Will we ever get Jefferson?

ramza

It would be really nice if Josh would do it as a sideproject(even better as an official expansion), problem is that he probably wont have time to do it.

But if he would allow it, Im sure there are many talented modteams who would like to do something with it. Id jump at that opportunity

Yeah, I'd be up for that two...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I have the full FAQ in a CD somewhere, I can put those things online if Sammael wants them back.

He said he wanted to re-publish the FAQ soon, so I guess he has an archive copy of it as well. You could try contacting him via email since he rarely posts here now. There's a tip about it on his google-hosted website which I linked to in my previous post. :(

Edited by aVENGER

2. Since Obsidian is basically working with Atari/WOTC on NWN2 couldn't the Obsidian bosses just pitch the Jefferson idea to the publisher for possible approval (barring a surprising financial flop I don't see Atari syaing no to expansions) and go that route?

I'd place alot of money on it being rejected.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

2. Since Obsidian is basically working with Atari/WOTC on NWN2 couldn't the Obsidian bosses just pitch the Jefferson idea to the publisher for possible approval (barring a surprising financial flop I don't see Atari syaing no to expansions) and go that route?

explain your thoughts, please.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

explain your thoughts, please.

I think they'd have a hard time prooving it to be conceptually better than other idea's.

It depends if it was a cold pitch, I'd doubt that, they'd have to come up with some "cool" implementations of stuff, which are specific to the game.

I'd reckon right now Mr Sawyer's brain is pulsating with a thousand idea's and add that to MCA's many ideas and "the black hound" as a concept is one of many.

That all said it's not impossible.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

I'd reckon right now Mr Sawyer's brain is pulsating with a thousand idea's and add that to MCA's many ideas and "the black hound" as a concept is one of many.

Yeah, I think this point gets missed in a lot of the hand-wringing by ardent fans; the game that would have been MUST have spawned many of the ideas in subsequent games developed by the same people. This is why current reviews of NwN2 quote similarities to KotOR:TSL, for example, because some (novel) ideas have been thrashed out and tested on the earlier game and are now a mature asset in the later game.

The good news is that this is not a zero-sum process, and is ongoing, so that other new ideas can spontaneously spring from within the minds of said developers, as well as build upon the mature concepts and their hard-earned development experiences.

:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bioware does the same thing. We had the Court thingie in NWN 1. We had the court thingie in KotOR 1. And we have the court thingie in JE.

ENOUGH WITH THE COURT THINGIE!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have the full FAQ in a CD somewhere, I can put those things online if Sammael wants them back.

He said he wanted to re-publish the FAQ soon, so I guess he has an archive copy of it as well. You could try contacting him via email since he rarely posts here now. There's a tip about it on his google-hosted website which I linked to in my previous post. :thumbsup:

I see him everyday on messenger, so if he needs anything we'll be in contact, thanks for the tip anyway.

Actually, I still have my folder with all the Jefferson pics, artwork, and interviews I could collect before Interplay's downfall (I just copy-pasted everything... lol).

I dont know how to share this however...

compress it into a zip or rar and use something like http://www.yousendit.com/

Bioware does the same thing.  We had the Court thingie in NWN 1.  We had the court thingie in KotOR 1.  And we have the court thingie in JE.

ENOUGH WITH THE COURT THINGIE!

Hey! I LIKE the court thingie.. just as much as I like the murder mystery part. Though, court dramas like AllyMcBeal etc. have gone out of fashion

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Anyway, I really hope that Feargus will suggest the development of TBH as a NWN2 expansion to the guys from Atari. Where there is profit to be gained, I don't see why they should say "no".

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Well, one thing would seem certain.

If all the story work was done for Jefferson, it'd be a quick expansion and thus more profitable... right?  :)

It wouldn't be that quick, but it would be quicker after all it wasn't made in the NWN's 2 engine and thus design stage may be partially sped up, but I doubt much else would be.

For all we know, NWN 2 may have alot of he elements intended for Jefferson already in there.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

If it were ever done, I would want it done as an independent project, not as a for-profit product.  It was initially conceived as a project with very little compromise, and my personal desire would be to keep it that way, for good or ill.

If this proves to be too much work for you, you can always put up a team of modders to help you with the project. There are some people volunteering for that in these boards.

If it were ever done, I would want it done as an independent project, not as a for-profit product.  It was initially conceived as a project with very little compromise, and my personal desire would be to keep it that way, for good or ill.

So as an expansion, Obsidian would still have to operate under the approval of WotC. But if you do it as an independent you don't have to get their OK on content. Still, even if Obsidian isn

If this proves to be too much work for you, you can always put up a team of modders to help you with the project. There are some people volunteering for that in these boards.

Yes.. *nudge, nudge, wink* :)"

(although if I was Josh Id rather do it with people I actually know and who I meet every day.. like friends)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So NOW you want to be his friend AS WELL? :o

I'd already mentioned knocking up a tool to parse 2DA's and split them into more manageable files while you worked with them.

If Mr Josh wants me to do that and outlines what he needs I'd be happy to, but I still hate him as much as I hate my old mom's cooking. :D

It's in my nature, he's a designer and therefore the enemy "GRANADE!". :)

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg