shot I admit) I played JA, but it sucked if you ask me, because it bored the crap out of me, so I never finished it.

KOTOR, followed by the group of TIE Fighter, TSL and Jedi Knight.

I'd love to have a game in the mold of TIE Fighter again. Sadly LucasArts isn't interested  in space combat combined with a great story :p

Lucasarts is interested in MONEY

What a silly notion. All for profit companies are in it for the money. :(

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yeah. Can't say I'm a fan of those button mashing action type games. :shifty:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way (that was a cheap shot I admit) I played JA, but it sucked if you ask me, because it bored the crap out of me, so I never finished it.

Yeah, the only thing which is quite entertaining in it is when you duel with a dark force user, one of them cultists, duels are really fun because they last long and you have to move around and do your own attacking instead of just clicking "flurry" or "force wave" the best part of the duels has gotta be when your lightsaber and theirs get locked and you have to fight your way out of it.

On a side note, Jedi Knight is actually a part of Dark Forces.

Also Dark forces got a little nod from the petroglyph devs in General Mohc and his Dark Troopers and the Arc Hammer in EAW FOC.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 3 weeks later...

Kotor was a wonderful game followed by Kotor 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Star Wars Galaxies original concept, y'know the one that was on the original drawing board but somehow never got implemented like it was s'posed to

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I haven't played any of the old flight sim type games such as Tie Fighter partly because I've never owned a Nintendo system and I've heard those games didn't really port well to PC.

However, I really want to play them, especially Tie Fighter (I've heard that game is soooo good for what it is).

Anyway, I may get a Wii for that purpose...you can download any title that has ever been on a Nintendo platform (for a fee, of course).

I will probably get a Wii before a 360.

Anyway, I think KOTOR 1 is probably the best of the bunch I have familiarity with (JO, JA, K1, K2) but only because it was so polished and had a lot of sidequests. K2 had a much more interesting story. It really is close as to which is better, IMO.

and for those of you who can't wait for the next Jedi Knight game....I think you will get that in the new game (which is called Force Unleashed I think). I suspect it will be much closer to JK than KOTOR. I doubt they will keep using the JK name.

The title of 'Best Star Wars Game of All Time', for me, at any rate, is a toss-up between Tie-Fighter and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. No game since Dark Forces II has featured Force Destruction, which is still the funniest Force power ever created. There's something about roasting twenty stormtroopers with a giant fireball that just speaks to me.

swesbrly5iz.gif

Republic Commando.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Republic Commando.

Crap! This!

Or the first Battlefront. The second Battlefront removed the scattergun from the Darktrooper. :brows: I kicked posterior with that Darktrooper. My friends would panic when I was nearby. "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! OH CRAP, HE'S COMING!" "HOW'D HE GET BEHIND US!"

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."