Whats the definition of Metrosexual?...

letsryde23

Ok, so i had an argument about the definition of Metrosexual, my argument was that a Metrosexual was a guy who, has good fashion sense (i.e color coordinates his wardrobe, has expensive clothes), gets manicures/pedicures, takes a long time to get ready cause every spike of hair has to be in the right place, listens to Justin Timberlake, bleaches the tips of his hair, has earrings, ect, ect , but you are 100% sure hes straight

My friend claims that a metrosexual is, well basically everything that i mentioned before, but is efeminate (ie. talks with a lisp, picks out a pomeranian when theres a perfectly good golden retriever next to it, snaps his fingers when expresing something) basically flamboyant. someone who you question his sexuality.

(note to any unfortunate readers, the one thing we as deployed soldiers DONT need, is time to think)

anyone care to comment?

You are right. He is wrong. If they're that flamboyant, they're homosexual, not metrosexual. Now tell him someone on the internet agrees with you and see how he reacts. Report back.

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Go with the power of internet on your wings!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ok, so i had an argument about the definition of Metrosexual, my argument was that a Metrosexual was a guy who, has good fashion sense (i.e color coordinates his wardrobe, has expensive clothes), gets manicures/pedicures, takes a long time to get ready cause every spike of hair has to be in the right place, listens to Justin Timberlake, bleaches the tips of his hair, has earrings, ect, ect , but you are 100% sure hes straight

Not so much. He isn't right either, but I'll pick on you for now. You can be Metrosexual and not get manicures/pedicures, take a long time to get ready, ect. In some cases, Metrosexual is a style of dress, and nothing more.

A heterosexual man of uncommon vanity and consumerist sentiment, who puts an atypical emphasis on personal grooming.

But Pop, you say, can't a heterosexual man exhibit a little fashion sense and discriminating taste and not be branded as a fem faux-man? Sure, I say, but one can do those things without necessarily laying it all on his designer sleeves. It's in the presentation. They're like streetwalkers and mennonites, they're walking billboards for their sensibilities. They look clean, they use product in their hair. They're usually without body hair, but if they can make a five-o-clock shadow work, they'll do it and they'll do it well.

The term in and of itself is somewhat like "emo", in that not everybody agrees in what it actually means, but, oh, you know one when you see one.

Edited by Pop

My friend claims that a metrosexual is, well basically everything that i mentioned before, but is efeminate (ie. talks with a lisp, picks out a pomeranian when theres a perfectly good golden retriever next to it, snaps his fingers when expresing something) basically flamboyant. someone who you question his sexuality.

(note to any unfortunate readers, the one thing we as deployed soldiers DONT need, is time to think)

anyone care to comment?

You're right except for the Timberlake bit.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've seen tons of 'straight' guys, if they really are that is, remember there's probably even more bisexual dudes out there than gay ones, act more femme than most gay guys

I'll say you're both part right, except they probably don't use that stupid lisp, which most gay guys doesn't either!

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

What do you think gays that are exceedingly gay in their mannerisms, Lucius?

You know, the ones that follow closely the gay stereotype.

Heja Sverige!!

You mean what I think about them?

Well, I hate that they fulfill that stereotype both in mannerism and career roles, since people know where to look and when they see a flamboyant dude they go "yep, thats how they are"

I can't help but pissed at how they let the stereotype community press them into being like that, and I personally feel a little uncomfortable (strange world isn't it) with them not to mention what a huge turnoff it is for me. :ermm:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You are correct.

I take you've been spending the past year captive in GhostofAnakin's private underground dungeon? Rule of Thumb: If a metrosexual wannabe offers you a pop sickle stick from his cellar, always refuse! Which begs the question - what's worse: His pop sickle stick or a wannabe metrosexual?

manthing2.jpg

You are right. He is wrong. If they're that flamboyant, they're homosexual, not metrosexual. Now tell him someone on the internet agrees with you and see how he reacts. Report back.

Now, I know a fair share of homosexuals, and they're not flamboyant at all. In fact, most are more introverted than anything.

That they're flamboyant is generally a more obvious sign that they're metrosexual. At least, the original metrosexual. The new metrosexual as "the guy who cares more about his appearance than anything else" is just a douchebag, but the original metrosexual is a guy who pretends to be gay so all the girls will go "oooh I wish he was straight" and go out with him when they find out he actually is.

It's sort of like growing beards. "I bet that guy would be so handsome without that beard" and then when they shave it off they're all like "Oh Em Gee Want Want Want" when without the beard they wouldn't have obsessed over him in the first place.

It's sort of like growing beards. "I bet that guy would be so handsome without that beard" and then when they shave it off they're all like "Oh Em Gee Want Want Want" when without the beard they wouldn't have obsessed over him in the first place.

The Secret is out! Damn you!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Kirottu you can't grow a beard, c'mon man... <_<

And Neutral, yeah thats what I meant. :ermm:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

So how many years of beard growing did that take you? :D

Heja Sverige!!