Mass Effect For PC?

Volourn

Yes, just like PC gamers get all pissed off when a 'PC game' is also for a console ala KOTOR.

Or, just wait. If DA or NWN2 are *ever* ported to a comnsole; just wtach the whining on these boards to commence.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You don't understand Gorgon. They are totally screwing the X-Box 360 fans by making this game playable by people without 360s.

I mean seriously Bioware, that's ridiculous.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Good news from where I'm sitting, assuming it turns out that there's any truth to the rumour at least. The PC's still my preferred gaming platform, so I'm glad there's a chance I might be able to enjoy ME there.

Here's hoping Bio doesn't just throw together a half-assed port for the PC version, though.

Yes, just like PC gamers get all pissed off when a 'PC game' is also for a console ala KOTOR.

Or, just wait. If DA or NWN2 are *ever* ported to a comnsole; just wtach the whining on these boards to commence.

i think it was more about having to limit the game so it'll run on xbox. check Thief 3 or DE:IW for reference. luckily bio pulled it off, KOTOR wasnt that bad.

"Yes, just like PC gamers get all pissed off when a 'PC game' is also for a console ala KOTOR.

Or, just wait. If DA or NWN2 are *ever* ported to a comnsole; just wtach the whining on these boards to commence."

No they are just pissed that it was produced with consoles in mind. Consoles are the dumb blonde of game platforms. The levels are smaller, the interface has to be navigatable with a gamepad, generally less complexity, and so on.

Now this is fine for Tekken and Wipeout and whatnot, but not so for CRPGs

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why the heck would a PC gamer be pissed at a console port of a PC only game? Or vice versa? Who the heck cares anyway? Of all the things in the world to be pissed about that has got to be near the bottom of the list. There are games you can play and some you can't. If porting NWN2 to console makes the brand name more succesful then I'm all for it. So long one version does not get "dumbed down" to accomedate the other. Oblivion anyone?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If ME is anything that JE was, i don't care which platform it will be released on, i will not buy it. I got screwed by buying the Limited Edition of JE already.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I see this as wonderful news. This allows me to continue on focusing on my PC gaming instead of worrying about getting my apartment cluttered with electronics that I might only use once or thrice. I never get why people get so hung up on games being on multiple platforms a whole bunch if it is done right.

The key thing is convert the game over to the platform in full, but tailor make the user interface to meet the needs of the platform that it is being placed on. That is one of the shortcomings of the KotOR series as well as in Oblivion. The UI mods for Oblivion really makes the game feel like a true PC game and I hope Jade Empire's UI is tailored made for the use of keyboard and mouse. If not, well I can always get a X Box 360 controller via USB port for my PC.

As for NWN 2 going console I say more power to them. It wouldn't effect me in the least and it would only mean more money, and greater resources, for Obsidian to create games that I will enjoy to play. This is a win win situation for gamers as a whole, regardless of platform.

Speaking of cross platforms, Oblivion is heading to the Playstation 3. Man, the X Boxers went through the roof over at the Bethesda boards. In the words of a... something...

R00FLES!

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You people are just rediculous sometimes.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

This is ridics.

Think of this, if NWN 2 was to go on the X Box 360 it would give Obsidian more of a incentive to start a premium module program in which allows the PC and consolers to download and use. Also They could set up protocols that will allow X Boxers to play online without paying subsciption fees to a MMORPG, on top of internet and Live charges. Lets think positive people! ;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Think of this, if NWN 2 was to go on the X Box 360 it would give Obsidian more of a incentive to start a premium module program in which allows the PC and consolers to download and use.  Also They could set up protocols that will allow X Boxers to play online without paying subsciption fees to a MMORPG, on top of internet and Live charges.  Lets think positive people!  ;)

Accept XBOXERS would be very non vocal gamers, so much for RP.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Mass Effect for PC!!

YESS!!!!!

OBEY THE PC.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Think of this, if NWN 2 was to go on the X Box 360 it would give Obsidian more of a incentive to start a premium module program in which allows the PC and consolers to download and use.  Also They could set up protocols that will allow X Boxers to play online without paying subsciption fees to a MMORPG, on top of internet and Live charges.  Lets think positive people!  ;)

Accept XBOXERS would be very non vocal gamers, so much for RP.

USB Keyboard. They do have them and I am sure the X Box 360 can use them.

it's all about supply and demand and, the truth is, there really aren't a lot of good studios that make occidental RPGs....MS desparately needs those that do and is really in no position to strongarm the studios....plus, the PC is also a MS platform.

what MS needs is to have their own in-house RPG studio and steal away some of the good talent out there. the 360 needs good RPG exclusives.

MS cannot depend on 3rd-party vendors to kill the PC as a viable gaming platform...they will have to do that themselves.