Fallout 3 Lead Designer info

aVENGER

Modders will design Fallout 3 dungeons!

Apply for a job now to work for the greatest game company to make awesome dungoens for the Excellent Fallout

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think we're being a bit unfair in the nitpicking variety. Why would a candidate need to necessarily have experience with Fallout and its sequel for designing levels?

Furthermore, why would an ISO level designer suddenly have influence in the story, while a Bethesda Fallout designer suddenly does not?

The game is going to be Fallout in name only anyway so why even bother? :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So why do you even post if you keep that attitude?

Nobody cares anymore, since you've made it abundantly clear where you stand. Numerous times.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Attitude? It is an almost fact. *edit*

Take a good look what type of game Fallout 1 and 2 is. Take a good solid look at what type of CRPGs Bethesda makes. They don't mesh. I don't see why everyone is getting excited for this game.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I don't see why everyone is getting excited for this game.

It's not hard to understand, really, though it may be hard to empathize with. The ones that do get excited probably either enjoy Bethesda's takes on CRPGs or find elements in their games that they would like to see applied to Fallout's framework. It's the same reason why some were excited at the prospect of Troika or Obsidian getting their hands on the license, and the same reason others didn't find that as appealing.

I know I don't particularly care for Bethesda's game design post-Daggerfall so I can't really say I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 though I can guess why others would be. My interest in the game at this point is only based on the voyeuristic pleasure of watching some circles eat themselves.

So, you are in it for the cannibalism? :p

I think we're being a bit unfair in the nitpicking variety.  Why would a candidate need to necessarily have experience with Fallout and its sequel for designing levels?

Furthermore, why would an ISO level designer suddenly have influence in the story, while a Bethesda Fallout designer suddenly does not?

Errr, previous experience of the Fallout theme and design is always a plus :mellow:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't see why everyone is getting excited for this game.

I wouldn't really say I am excited, but I loved Fallout and I love DF/MW/Oblivion (yes, there are some of us who can find love for both FO and Elder Scrolls!) so I think there's a lot to be said for combing the best aspects of each.

Of course, we may end up with the worse aspects of each, which is why I'm not excited. I'm interested in seeing what happens with it though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think we're being a bit unfair in the nitpicking variety.  Why would a candidate need to necessarily have experience with Fallout and its sequel for designing levels?

Indeed, I believe people are merely looking for something to criticise.

The position is for a level designer, not a level designer/writer, and I think that from Bethesda's point of view, someone with creative writing skills may come up with interesting and believable levels, whereas someone without writing skills may make cool but improbable levels. At least that make more sense than "Lololo Bethesda hates story!!27".

I'm not particularly interested though, not in a stupid Sandian way, though, the Fallout world just never appealede to me that much.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I don't even know if its necessarily that they will make "improbable" levels either.

I mean, they're going to have meetings and the designers are going to map out the setting, and ultimately the ideas that get tossed around are going to be discussed.

It's not like he's going to just grab the tools and start designing levels willy nilly.

It sucks that much? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Welcome.

You added absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Thanks.

You too.

Yes, not with that post.

I sorta considered not to repost what I posted on Oct 31. Since that was when this thread was kind of active last time. And when most of what you mentioned was discussed. Which is, if I may note, why no one except me is responding to your post.

Ugh, I thought nobody would go so low and use that obvious zing. Guess I was wrong.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I sorta considered not to repost what I posted on Oct 31.

This moved on to the new Lead Level Designer, not the Lead Designer, which you seem to have missed, probably causing your reaction and therefore the ZING! A simple misunderstanding. No biggie, now any more reactions?

We should stay in touch Sand, you have my support, even if I'm not taking this too seriously.

Fallout is dead... There is no hope for a real sequel to Fallout 1/2 being released.

Bethesdas Fallout 3 is going to suck - a lot.

Can I borrow your time machine?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: