Playstation 3 ads make no sense.

I still remember the ad "Welcome to the third place", with film noir camera angles and a talking duck.

Nothing new to see here folks, move along now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Okay, it seems they want to creep us out so badly that we by their machine. Um... NO!

:o

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I still remember the ad "Welcome to the third place", with film noir camera angles and a talking duck.

Nothing new to see here folks, move along now.

I AM THE WOLFMAN!

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Those are great commercials IMO. could be its because ads can be art just the same way as anything else. i really dug the second one. all chris cunningham fans should rejoice, maybe they'll go to the maestro himself next and give him enough funding to do the neuromancer project that was cancelled a few years back.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Cowardly swede. :lol:

Creeped me out a bit, but....ya sure as hell take notice of it, which is what ads are supposed to do.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, really, they are supposed to make you take notice of the product, and generate some interst in that product, and should at least showcase the capabilities of the product. These ads may get your attention, but they don't really so much else.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

you realize that the babies eyes are showing game footage right?

It was just like, flashes of images though, going really fast, and really small. You can't distiguish anything from them.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Ads that seem to have little to do with the products or services on offer are nothing new. in Australia at least, banks seem particularly bad in this regard.

I guess they just follow the philosophy of "if it gets noticed, it's done the job", and it did.

Well, I'm not saying it's new.

Ads that seem to have little to do with the products or services on offer are nothing new. in Australia at least, banks seem particularly bad in this regard.

I guess they just follow the philosophy of "if it gets noticed, it's done the job", and it did.

... Noticed and associated with something exciting / hip / cool / sweet / awesome ... ... though some marketing people might need a little assistance with their street-cred-o-meters.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Look!  Up in the sky!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's a... uh...

Is it coming to kill them?

It seems to me to be referring to Independance Day (or any other such movie with long "here come the alien ship" scenes). Invasion of the PS-3, I suppose?

Agree the other is a take on 2001.

Definitely creepy that 2nd one. Kinda cool artistically/technically, but creepy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It seems to me to be referring to Independance Day (or any other such movie with long "here come the alien ship" scenes). Invasion of the PS-3, I suppose?

Agree the other is a take on 2001.

Definitely creepy that 2nd one. Kinda cool artistically/technically, but creepy.

I'm fully well aware of where they get the inspiration from these ads. That's not the question.

The question is how these particular ads deliver anything that sells a PS3, other than mystique. They might make cents, but they don't make sense.

Edited by Shadowstrider

That second ad was creepy and awesome.

Step 1:

Creepy babies who suck their own tears into their eyes and laugh like old men.

Step 2:

???

Step 3:

Profit!

It's ingenius.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf