NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

It is a cool name. :D

Ok, according to the wiki here (I forgot I packed my books so I'll have to go with this) http://www.nwn2wiki.org/Blackguard - You'll need a few prereqs in the form of an attack bonus and certain feats.

As a bard you'd have to hit level 8 before you could make the switch for the +6 BAB. So that gives you some time to develop your character.

The skill requirements should be no biggie for a bard.

And you should be able to get the feats by then (someone correct me please if I'm wrong)

So I'd think it'd be ok to make the switch as soon as you meet the pre-reqs (level :thumbsup: without placing yourself into trouble. :lol:

Note: I'm not 100% certain of that (bards and combat classes aren't my specialty and there might be further changes in NWN2 compared to the PnP), but it does sound good in theory. :) And would make for a pretty wicked character concept in my opinion. :D

Oops, I forgot part of your question.

One level of fighter "might" help for the free bonus feat.. but I wouldn't think it essential. And the bonuses for being a barbarian could be useful.

I guess it comes down to how much Bard do you want to be? :thumbsup:

Hah! It hath arrivethed!

Chaotic Evil LE... says it includes (in-game): "Blessed of waukeen feat (snip), two special items, access to a unique weapon and a magical golden aura that surrounds players' characters."

I hope those items aren't chaotic evil... I'm playing good characters mostly (first play-through will be the epitome of goodness, asimaar paladin). I won't find out until later today though, cuz I must leave for work (then shop for a costume, the party is, as they say, On, tomorrow, yes).

I must say, 'twould be funny to walk around with the ring saying Chaotic Evil XD

Is it just like me or does it seem like theyve used a text-to-speech/artificial voice software for Daeghon?(or whats his name, your sugahdaddy)

Example http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Based on the general feedback from the Bio forums concerning of NWN2 performance (Which sounds badly optimised), I'm wondering of the possibility if future patches would improve the game engine's performance or is it even possible at all?

I heard from others that such feat would require a rebuild of the engine which makes such move unlikely so I'm curious.

Would had posted in the Bio forum but the last thing I want would be the thread being hijacked by whiners and NWN2 haters, and also I rather like the atmosphere here than over there.

Go eat a cob, you spanker! Uh... no, that's not right response...

It's sort of peculiar, I've heard several accounts of the game running well on older systems as well as the many performance complaints.

Edited by Nartwak

Based on the general feedback from the Bio forums concerning of NWN2 performance (Which sounds badly optimised), I'm wondering of the possibility if future patches would improve the game engine's performance or is it even possible at all?

I heard from others that such feat would require a rebuild of the engine which makes such move unlikely so I'm curious.

Would had posted in the Bio forum but the last thing I want would be the thread being hijacked by whiners and NWN2 haters, and also I rather like the atmosphere here than over there.

We area friendly sort here. Threads are easy to keep track of, Obsidian doesn't have the huge amount of people posting like Bioware does. Threads can get lost quickly.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

sooo what am i supposed to do

after i kill the duergar in the starling house? bevil just tells me to go to the wheat field, but after i killed all the duergar there everyone just stands around doing nothing. i've tried talking to everyone, going to every house and done everything i can think of.

is this a bug or am i just missing the obvious?

sooo what am i supposed to do

after i kill the duergar in the starling house? bevil just tells me to go to the wheat field, but after i killed all the duergar there everyone just stands around doing nothing. i've tried talking to everyone, going to every house and done everything i can think of.

is this a bug or am i just missing the obvious?

Sounds like there might be a triggered dialogue that's not functioning. That happened to me (as I hadn't saved in 1 1/2 hours, this was pretty bad) you're going to have to go back through the fight from an earlier save.

Dhaegun and some ranger buddies should have started showing up and kicking ass

Go eat a cob, you spanker! Uh... no, that's not right response...

It's sort of peculiar, I've heard several accounts of the game running well on older systems as well as the many performance complaints.

Even worse, I've seen people with virtually identical system specs having completely different performance (one horrible, one great).

That is weird.

Maybe it has to do with the settings the game is on or with the drivers they are using? I do notice if you "force" AA and Anisotropic through the driver the game's performance goes down.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, I'm redownloading from D2D. If this doesn't work....I'll go buy a hard copy.

$100 for a working game. I hope it's good. :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'd think it would be possible to improve performance... of course I'm no programmer so I have no clue.

So until I'm corrected, that's my guess. :lol:

That is weird.

Maybe it has to do with the settings the game is on or with the drivers they are using?  I do notice if you "force" AA and Anisotropic through the driver the game's performance goes down.

Probably that, or they are forcing the application settings via nView or something. I am also thinking different XP service packs.

Ok....I got it to work.

What's sad, and completely ****ed up, is that I had to crack a game I actually bought. Thank god for people who can make .exe cracks, FFS.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Well, your first mistake was to buy a D2D download. Always go for the disc. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

How is everyone's FPS? I'm using a 512MB 6800XT and I don't seem to be getting any more than 30 FPS indoors, and 20-25/30 FPS outdoors. I've tried lowering the settings, but to no discernible effect. Any ideas on what other graphic options to disable to yield greatest FPS benefits?

manthing2.jpg

Well, your first mistake was to buy a D2D download.  Always go for the disc.  :)

People with the discs have been having similar problems with SecuROM. It's a pain in the ass of a program... :)

- Everlast

How is everyone's FPS?  I'm using a 512MB 6800XT and I don't seem to be getting any more than 30 FPS indoors, and 20-25/30 FPS outdoors.  I've tried lowering the settings, but to no discernible effect. Any ideas on what other graphic options to disable to yield greatest FPS benefits?

I've heard shadows and lighting are the hoggiest.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta