Firefox 2.0

kumquatq3

Now with spell check! more bloatware.

.......gar

Not that I mind such features, as long as it doesn't bloat up the program performance-wise - and as as long as I can shut them off. I get increasingly irritated, however, by companies seeming need to cram more and more "stuff" into their software, when all I want is the basics/minimum.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now with spell check! more bloatware.

.......gar

Not that I mind such features, as long as it doesn't bloat up the program performance-wise - and as as long as I can shut them off. I get increasingly irritated, however, by companies seeming need to cram more and more "stuff" into their software, when all I want is the basics/minimum.

If you have the hard drive space, it shouldn't be an issue. More goodies the better.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If you have the hard drive space, it shouldn't be an issue. More goodies the better.

That's is almost never a drive space issue, but rather memory usage and application stability issue.

However I seem to have no changes in performance whasoever (using Firefox 2.0 now).

Probably it has something to do with me having a Core 2 Duo processor with 2Gb of RAM. :ermm:"

Nice. It looks slicker.

The spell check is bad because now I get a red line everytime I type...everytime, apparently.

Dude - stop polluting my Firefox 2.0 with your ugly line lines.

Also, how do we get them to fix the red lines in our post entry box. Knowing we've made a typo is good and all, but I want it fixed, dammit!

manthing2.jpg

Right click the underlined word and it will offer suggestions.

Brilliant!

Faith in the world is restored again. Terrorism ends in vain. Kumquatq3 retires undefeated Chimp Heavyweight Champ and marries a dame. Women and children sing his name. England becomes the 51th state. Feargus and Hades finally lose weight.

manthing2.jpg

That's is almost never a drive space issue, but rather memory usage and application stability issue.

Yes, that's the main technical issue. It doesn't bother me on my pc either...it's a principle thing. I like seperation of function, that's all. If I want a spellchecker, I'll get spell checker. Both hubby and I are funny that way. :lol:

I used to love MSWord, until it became a giant bloated piece of ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

WHat kind of plugins and addons do you people use?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My Extensions:

Adblock

IE Tab

Answers

NoScript

TabBrowser Preferences

There are a bunch of others that look cool but are either incompatible with FF 2.0 or I know I wouldnt use them much - I've noticed that FF can slow down with loads of installed add-ons.

having said that FF 2.0 does load up quite a bit faster than than v1.5.

Edited by Surreptishus

Adblock

IE Tab

Answers

NoScript

TabBrowser Preferences

I have these (excellent) extensions,

plus

• McAfee SiteAdvisor - displays web-site safety rating based on automatic analysis and user reviews
  • BugmeNot - bypass compulsory web-site registration
  • Opera style All-in-One Sidebar
  • CustomizeGoogle - remove ads, add links to web archive, other search engines, anonymize cookies, make image search link to image directly, remove sponsored links
  • Google BrowserSync - synchronize bookmarks, cookies, and, optionally, history in different browser installations - at home, at work, etc. Not recommended for are privacy-paranoid

All extensions are compatible with Firefox 2.0

I use Adblock and that's it. I tried the Noscript, and it was pretty cool/useful, but decided adblock was all I really cared about. Plus that boopy noise noscript made by default every time it detected something was annoying. I remember switching it to a funny game-sound for a while. hehe

None.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: