Space Empires 5

Guard Dog

SE5 is out. Has anyone tried it yet? I keep thinking a 4X game will come along and revive the genre like MOO2 did but I wonder if this is it. All of the forums complain about bugginess but do not get into details of the game mechanics. The Demo game crashes constantly. Anyone seen it, tried it, have any thoughts on it? Even heard of it?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

GalCiv 2 is fair at best. The campaign gameplay is well done but the interface leaves a lot to be desired. The lack tactical combat is a huge problem with that game.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

GalCiv 2 is fair at best. The campaign gameplay is well done but the interface leaves a lot to be desired. The lack tactical combat is a huge problem with that game.

I found myself loving GalCiv2 at times, and other times wanting to go back to GalCiv 1. Its still the best space strategy game out there right now though. The campaign is way to freaking hard though. I mean god damn, those dread lords love coming to my planets with 10 people and killing my army of 6 million.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

FYI all. Do NOT buy this game. It is a bug loaded NIGHTMARE. Crashes to desktop frequently, switches to windowed mode spontaneously, etc. And looking at their forums, I am far from the only one. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thomas Sowell

Looks better, runs worse. What does it tell you when a game gets patched 8 days after release. Wait a while for a few patches, or modders to fix this one. Plus the way it's going it might be in the bargin bin in no time.

Thomas Sowell