SNOW!!!!

taks

The last 3 or 4 years have been really mild in the Chicago area.  We get one big storm a winter nowadays.  Non-white-X-mas, motorcycles in December, etc.

st. louis, too. same here, actually.

Before that winters meant that the streets would look like trenches from all the snow pushed to the sides.

in '79, when i was 11 in the 6th grade, we were off for an entire week once because of a 27" snow storm. much more snow back then.

Global Warming, dumb luck, whatever, it's a nice change of pace.

nah, just the ever changing chaotic system known as "the climate."

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I blame the butterfly in the Sahara.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wouldn't want to go skiing.  Too many trees can just leap at you and kill you while enjoying yourself.

:lol:

Have ever even been skiing at all?

No, but I heard stories. Stories that would chill a man to his bones. Poor Sonny. If there was to be something that killed him it should have been Cher. But no, it was a vicious tree that leaped at him while he skied.

Oh, I thought you spoke about masturbation.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

:lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The latest...

From the article:

In Colorado Springs, conditions were worse on the northern side of the city, and on hills. Dozens of cars were reported stuck on hills on Austin Bluffs Parkway.

i coulda made a bundle pulling cars out today. i live a mile from austin bluffs. :)

taks

well, as predicted it is all melting. it's still like 4-wheel terrain on all the side streets (i actually had fun driving home last night, and to work this morning). i was just outside for a quick smoke wearing a t-shirt. it's only 40 F here. gotta love the altitude and dry weather (i.e., even when it's cold, it does not "feel" cold).

taks

Enjoy your increased exposure to solar radiation

i moved here from florida. for whatever reason, their sun is worse (oh, likely due to the fact that i'm 500 miles or so more north). either way, i almost always have a fairly solid tan on my face and arms. the rest of me is whiter than the snow that just fell, however! :o back in my surfing days, it was different...

taks

Enjoy your increased exposure to solar radiation

i moved here from florida. for whatever reason, their sun is worse (oh, likely due to the fact that i'm 500 miles or so more north). either way, i almost always have a fairly solid tan on my face and arms. the rest of me is whiter than the snow that just fell, however! ;) back in my surfing days, it was different...

taks

Gee, I know what that's like. ;)"

I really don't know which is worse.  The snow or a constant 3 to 4 day drizzle of rain.

Late Response:

Snow. I love the rain. It makes work less busy and the sound helps me sleep at night.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg