NWN2: Major disappointment - Character creation

Riftworm

Some of these critical comments seem sorta unprofessional and bogus and maybe even trollish/childish.

I think they have been played on the NWN2 official boards too - perhaps by the same people.

I still believe.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I have the game (it's out in Israel since 4 hours ago) and I havent played much yet but one of the things I was looking for was character creation and as far as customizing your character's look it is a HUGE let down.

I haven't played the actual game, I just stared at the box that it has arrived in, and it is just plain disgusting. THE GAME IS A DISASTER!

The reviewcopy Atari sended them (they discussed reviewcopy bugginess around this rush-for-holiday-time somewhere else in the mag)... I doubt the publisher would send out older versions as such and get worse reviews; what good would it do them? Then again... they did keep sending out movies of older versions  :lol:

We already know that some European press groups have received and used our Beta 5 build for previews/reviews. That sucker is far from the quality of RC6e, which was our release build.

Which raises the question...

WHY?

Why send out an old Beta as "retail version"???

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Which raises the question...

WHY?

Why send out an old Beta as "retail version"???

Atari sent them out, so I'm not sure. But reviewers almost always use pre-release versions. It would have been better for press folks to see RCs instead of Betas, but oh well.

To prevent the game to be passed around?

Fable Lost Chapters torrent was out way before it hit the store shelves.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

But reviewers almost always use pre-release versions.

Hmm.. Not really. But I think we were too small to get the really early copies.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They are not "retail version", they are early pre-release review versions. Because they are sent PRE-RELEASE. :lol:

Aye; but with my mag (which I quoted) they usually use pre-release versions that are not full nor given as "gold" ONLY for Previews. For reviews they use those that are certainly "gold" and thus as they ship in stores. If this did not happen this time I don't know if it was sloppy of the mag; or by Atari. If Sawyer wants to find out just mention it and I PM the adress of their redaction so you can send a mail (don't post it here; doubt they will love spambots much)...

Atari sent them out, so I'm not sure.  But reviewers almost always use pre-release versions.  It would have been better for press folks to see RCs instead of Betas, but oh well.

Yeah; I know. But there have been enough times already reviews in this mag came a month later because they got such beta versions or because the producer wanted an exclusive for a good score that they just halted with reviewing till they gotten a retail copy (actually representative)...

Doubt they changed that "code" just for this game...

But once again... if you want to find out for yourself; they probably wont mind answering the questions of a game developer...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Oh for pity sake, leave the guy alone. One of the things that annoyed me about Morrowind (my computer won't handle Oblivion, so I don't know if it's improved) was the butt-ugly faces of the characters. The game was great fun, but that didn't mean I wasn't constantly irked by how ugly my poor dark elf was.

People should be able to post opinions in here without being attacked like a raw steak being tossed into a shark pond.

This is strange, Oblivion gets a 9 or a 10 with nil roleplaying options, avarage story, no partymembers to enhance the atmosphere and zero replayability but NWN2 which apparantly has a incredible story, interesting partymembers, multiplayer ability, great roleplaying and alot of replayability gets an 8?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I also find it interesting that the original NWN got 8.75 (and 9 in the second comment) while this review says that NWN 2 improves on basically everything except AI and pathfinding, issues that (according to the review) was present in the first game as well.

So equal or better at everything = lower score.

Well, Oblivion is a highly over-rated game. It offers nothing new except pretty visuals.

But NWN was a very innovative game for it's time. So i can understand higher scores for NWN. NWN 2 is just an improvement over those innovative ideas that make NWN a classic.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

"

This is strange, Oblivion gets a 9 or a 10 with nil roleplaying options, avarage story, no partymembers to enhance the atmosphere and zero replayability but NWN2 which apparantly has a incredible story, interesting partymembers, multiplayer ability, great roleplaying and alot of replayability gets an 8?"

My guess is that some basic things, like character generation struck the reviewers as poor and dragged it down. I have to say the screens from character generation I have seen have all been below par.

While Oblivion is hardly a masterpiece it has nevertheless set a new standard for what is expected of the basic functions of a CRPG of this type.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It does take reviewers a little time to play the game before reviewing it. Interesting early impressions bits there tho. I'm most intrigued by the "if you didn't like NWN1 then you won't like NWN2" - I wish the poster had said why.

I don't care much about the faces personally - I mean, it is a bit annoying when they're ugly to you, but it doesn't kill a game for me. :)

I'm also curious what exactly "proper length female hair" is supposed to be. :lol: ... That's rhetorical...don't answer. hah

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts