How to listen to the WAVE files in Stream Voice

treylyn_baleur

MILES method

Find MILES sound studio (use google) and you can use this program to just listen to them...

WINAMP method

Requires a bit more work; but is better IMO (since WinAmp allows more than Miles player; like listening to a whole list instead one at a time).

The trick is to make the files *.mp3... then WinAmp will read them. COPY the files though and make the copies *.mp3... don't want to alter the originals!

Now how to make a *.wav *.mp3?

1. The manual way (slow)

Right click a file and then select "change name". Now rename the .wav to .mp3. IF a file does not have such an extension go to "Extra (maybe different in English Windows; some say Tools or so?)" and De-select the box before "Hide extensions for known file types"

2. The fast (yet bit more tricky) way

Go to the DOS-box (programprompt); should be somewhere in Start-Programs-Burea-Accessoires. Now enter CD C:\; and then CD *filenames path*:\ (for example CD C:\Kotor2\SoundFiles)

Then use the command Rename *.wav *.mp3

Done.

Edit; note to a mod; Move to kotor-section?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

MILES method

Find MILES sound studio (use google) and you can use this program to just listen to them...

WINAMP method

Requires a bit more work; but is better IMO (since WinAmp allows more than Miles player; like listening to a whole list instead one at a time).

The trick is to make the files *.mp3... then WinAmp will read them. COPY the files though and make the copies *.mp3... don't want to alter the originals!

Now how to make a *.wav *.mp3?

1. The manual way (slow)

Right click a file and then select "change name". Now rename the .wav to .mp3. IF a file does not have such an extension go to "Extra (maybe different in English Windows; some say Tools or so?)" and De-select the box before "Hide extensions for known file types"

2. The fast (yet bit more tricky) way

Go to the DOS-box (programprompt); should be somewhere in Start-Programs-Burea-Accessoires. Now enter CD C:\; and then CD *filenames path*:\ (for example CD C:\Kotor2\SoundFiles)

Then use the command Rename *.wav *.mp3

Done.

Edit; note to a mod; Move to kotor-section?

I am not familiar with KOTOR music, but isn't Winamp associated with *.wav files by default?

Anyway, if Winamp is not associated with a file extension in Windows Explorer, but the format is known, it is easier to just select all files and drag-and-drop to Winamp playlist.

You can select that during the install... but you don't have to.

And KOTORs *.wav's will only generate static when run in WinAmp... only when converted to *.mp3 will they be audiable.

Another way to make WinAmp run them is right-click; open with...; then select WinAmp and "always open with this program" :thumbsup:

And a small correction to above post... the "hide extensions" is inside Map-options of the Extra/Tools dropdown box...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

You can select that during the install... but you don't have to.

And KOTORs *.wav's will only generate static when run in WinAmp... only when converted to *.mp3 will they be audiable.

Another way to make WinAmp run them is right-click; open with...; then select WinAmp and "always open with this program"  :thumbsup:

And a small correction to above post... the "hide extensions" is inside Map-options of the Extra/Tools dropdown box...

So basically MP3's with a different extension.....

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Yes. But most players (*cough*WMP*cough) won't run these MP3's...

^