Which is the better Kotor?

Which Kotor is better, 1 or 2?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kotor is better, 1 or 2?

• KOTOR1
    • KOTOR2

Hey, I have K2 and I've never played K1 I'm just wondering which u guys liked more.

K1 party characters:

Jolee Bindo - old man who is a Jedi Consular.

Bastila - Seen in K2.

Carth - Seen in K2.

Canderous - K2's Mandalore.

HK47 - Seen in K2.

T3M4 - Seen in K2.

Mission - female Twi'lek

Zaalbar - Mission's Wookie friend.

Juhani - redeemed cathar Jedi from Dantooine.

Darth Malak is villain in K1.

Storywise, K1 is probably liked more. However, K2's Kreia character also has depth.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Kotor 1 is vastly superior in all things. It has less bugs, does not crash as much, has interesting characters with completed storylines, and it has a complete ending that makes sense without reading extra content.

The only thing good about kotor 2 is that it was made on the same platform and has new content. It is a poor version of kotor 1, but even a poor version is worth playing.

K1 pwns K2 in most ways, in some ways however, K2 is pwnage

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Kotor2 for me. Never finished Kotor1...got bored, hated the blue chick, hated the wookie (can't stand wookies in the Kotor series...). Lots of people love it tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked Kotor 1. I liked the story and most of the characters.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hubby likes it too. :D Tho he hasn't had time to finish it...he got pretty close but a busy work period intruded.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect

IMO...

KotOR>KotOR II (the way it officially is)

KotOR<KotOR II (with the cut-content included and if annoying bugs/glitches were fixed)

I've been very critical of KotOR in the past, I thought the story and the writing was pretty crap, the characters (apart from Jolee, HK-47 and Canderous) were crap and the plot-twists (you are Revan and Bastila falls to the DS) were ridiculously obvious and overrated, but for some reason, it's one of my favourite games of all-time. Work that out :p It's probably because I don't play many games (I've only played roughly 15 games in the past four years, which is not much).

I thought the story in KotOR II was pretty good (but at the same time weird), the writing was excellent IMO ( :( Chris) but the characters weren't really any more interesting than what they were in KotOR (apart from Kreia, the best character in the series IMO). But given how KotOR II ended up (all that awesome cut content and those annoying bugs and glitches) KotOR gets my vote. It wouldn't have if Obsidian had of truly finished the game from all perspectives, but still; KotOR II is one of my favourite games as well.

Hubby likes it too. :D Tho he hasn't had time to finish it...he got pretty close but a busy work period intruded.

Thats what weekends are for. :-"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Thats what weekends are for. :huh:"

I loved K2 for me.

The story and characters were just heads above K1.

Also K2 had a more mature fell to it and didnt feel quite as linear as K1 did

Well, first planet of Taris in K1 was interesting. Said before, but continual NPC interaction, differences in some areas (some are darker, and a few others are brighter). That is, until the sith attack the planet and character has to leave it.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

K2 for me. The story was much darker and more philosophical which was not present in K1. It also has a much higher replayability factor for me personally.

K1 had strong points too. Opening was great and closing was great. The planets were very diverse (Korriban rocked!), and the set items were convienient, but after about the 4th playthrough it just...got old doing the same things and knowing exactly whats going to happen. K2 kept my interest until the very end and it still does every time I play it. Robes looked a lot cooler as well. >_<

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

K1 is the more complete product with textured graphics, changing skylines and other "little things" that make a big difference.

Taris was an "oh my god, this is a good map" type world that has not been rivalled in the franchise since.

however, the story of K1 is sooo transparent. KOTOR 2 is the more mature, introspective game that had so much potential. it just suffered from a lack of development time and post-production support.

K2 is my favorite game (between the two)....Taris is my favorite world in the franchise so far.

they are both very good cRPGs.

Taris was a good planet in restrospect but it was a little too long. K2 is the better game for me. The pacing seemed quite natural unlike in Kotor 1 where the game feels a little too drawn out after Malak captures Bastilla.

K2's pacing seems great until after the rebuilt enclave where ironically - for me - in contrast to Kotor 1's finish, it feels too short; things happen too quickly. Anyway both games have their issues, but Kotor 2 does what Kotor 1 doesn't do and that's dish out a fairly innovative story in the SW universe.

Edited by Darth Blivion

Well, looking aside that Malachor planet ending was not exactly done in climatic way, would still say that planet like this had some kind of setting that KotOR likely did not have. K1's Star Forge was much more like a mechanical environment where else Malachor was more like a planet that was shaped through effect of mass shadow generator and how many Mandalorians, Jedi and Republic people were killed. Could not really understand idea of Star Forge being fueled by DS energies while it was easier to do so with Malachor as it looked more like a non-artificial environment of a planet, although game does not show it in its initial state before war occurred on its surface.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧