Love potion within reach

Atreides

A few people have the view that love is "just a chemical reaction" and we can see its effects on the brain - chemicals and stuff makes you loopy. Also there's the issue of the setting and circumstance to "fake" it. For example if you go on a roller coaster ride your heart races and you can mistake it as love.

Anyway since that's the case will drugging ourselves with love potions when we see someone be a formula for "happily ever after"? Might keep people together longer too.

Good idea? Bad idea?

:lol: because it's the cool thing to do.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Seriously though, it would probably be more a matter of people drugging other people to be in love with them. In the other case drugging oneself to feel for someone seems foolish to me. What would be the upside? How would the drug even be selective of whom one would be in love with anyway?

I've never heard of your roller coaster example. From what I've known of love I'd consider it a prolonged sentiment; something that lasts more than fifteen minutes.

Edited by Nartwak

No thanks on this...I can barely grasp the concept of love already and this'll just muddy the waters even more.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Call me romantic but I think that love is not only chemicals :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I've been on lots of roller coasters and not once did I mistake the rush for love. :(

Like that other recent thread, this kind of thing might be useful as an anti-depressant of some kind, but a 'love potion'...depends on what it does, really. If it fakes people into falling in love and then they have keep taking the potion to stay in love, that's silly - I see no point to that.

The intense quick fallin-in-love rush part may be initially largely chemical, but that isn't what keeps people together for 50 years. In my opinion anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just put it in all major public water supplies all the world. Watch the love spread :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The intense quick fallin-in-love rush part may be initially largely chemical, but that isn't what keeps people together for 50 years.

Also, a lot of the chemistry of couples is built upon their pheremones, which are directly related to their immune system (hence not malleable with a potion or topical cream or whatever: needs germ therapy).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT