Get the NWN2 manual here

Llyranor

*spazzes*

Kinda disspaointed about the new spells. Outside of mirror image not too many of them I'd consider 'cool'.

And, Mass Ethrealness (ie. GS)? WOWSERS! Tad powerful..... But, cool.

Tower shields give +4 ac now....

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I shall reserve judgement till I have actually played the game, though the lack of exotic weapons is disturbing.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Introduction

Thank you for your purchase of Neverwinter Nights 2!

Almost ten years ago, I worked with Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk, and Trent Oster, all of BioWare, on creating the concept for the original Neverwinter Nights. It was exciting to envision a game that would be different from Baldur's Gate, which BioWare was working on at the time, and Planescape: Torment, which I and quite a few members from Obsidian were developing. What we really wanted to do was bring the playing and crafting of D&D adventures to the computer. In the end, BioWare did an amazing job with the original Neverwinter Nights as can be seen from the accolades and the long standing, and still thriving, community.

In early 2004, Obsidian received the exciting honor of creating Neverwinter Nights. We eagerly sat down to figure out what would make the best sequel to one of the most acclaimed RPGs. We realized the need to keep the sequel as true to the original product as possible, so we built upon the accomplishments of Neverwinter Nights to give you even more of what you love.

Through the development work done by Obsidian and the great support of Atari, Hasbro, and Wizards of the Coast, what you have in your hands is a game made in the spirit of the original Neverwinter and the beloved Dungeons & Dragons

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

what, no finnish version?

If we Swedes dont need localised games, neither do you.

(in the near future, publishers will drop localisation entirely as its too expensive)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

what, no finnish version?

If we Swedes dont need localised games, neither do you.

(in the near future, publishers will drop localisation entirely as its too expensive)

and pretty useless too. then again you always get a chuckle or two from the translation. how come fantasy speak sounds so nerdy and ridiculous in every other language than english?

Dicipline is in?

Monk run speed means monks can finally walk normally?

HP per level: 10 - Why not d10? Does that mean we don't get rolls?

Frenzy gives only +6 STR regardless of lvl? And it only gives 2 dmg/rd? On the other hand, barbarian rage only gives +4 STR/CON, and that has to be wrong so...

Inspire Frenzy sends all allies into Frenzy. Ouch...

Just a few oddities :)

"though the lack of exotic weapons is disturbing."

Click on the link before commenting. Please, and thank you. :)

I have. There are very little exotic weapons to choose from. Only the kama, bastard sword, dwarven waraxe, katana, and the shuriken are listed (page 74). In the first Neverwinter Nights there was a dozen or so exotic weapons like the double and dire weapons.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wow :) They really gimped the warlock :wacko:

No imbue? The class fails :wacko:

The class hardly fails, but I definitely agree that the +4 to UMD checks hardly makes up for the lack of imbue. Also solely lacking is the ability to trade feats for additional invocations, as well as spell-like ability metamagic feat equilavents. A few invocations were also gimped, like Wall of (less than) Perilous Flame.

Regardless, I still plan on playing a warlock, since it's the roleplaying decision I've made for my evil character, and I'm sticking to it.

Wow :) They really gimped the warlock :wacko:

No imbue? The class fails :wacko:

The class hardly fails, but I definitely agree that the +4 to UMD checks hardly makes up for the lack of imbue. Also solely lacking is the ability to trade feats for additional invocations, as well as spell-like ability metamagic feat equilavents. A few invocations were also gimped, like Wall of (less than) Perilous Flame.

Regardless, I still plan on playing a warlock, since it's the roleplaying decision I've made for my evil character, and I'm sticking to it.

Actually a couple have been enchanced.

Warlocks get Shapechange in NWN2 it seems :blink:

Depending on the shapes, that might make up for the lack of enchanting for me. :)

Actually a couple have been enchanced.

Warlocks get Shapechange in NWN2 it seems  :)

Depending on the shapes, that might make up for the lack of enchanting for me. :wacko:

Yeah, the way they've revamped Word of Changing looks to be tasty indeed.

Not sure if specific shape info would be considered a spoiler (seeing as the manual doesn't make it clear), but...

Cornugon for the win! The huge str/dex/con buffs this shape has will make for some interesting melee potential and one badass looking char :D

"I have. There are very little exotic weapons to choose from. Only the kama, bastard sword, dwarven waraxe, katana, and the shuriken are listed (page 74). In the first Neverwinter Nights there was a dozen or so exotic weapons like the double and dire weapons."

My mistake. I interpreted what you wrote about 'lack' as being equivelant to none as opposed to not as mucha s you hoped.

And, you bring up soemthing I missed. I didn't even realzie they took the double weapons out. Urgh! Those are rather :cool: !

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.