Get the NWN2 manual here

Llyranor

"Please join us in 3.5, Dark Raven."

3.5 wizards can CRUSH 3.5 clerics.

3.5 clerics can CRUSH 3.5 wizards.

There is no uber class. It's a myth passed on by those who don't know how to play D&D.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They are quite powerful in their own right, but more spells and domain choices would be great while at the same time not make them any more powerful.

Maybe if the domains had mutually exclusive properies (including other domains), such that a cleric might lose the ability to wear a particular type of armour, or use only one type of weapon, or suffer a penalty against a sphere of creatures (like extra-planars), etc.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That is not how Domains work. Domains are spheres of influence that the cleric's god holds. The cleric cannot have more than 2 domains even if his or her god has more than two domain influences. They are bonus spells and one special ability. That is it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Personally I think its retarded, but some people here enjoy PvP battles in tabletop RPG's just to pass time while we wait for everyone to gather. Now, those battles have shown:

A Cleric will always defeat an equal-level Wizard/Sorcerer if he can get close enough. The Cleric will get his attacks plus an additional AoO everytime the mage attempts to cast a spell, the mage wont be able to use area spells like fireball, and above all the mage will face an ever-increasing DC to his concentration skill. Not to mention that the cleric could grapple the mage which will prevent him from casting any spells at all.

But if the mage uses something like levitation to make himself unreachable, the enemy is toast.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, of course it comes down to tactics and smarts on the players part.

But by the numbers, Clerics outweigh Mages (which sucks since I hate clerics and favor mages)

If you start adding hypotheticals like "if she had or if he could cast" then things change since the tactics change.

A Cleric will always defeat an equal-level Wizard/Sorcerer if he can get close enough. The Cleric will get his attacks plus an additional AoO everytime the mage attempts to cast a spell,

stoneskin, greater stoneskin, ghostly visage and ethereal visage render just about _any_ attack useless.

the mage wont be able to use area spells like fireball,

he'll be able to use anything he's protected against. a mage that likes fireball and related will buff up for such things prior to battle. plus, there are many other spells that can virtually incapacitate any foe making such defenses unnecessary.

and above all the mage will face an ever-increasing DC to his concentration skill.

not if he's protected.

Not to mention that the cleric could grapple the mage which will prevent him from casting any spells at all.

that still requires an attack roll, right?

But if the mage uses something like levitation to make himself unreachable, the enemy is toast.

or just about any other spell that conceals him, or makes it hard for the cleric to hit him.

as someone noted, it is all about tactics.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You pay to download NWN2! Who'd be dumb enough to do that? ANYONE HERE!?!

Calm yourself down and tell me whats going on here! Else Ill have to put the leeches on you, understand??! Make sense damnit!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can buy NWN2 online with D2D. There's a link to the site to do so on the NWN boards. I won't repost said link here because it's IMMORAL, and I won't make it easier to commit such immorlaity for my fellow Obsidianites!

You can buy NWN2 online with D2D. There's a link to the site to do so on the NWN boards. I won't repost said link here because it's IMMORAL, and I won't make it easier to commit such immorlaity for my fellow Obsidianites!

Im all for direct downloads, except that Id never want to give up all the juicy goodies you get with the limited edition box :))

"Piracy!"

Piracy is not only dumb, and immoral; it should be punishable by DEATH like in the old days!!!!!!!!

Paying to download is only worthy of a shake of the head and pity. :)

Im all for direct downloads, except that Id never want to give up all the juicy goodies you get with the limited edition box :))

But for me, who has no limited edition (<_<) it seems pretty rosey. Music has already moved completely past physicality, why not do the same with games?

But for me, who has no limited edition (<_<)

quintessons.jpg

Why have you not ordered the Limited Edition?

Answer or we shall feed you to the sharkticons!

Especially when you are at 98% complete and get knocked off line. Opps!

Thats when you pres resume download, braniac. :)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

But for me, who has no limited edition (<_<)

quintessons.jpg

Why have you not ordered the Limited Edition?

Answer or we shall feed you to the sharkticons!

Because I didn't have the cash when they were being offered, and I wanted assurances that I could play the game ASAP.

Plus, I live in big, gay America.