Best Lightsaber

What is the best lightsaber?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best lightsaber?

• Single-Bladed
    • Two-Single Blades
    • Double-Bladed

Argh, it's poll, it's poll! *runs*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Two single sabers - mainly due to having extended critical range of each weapon, even without including upgrades to saber damage from say lightsaber crystals, emitters or lenses. Even for say, PCs that take Jedi Master/Consular classes together, it might still work, assuming that base Str is raised to around 16-20+ points.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It all depends on how much do you want to throw into your feats.

If you're a Consular / Jedi Master / Sith Lord, or a Sentinel / Watchman / Assassin, then you're probably best off just using one saber, maxing out your Duelling feat tree, and working from there. You get a nice +3 attack and +3 defense bonus, too.

It takes a lot of feats to get a decent two weapon fighting build going, and unless you're a Guardian (or one of the Guardian-type prestige classes), you might not have as many feats to spare.

The way I see it, as a Consular class, you're going to mostly be using your Force powers anyways.

As one of the prestige classes for the Sentinel, you're going to get a nice sneak attack bonus.

Even if you are a Guardian class character, you can still do great with a single blade, maxing out superior weapon focus (as a prestige class).

I always use two singles, no matter what character type I'm playing as. If I'm a "Guardian" type, I hit more, do more damage. If I'm a "Consular" type I like the extra attacks against stunned opponents - Force wave + stasis make enemies sitting ducks.

Will usually keep single sabers for my character. And give double-bladed sabers that are found in game to characters like Atton, Bao-Dur and even Visas. Having a saber like Count Dooku's that has a curved hilt and with a fencing kind of style would have been interesting. Most of sabers from game generally had straight blades, differing only based on length (short or long). Mira is likely only character who gets a single saber with games I have played.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Two singles. I like the way it looks better - the fighting animations. Although when Atton does his leap with a double-bladed saber in one hand and the other empty hand stretched out behind him, it's kinda cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 sabers floating around me controlled by the force..............OR double bladed

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Dual sabers. Mainly because doing about 50 ish damage each, they get through enemies like a hot knife through butter, but partly the animations. Particularly the one with the Exile jumping over the enemies swing...

Although sometimes it just has to be one blade.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

Ehh I always liked the double bladed, "Exar Kun" but yeah for the game 2 singles is your best bet, but its just not pratical outside the game iand inside the world of star wars lol stupied company

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

for the game 2 singles is your best bet, but its just not pratical outside the game iand inside the world of star wars lol stupied company

(bold emphasis mine)

I find this an intriguing statement.

My limited knowledge says that dual-wielding weapons can be very practical, if you have the skill, and they're not super heavy arms like big broadswords. Since lightsabers are most likely very light in weight, I don't see how it wouldn't be practical?

Unless you're just talking about story concepts ala "Jedi don't use two sabers because it's tradition." :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts