NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Hay, I just finished the thieves' missions, but I can't find the inn were my contact is supposed to be...

Any ideas?

Are you talking

about the mission where you have to meet the contact and buy his stuff? Check out Blacklake. Should be right by the entrance to the map First building on the left I believe.

And based on Berserk's question: Didn't we find out that you don't actually need ranks in diplomacy to become an eldritch knight? :lol:

Edited by metadigital

Hay, I just finished the thieves' missions, but I can't find the inn were my contact is supposed to be...

Any ideas?

And based on Berserk's question: Didn't we find out that you don't actually need ranks in diplomacy to become an eldritch knight? :mellow:

I never believed that I needed to get Diplomacy ranks in order to get Eldritch Knight. I want Diplomacy because I like to be able to talk my way out of things and if that fails I'll just start dropping fireballs.

Maybe I should go Sorcerer instead of Wizard for my Eldritch Knight? I'll probably won't be using too many different spells and metamagic on the fly would be pretty nice.

Any ideas?

And based on Berserk's question: Didn't we find out that you don't actually need ranks in diplomacy to become an eldritch knight? :mellow:

I never believed that I needed to get Diplomacy ranks in order to get Eldritch Knight. I want Diplomacy because I like to be able to talk my way out of things and if that fails I'll just start dropping fireballs.

Maybe I should go Sorcerer instead of Wizard for my Eldritch Knight? I'll probably won't be using too many different spells and metamagic on the fly would be pretty nice.

Ah. Hadn't consider that you just wanted Diplomacy in order to talk your way out of things. :D

And the Sorceror/Wizard thing depends on what you want to do with your character. A wizard can get both 9th level spells and 4 attacks per round. A sorceror can only have one of the two because of his slower spell progression. :(

Any ideas?

Ah. Hadn't consider that you just wanted Diplomacy in order to talk your way out of things. :D

And the Sorceror/Wizard thing depends on what you want to do with your character. A wizard can get both 9th level spells and 4 attacks per round. A sorceror can only have one of the two because of his slower spell progression. :(

Heh, Wizard it is then. Guess I'll go for Able Learner, Powerattack, Cleave and spellcasting feats for the rest of my remaining feats.

My enjoyment is starting to be impaired. Not sure what causes it, but suddenly I have AVG screwing with game files going "OMG! These are viruses!" I tell it to ignore them while I swear at AVG for crashing the game. 20 minutes later after I start NWN2 back up again AVG will again start yelling at me because of the same stupid files. I TOLD YOU TO IGNORE THEM DAMNIT! Once again the game crashes because of AVG which is then killed...

Now that AVG is dead the game is started up once more and everytime I try to open a context menu the game decides to crash again! ARG! :mellow:

Turn off the AVG.

You don't need it running in the background, unless you are downloading suspicious files. If you are still concerned, disconnect from the internet. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My enjoyment is starting to be impaired. Not sure what causes it, but suddenly I have AVG screwing with game files going "OMG! These are viruses!" I tell it to ignore them while I swear at AVG for crashing the game. 20 minutes later after I start NWN2 back up again AVG will again start yelling at me because of the same stupid files. I TOLD YOU TO IGNORE THEM DAMNIT! Once again the game crashes because of AVG which is then killed...

Now that AVG is dead the game is started up once more and everytime I try to open a context menu the game decides to crash again! ARG! :mellow:

Turn off the AVG.

You don't need it running in the background, unless you are downloading suspicious files. If you are still concerned, disconnect from the internet. :(

I have been ever since it started screwing with me. I just sometimes forget about it if the computer has been restarted and it's popped back up without my noticing. :">

You can't simply unsummon it while you're in the tavern?

Meanwhile, I'm at the Docks in my second playthrough. Went the 'evil' path this time, but

I can't seem to burn the City Watch building down. As far as I know I hvae to set fire to the 2 crates and the wagon; I have done so multiple times, got caught once and bluffed my way out. The fires are burning, but nada. I've tried burning each area +6 times but that just seems to add more fire placeables.

Ah well, playing the 'not-so-Good' path really indicates how the OC, just like all the others, were built for a Good character. Or just a crazy meanie one that likes to kill everyone.

Quick question yo.  What's the drawback of taking Eldritch Knight over say pure Wiz since EK lets me gain spells as my lvl 7 Wiz would?

You need to either get a level of Fighter or burn a feat to get Martial Weapons. The first level of EK doesn't give you a caster level, the following 9 levels do though. You also lose out on the free Metamagic feats that a pure Wizard gets.

You can't simply unsummon it while you're in the tavern?

Meanwhile, I'm at the Docks in my second playthrough. Went the 'evil' path this time, but

I can't seem to burn the City Watch building down. As far as I know I hvae to set fire to the 2 crates and the wagon; I have done so multiple times, got caught once and bluffed my way out. The fires are burning, but nada. I've tried burning each area +6 times but that just seems to add more fire placeables.

Ah well, playing the 'not-so-Good' path really indicates how the OC, just like all the others, were built for a Good character. Or just a crazy meanie one that likes to kill everyone.

Once you've got all three areas going you just need to walk out the front gate. :(

It's worth it, in my opinion.

Losing one feat for Martial Weapons won't kill you (don't take the fighter level, that's another spell level gone :( )

In exchange you get more hit points, and you'll be able to fight if need be. :(

Plus the first level of EK does give you two bonus feats to make up for the one used for Martial Weapons. :)

Any ideas?

Are you talking

about the mission where you have to meet the contact and buy his stuff? Check out Blacklake. Should be right by the entrance to the map First building on the left I believe.

No,

Axle tells me to meet Katrina to get into blacklake, but I can't locate the correct inn...

:(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Any ideas?

Are you talking

No,

Axle tells me to meet Katrina to get into blacklake, but I can't locate the correct inn...

:(

Ah!

She's not at an inn. She will be outside near the gate into Blacklake. Standing right in front of the gate do a 90 degree turn to the right and she should be right in front of you.

It's worth it, in my opinion.

Losing one feat for Martial Weapons won't kill you (don't take the fighter level, that's another spell level gone :bat: )

In exchange you get more hit points, and you'll be able to fight if need be. :p

Plus the first level of EK does give you two bonus feats to make up for the one used for Martial Weapons. :wacko:

Is the 3 lost spellcaster levels from a Wiz8/Fig2/EK10 that bad? What am I giving up compared to a Wiz 10/EK 10 build?

Oh, and is it worth to get the Craft Magic Armour and Weapons feat for myself or should I use a follower for that?

My endgame save file is only 148 megs. How could you have run out of space, do you keep saving to different slots? Even if you did that, you'd need like 100 different saves before running out of space.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What kills me is that we cannot choose where our saves goes. I have a hard drive dedicated to games. I want all my game data, from installs to saves to go there. However I hate the fact that newer games like NWN2 and Oblivion are putting saves on my OS drive.

MY OS DRIVE IS NOT FOR GAMES!

It is only for my OS, utility programs like Word and Acrobat, and important documents. THAT IS IT, DAMN IT!

I don't give a rat's ass that it is going to be Vista standard. I AM USING XP NOT F**KING VISTA!

Sorry for the strong language but I feel kind of strongly about this issue.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That's going to take a long while for some people to get used to Unix Way. :sorcerer:

I'm, on the other hand, all for storing user specific data in user's Home directory, this way I can just sync all my documents, settings, saved games between different systems at once. Also it is much easier to do backups, since I'd need to burn only one directory for everything.

If you really don't want to keep your saved games on C: drive, you can change that by selecting a different location for your "My Documents" directory.

Why?

I put my important documents, like PDF files of my taxes, phone numbers, personal project and papers I write in Word in the My Documents folder. My C drive is for all the ultra important programs and documents that I need for keep my computer and life running. Those documents belong in the "My Documents" folder and belong on my C drive.

My D drive is for my entertainment based media files: MP3s, AVIs MPEGs, JPEGs, gaming PDFs, and whatnot.

My E drive is for my games. I have all my games installed on my E Drive. Fallouts, Baldur's Gates, NWNs, KotORs, Morrowind, Oblivion, and what not. My E drive is meant for my games.

My F drive is or unsorted miscellaneous Internet files and logs, temporary stuff.

This is how I organize my computer. I don't give a bloody hell about Unix, Microsoft, and any bullcrap like that. This is how I organize stuff and it has worked for me for years.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

You only go through fragmentation if you install or uninstall large clumps of data. Since I have my E drive to do that I hardly ever need to defrag my C drive.

You only go through fragmentation if you install or uninstall large clumps of data.  Since I have my E drive to do that I hardly ever need to defrag my C drive.

No, you have fragmentation if you frequently change the contents of the partition (which is often the case with documents folder).

Still, keeping user data in user home directory is the way to go. Hooray for that! :sorcerer:

Edit: also, one more thing that I forgot: think access control in a multi-user system.

Edited by Diamond