NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

Your point of whining?

btw, Isreal already has the game! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Also, it seems the DMC actually made the cut for the first path.

Weird that yet for soem reason they couldn't find the time to add this VERY IMPORTANT aspect of the game on the actual disc? Takes too much room, I guess.

*shrug*

edit: Seems to be some speculation that what I wrote above was/is baloney and the DMC actually mad eit on CD. At least according to the Vault. Gagholo!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, he did.

Jeeeee-zus Christ! Somebody hire a copy editor! Where did you get that, P?

I mean, some modder wrote that for his or her NWN module, right? No one was paid to write that, right?

Edit: added the incredulous questions

For the record, I got that image from the post above mine which, when it was first posted didn't show the correct image because of server issues. As you can see, Lare has fixed his post.

havent touched my post, the site where it's linked was probably down.

There was a placeholder image stating the server didn't support hotlinking or something. In fact, I got my image directly from the image link you posted.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

pidesco: LOL

I find it hilarious that all the bashing that Roshan has done on NWN2 that he's so excited about it. I hope he realizez that since this is an Obsidian baord praise for the game is likely going to be the vast majority. Most of us wouldn't be here if we didn't enjoy Obsidian's previous work whether it's KOTOR2 or the big wig's prior work at BIS/Interplay.

Ive never engaged in NWN2 bashing.

Will this game run on a laptop with 1.83 GHz and 1GB of RAM? Just curious. I have to go on a business trip this weekend and I wanted to play it on my laptop. I have no idea what kind of graphics card I'm using.

But the laptop itself is only about 3 months old or so. I didn't get it for gaming obviously, it's for work. I just don't want to wait to play this game. :(

Ive got a radeon 9800 256 mb card that can support the pixel shader thing. Unfortunately its on a laptop and my drivers are about a year old, and I cant update them. Does NWN2 require the latest drivers?

omegadrivers.net is your friend. They make it possible for laptop users to update to fairly recent ATI drivers. It's modded drivers, but I've never had any problems with them.

Ive got a radeon 9800 256 mb card that can support the pixel shader thing. Unfortunately its on a laptop and my drivers are about a year old, and I cant update them. Does NWN2 require the latest drivers?

omegadrivers.net is your friend. They make it possible for laptop users to update to fairly recent ATI drivers. It's modded drivers, but I've never had any problems with them.

I was recommended this recently and I gave it a shot (about 2 weeks ago).

I tried them but then I installed them Windows wouldnt run properly. For example, when I would right click on my desktop, it would take about 3 seconds for the menu to pop up.

I've seen some screenshots of the what i think is the final retail version of the game, and the graphic is good, though i can't say i particularly like the new style that has been adopted. However it's just one thing that really just puts me off and seems so...consolish - and that's the character's avatars. They are dreadful to be honest. I never expected not to see the old style Bioware - Black Isle AD&D avatars, art work-style, you know what i mean. It just so doesn't fit in with the atmosphere. I believe that those avatars were a very big part of the immersion factor, and that part is now gone. I still have high hopes for this game, mainly because you are my favourite game developer and i trust you people. I just had to say what i kept hoping would change during later stages of development and was dissapointed to find out that has not.

Thanks for making the game, BTW!

1 day left.

I really hope my computer is truly capable of running this game, because it would be terribly anticlimactic if I can't.

2.21 Ghz (rated at 3.5), 1.5 gigs of RAM, Geforce 6600 OC.

I'm curious and a little anxious, given the relative darkness we've been in regarding the story. Tomorrow is going to be a sloooooooooow day.

Edited by Pop

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Junai, I'm no hardware expert, but;

I have Athlon XP +2600, 1gb ram, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb... in other words, crap. :blink: I can still run Oblivion and Gothic 3 with medium settings, given the right .ini and setting tweaks. I expect it to be similar with NWN2, possibly a bit worse.

Usually the key is to turn the shadows/shaders and lighting/post-processing off or low. This might be difficult, though - isn't NWN2 100% dynamic lighting? If so, that itself might screw a lot of us minimals up.