Fallout 3 Lead Designer info

aVENGER

And I feel that if a game has enough content (or if the content is of a certain quality, but since I'm comparing to multiple playthroughs, length is what is mostly relevant here) then it can definitely be worth the money, even if it only brings a single playthrough.

Yes, the problem is that whether the game is geared for replayability or not defines what kind of gameplay will be found in that first playthrough and thus the whole experience. I am myself not big on replaying, as I am a pretty meticilous gamer and have a good memory. But, I enjoy potentially replayable games a lot more because they offer more satisfying quests, where the player's decisions or character build can have longreaching effects, offer robust support for several different playstyles, etc. I may never replay DEx 1 as a character focussed on explosives, the rocket launcher and melee, but it certainly heightened my enjoyment that the choice was there.

I am also an old TES fan (didn't yet get Obl though), because I like big free-style worlds with lots of clutter, but it always irritated me that char-building, quest design, adventure elements and dialogues were so inferior. And it is the "do everything with a single character" philosophy that makes them so, IMHO.

Anyway, I'd be deliriously happy if they pulled off DEx 1 or Bloodlines on a greater scale with F3 (heresy, I know), but I am very much afraid that they can't. They didn't hire any good writers that I heard of (and I really hoped that they would grab some Troika people :( ) and the notion of showing the player everything the first time through is far too pervasive - thus no real choices, no consequences, etc. The most one can hope for is that they will finally give a decent support to stealthy gameplay...

Then FO:BOS and FOt:BOS happened... <_<

FOT isn't in the same league as FO:BOS. haters.

Both games are Fallout in name only.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, but those RPG Codex people are loco on Fallout. :rolleyes:

There is a slim chance that Bethesda will make a Fallout 3 acceptable to me but I severely doubt that they will.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Regarding my personal grief because of the cancellation of Van Buren, now that wasn't much because of the game (serious snipping)

Van Buren was a real heart-break, all around.

How I feel about the subject is that after the cancellation of Van Buren the TB Fallout RPG won't happen again.

I don't really see Bethesda's Fallout 3 as a sequel to Fallout 1 and 2, and thus I don't really care if it's isometric or fps, turn-based or real-time. It's Bethesda's game set in the Fallout setting.

However, if they mess up on the Fallout "mythos" (i.e, the Fallout setting), that's another deal all-together.

I personally have no expactations whatsoever on Fallout 3. Perhaps all my excitement died with Van Buren and all the drama surrounding it, and after. All in all, I don't feel nuthin' about Bethesda's Fallout 3, except mild curiosity.

Now that I can agree with, totally. :o

At heart, I feel the same way you do. Except even with the "mythos", I have already written it off. The only reason I sorta went off earlier was because of everyone thinking it was a grand idea to butcher a great gaming system.

Van Buren was my last hope as well. Fallout is gone. Some indy title may capture the spirit one day (As Fallout captured the Wasteland spirit) but for now, its spinoff time.

Doesn't hurt to vent now and again though :huh:

Well, why the setting and mythos is important to me is because... well, imagine the games being based on Mad Max (hehe). You can make RPG's based on the Mad Max franchise, actions games... heck even Racing games. But it would sorta ruin the whole thing if a developer chose to include elves in it, or in the case of Mad Max as franchise, really high-tech stuff.

Although writing new stuff that fits the setting is great (and nescessary).

EDIT: Yeah, I really loved the game system in the Fallouts, it was that as much as anything that made Fallout 1 and 2 great... and growing an extra toe, getting a doctor to remove it then eating it. o_o

Edited by Noceur

Well, why the setting and mythos is important to me is because... well, imagine the games being based on Mad Max (hehe). You can make RPG's based on the Mad Max franchise, actions games... heck even Racing games. But it would sorta ruin the whole thing if a developer chose to include elves in it, or in the case of Mad Max as franchise, really high-tech stuff.

high-tech can be included, but it should be OLD high-tech, like powersuits or plasma guns, witch have already been included

IB1OsQq.png

high-tech can be included, but it should be OLD high-tech, like powersuits or plasma guns, witch have already been included

I was talking about games based off Mad Max, not Fallout. I could've used Star Wars as an example as well, but I couldn't really think of anything (except cars maybe) that wouldn't fit into the Star Wars settings :D

The only problem with Mad Max is that the movie industry would put contraints on the devs who were making it. Better if they made up a Mad Max type of their own and then do what they want with him.

The Fallout setting as far as I know goes something like this: Pulp 50's Post Nuclear setting in the US, based in an alternate reality where vacuum tubes, cassette tapes, and so on went forward, while the silocone chip was never invented. Thus CD's etc also never existed. Fallout 2 butchered this scene somewhat, but was still an enjoyable game, with some better mechanics.

• 4 weeks later...

I quited WOW (world of warcraft) a while ago and i try to find another game to play. I couldn't find any games that could spark my interest since WOW has raise my gameplay expectation to a new height.

Well, one night i pop in Fallout 2 and try to play an evil female character. To my surprise, i feel myself quickly sucked into the game world just like the first time i play the game. I got the game done in a week and had a blast.

After that i try Oblivion and... OMFG it's a total piece of crap. I try the game for a couple hours and find it boring, another couple hours and still same and the third time i actually fall asleep!

I think Bathesda needs to throw away whatever ideas/stuff they used to produce TES series to produce Fallout 3. It just won't work, they will pissed off Fallout fans and TES fans will not buy it.

Screw Morrow-out/Obli-out :(

Welcome.

You added absolutely nothing to the discussion.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Modders will design Fallout 3 dungeons!

Apply for a job now to work for the greatest game company to make awesome dungoens for the Excellent Fallout

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)