NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

How is everyone's FPS?  I'm using a 512MB 6800XT and I don't seem to be getting any more than 30 FPS indoors, and 20-25/30 FPS outdoors.  I've tried lowering the settings, but to no discernible effect. Any ideas on what other graphic options to disable to yield greatest FPS benefits?

How about disabling the V-sync manually through display properties instead of letting application controlled?

I heard LCD users will have their frame rates limited to 30fps due to its low refresh rate and NWN2 doesn't have a v-sync on/off option which is defaulted as 'on'.

BRILLIANT!

[TOMBS:] Arkan + 100

[TOMBS:] Zoma + 100

I disabled virtually EVERY graphic option but was still getting pathetically low frame rates. Then, as Arkan suggested, I merely switched that surreptitious shadow option off, and viola! I was maintaining the rate at 30FPS after turning up the other options to med-high settings - including those snazzy bloom effects!

Then following Zoma's advice, I switched the application controled V-sync option off from my nVidia control panel, and then relaunched. The end result: 40-60 FPS. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

I think its the V-sync problem which plagues so many problems for the users in the Bio forums. It may help solving many slow down issues (for high end GPU users especially) over there if the devs inform them of this V-sync problem and the alternate way to disable it.

Also, it'll be nice if the next patch includes the V-sync toggle though.

Edited by Zoma

Hey guys, a few questions if you dont mind answering.

1. Has NWN2 implemented weapon threat ranges? If so, then which weapon has the highest threat range in the game?

2. Are there actually any viable warrior/mage builds in third edition?

3. When you bash a chest, you find a broken item. What items can be broken? I dont want to lose out on magic loot by bashing chests.

1. Has NWN2 implemented weapon threat ranges? If so, then which weapon has the highest threat range in the game?

3. When you bash a chest, you find a broken item. What items can be broken? I dont want to lose out on magic loot by bashing chests.

1) Yes, if you mean the greater chance of a crit attack.

2) Yes, you can take the Eldritch Knight prestige class and gain a fighters attack with a spellcasters spellcasting levels added.

3) Dunno, haven't done this yet.

2) Yes, you can take the Eldritch Knight prestige class and gain a fighters attack with a spellcasters spellcasting levels added.

3) if you bash a chest a random item from it will be destroyed. a good reason to have a rogue around :lol:

1. No, not that. I mean like in TOEE where you have a circle around your character, the size of which depends on your weapon, and you get attacks of opportunity against anyone moving in and out of your circle.

1. Do you possibly mean Reach? In that case, not to my knowledge.

how do you see your FPS's? is there a command to turn them on, or can you just tell?

Well if you're special like me, then yeah, you can "just tell."

Otherwise bow your head in shame and behold the power of FRAPS.

:D

--

Also, how the hell do we change the freakin' ant sized font? It's really starting to piss me off now. I tried adjusting the windows font and even dpi settings on the advanced graphics options on display properties, but sadly the effect didn't transfer over. Then I tried changing the "UseLargeFont" value in the .ini settings file in NWN2 my documents folder (incidentally, why the hell can't game files stay in their own damn folder?! These days, every game spreads like a cancer through your hard drive memory locations!) from 0 to 1 but the bloody option doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

manthing2.jpg

NWN1 used to have "High-Resolution Font" option. Curiously, that would make the font SMALLER on my computer. And jaggy.

Can't help you. :shifty:

Honestly, I think they should have more allies avaialble earlier on. Not specifically casters; but I simply like getting joinables as early as possibl;e so I can have more choice in whole I travel with. I would have LOVED for the first two from the tutorial to be full time joinables. I REALLY liked them. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...Avellone doesna post much anyways, so why expect more now when he can git grilled like a BBQ hotdog??... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Go eat a cob, you spanker! Uh... no, that's not right response...

It's sort of peculiar, I've heard several accounts of the game running well on older systems as well as the many performance complaints.

Even worse, I've seen people with virtually identical system specs having completely different performance (one horrible, one great).

Do people post their dxdiag's on the Bio forums? The info in those is often very enlightening beyond the common and seeming similar basic system specs of 3ghz/graphic card/RAM people give out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In NWN2, do ability scores have a cap? Also, does improved critical double a weapons threat range or just increase it?

double

(hint: scimitar or rapier :))

1. Do you possibly mean Reach? In that case, not to my knowledge.

1. Threat range max: 12-20

2. what do you exactly mean by this?

3. already answered correctly

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

double

(hint: scimitar or rapier

Good, good.... Im going to go for a falchion though.

Im thinking about massive amounts of strength, plus power attack, plus frenzied berserker, plus a falchion wielded two handed.

With 24 STR(base), I will have a strength bonus of 10, plus 2 damage from weapon specialization(or 4 depending on how I balance my levels), 20 or 24 damage from improved power attack plus the base damage of the weapon.

And then there will be the STR bonus from frenzy or any items.

Thats why I need to know if ability scores are capped or not.

1. Threat range max: 12-20

So this is the hardcoded limit or the maximum available in the game? If so then is it possible to reach it? As far as I know keen doesnt stack with improved critical, neither does anything else, so the best possible threat range is 15-20.

My main complaint so far....

Warlocks can't enchant. :(

Yet... they are offered the feats for it. :)

I'm glad I found this out before I blew feat slots on feats my class can't even use.

Why, oh why did they gimp Warlocks like that. They're the best enchanters in a non-Eberron world.... at least in PnP :)