Get the NWN2 manual here

Llyranor

The section regarding feats is completely useless as it doesnt actually give full info. I mean, it doesnt even mention that metamagic feats like "quicken spell" will cause the spell to take up a higher spell slot

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The section regarding feats is completely useless as it doesnt actually give full info. I mean, it doesnt even mention that metamagic feats like "quicken spell"  will cause the spell to take up a higher spell slot

This is mentioned elsewhere in the manual, I think in the description of feat-types.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

It is, but it should be in the damn section that lists the feats. I hope they dont disguise the crunch* ingame aswell. If you cant see all the ups and down of a feat, you might end up with a weakened character due to bad feat selection

*geek term for everything pertaining to exact numbers and rules

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Seeing as there are very few arcane spells that are actually useful, Im contemplating playing a sorceror for the NWN2 OC. Then I can just whore the good ones ad infinitum

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Seeing as there are very few arcane spells that are actually useful, Im contemplating playing a sorceror for the NWN2 OC. Then I can just whore the good ones ad infinitum

Sorcerer makes life easier in CRPGs.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The section regarding feats is completely useless as it doesnt actually give full info. I mean, it doesnt even mention that metamagic feats like "quicken spell"  will cause the spell to take up a higher spell slot

yeah it does, kinda. there's a tidbit in there that mentions it, though it does not provide much information about how many levels. i think the example was "maximize spell" which is, IIRC, 2 slots.

taks

i agree, kaftan, that there should be more details in some regards. it's nice that they highlight "differences between D&D," but for some reason, it seems games these days always leave out many details that some of us find important. we'll end up having to scour the web pages to find out each of the feats' intricacies, and more important to me, requirements for use (i.e. dependencies on other feats). since i don't play PnP D&D at all (any more), i don't know these off-hand and it makes it difficult to plan a character beyond about 6th or 7th level.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Can't you get the information from character creation eventually? The feat descriptions should be readable even if they are greyed out. Unless NWN 2 has it differently. And of course, for example, you can't read the Great Cleave information without having normal Cleave, since the button comes into the space taken by the Cleave feat previously.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

sure you can musopticon. but, as you mention, feats that are not available are not there yet, so figuring out what's required for a future feat is sometimes difficult.

oh, it is "mentioned" on page 12 (13th PDF page) that metamagic feats occupy slots higher than their normal location.

taks

Bearing in mind I dont know a damn thing about 3.5E, it seems the warlock is pretty gimped. They appear to get crap for "Invocations Known" (page 78) and the Invocations themselves seem pretty few (page 66-67).

In addition, the Warlock invocation descriptions dont explain much in the way of damage caused. For example, the Lesser Invocation Eldritch Chain states: Eldritch blast arcs to multiple targets. Well, thats super but it doesnt state how much damage or how many enemies.

Is there a "base" damage that all Eldritch based spells do and then these other Eldritch based spells add to it?

Not in a crpg.

If this was pnp, then sure, I'd agree with you. But as it is, buff and the highest possible damage spells are the only ones players are going to use extensively. Fireball, fireball, fireball? You bet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You are wrong. For one, I hardly ever use fireball in CRPGs.

There are TONS of sueful spells in the game.

Deal with that fact. Perhaps, certain people just lack the imagination to use spells properly and know which ones are the most useful.

TIP: Fireball is amongst the least useful 3rd level spell in NWN.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

well, if you play hardcore rules, fireball is deadly... to yourself. since enemies tend to engage directly, it is bad to use the mass-effect spells in general (at least, those that cause damage). slow becomes your friend, as well as mass haste on your own party. single bad guy target spells also become useful as well as the missle storms. my most used spell, btw, is and has always been, magic missle. simple first level spell...

taks

You are wrong. For one, I hardly ever use fireball in CRPGs.

There are TONS of sueful spells in the game.

Deal with that fact. Perhaps, certain people just lack the imagination to use spells properly and know which ones are the most useful.

TIP: Fireball is amongst the least useful 3rd level spell in NWN.

Game over.

You can twist it whatever way you want.

kirottu said:

Actually, Magical Volo is correct: just about any other mass-effect spell has a better damage roll (e.g. lightningbolt; okay, it's fourth level, but for a high level mage choosing between the two) ... what the smart mages are using this season (same as last season, too) is the spells that don't have a saving throw for half-damage, like meteor shower or ice storm. :(

But still, fireballs are somehow just more fun to use. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT