Top Ten Scariest Games

mkreku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRVhwwh4278

Personally, I think number 9 on that list is the scariest game I've ever played.

And I can't believe Doom 3 ended up on the list at all! I mean, who was frightened by that game 15 minutes in?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Personally, I think number 9 on that list is the scariest game I've ever played.

And I can't believe Doom 3 ended up on the list at all! I mean, who was frightened by that game 15 minutes in?!

I have to agree. And I don't think Resident Evil was that scary. Is the remake scarier?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've played Silent Hill, and I'd say it's pretty scary, although a bit cheap in some of it's scares. And the ending level sucks.

Heja Sverige!!

That "Silent Hill" game didn't look too bad, nor did the "Fatal Frame" one. Never heard about the last one before. I haven't found a game since "Forbidden Forest", that could make me jump in my seat though (and that game is 22 years old) :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's not the actual endings, it's just the bit at the end where you roam around in the fair and go up against the last boss.

Heja Sverige!!

Agreed. With System Shock 2 being behind Doom 3, the list seems very flawed indeed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also, the footage they showed of System Shock 2 wasn't scary at all. Especially with the techno background music.

Heja Sverige!!

That's an eccentric list if ever I saw one.  Shock 2 is placed below Doom 3?  The Jaguar AvP gets in but AvP2 doesn't?  That game with the haunted village looks spooktastic though, anyone know what console that is?

Probably PS2.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My roommate at the time played PS1 RE back in the day 12 hours straight and that night he screamed when he bumped into a lamp pole in the hallway that night. His scream woke me up, I chuckled, and went back to sleep. :)"

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That's an eccentric list if ever I saw one.  Shock 2 is placed below Doom 3?  The Jaguar AvP gets in but AvP2 doesn't?  That game with the haunted village looks spooktastic though, anyone know what console that is?

The Fatal Frame series has been released on PS2 and Xbox. There are three games, and although they aren't direct sequels per se, they do have elements that carry from one to the next. The first and second games were released on PS2, then re-released on Xbox with graphical upgrades and various other tweaks. Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented has so far only been released on PS2. BTW, the series is known as Project Zero in Europe.

Fatal Frame 1 Trailer

Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented Trailer

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I've never played the original Silent Hill(they should make a remake out of it), but if we go with the whole "one game-one series"-thing, then the list is almost spot on. With the exception of Doom 3 being on the list and Undying being absent. Undying is still pretty freaking scary. And damned original.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Which reminds me, I have AvP 2 and Clive Barker's Undying lying on the shelf. Celtic action horror and dystopian scifi madness galore. post-15284-1134168228.gif

I've been hearing good things about Condemned, but i wasn't really hyped when I played FEAR and so am rather doubtful. Heh, Monolith is a great team and I usually trust their vision of quality(NOLF! Shogo!), but I might have to pass the game.

Shalebridge cradle should have been on that list, it has only one fault(the end of memories, when you go in yourself, the staff is easy to dispatch and not scary at all) and even that can be overlooked if you are one of the people who like relief at the end of scary levels.

As for SS2, I still haven't played it.

Edit: Thief:Dark Project, anyone? Pretty ****ing awesome game and absolutely horrifying undead levels.

Edit2: Hello, biggest ****ing scare of the decade, discounting the moment with the decapitated mannequin in Silent Hill 3:

04.jpg

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh Dark Project, an old dinosaur game. I bought it when it came out and played it on my P200Mhz and Voodoo2 computer. Totally awesome!

Oh and AvP2 is something I consider a classic. It's now 5 years old, but still playable. Go do it!

And Condemned...hmmm. FEAR is a very kinetic experience, with fights, horror vision, fights mixes etc....that can get a bit tedious at times. Condemned though is much slower in pace and offers way more eerie levels and enemies. I remember when I followed a psycho-cripple who crawled like a worm-man on the floor in some very tight cellar, so I was the hunter so to speak, still on the edges though. Especially when the lights have gone out, and that sucker startet to crawl from the ceiling towards you, and you have to get your silly flashlight working back again. And then BAM! in that short moment when your flashlight works again he stretches his claws at my face and I thought THAT'S THE END MUMMY, but then the full lights go on again and he just vanished into a hole. DAMN.

Anyway, I thought Condemned was so far the scariest experience for a very long time I had with a video game.

Edited by Morgoth

...I's played both the original Silent Hill an' the original Resident Evil an' I gotta say RE freaked me out waaaaaay more than SH did...although, that may 'ave had somethin' ta do wit' me peakin' on two hits o' Blue Mike whilst playin' RE fer the first time...aaahhhh, memories... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I've never played the original Silent Hill(they should make a remake out of it), but if we go with the whole "one game-one series"-thing, then the list is almost spot on. With the exception of Doom 3 being on the list and Undying being absent. Undying is still pretty freaking scary. And damned original.

When there's a list of the scariest games ever, Undying is of some reason almost always left out. Almost like the reviewers didn't play it themselves. A great game in its own right, it was :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy