What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

ME is done on the Unreal Engine 3.0, and do we remember Feargus' wishes on making KotOR III? He wanted it to be done.....on the Unreal Engine 3.0

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As long as it has a faithful translation to the d20 System I don't really care what engine it uses.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I would rather them using the same engine as the other 2 games so they have the look and feel similar to each other but meybe they could remake KotOR 1 and 2 using the Unreal engine, then release all three in a trilogy pack. That would be cool.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

And didn't MCA say that post-apoc was out of the question?

What?? Why?! Where did he say that? :'(

Some interview concerning Fallout following Beth's acquisition of the rights to the IP. He said something to the effect of not wanting to "tread water" with his game ideas, by which he was implying that making any kind of spiritual successor to FO was something he was not willing to do.

True, but when someone sees post apocalyptic and any the well knowned Obsidian staff, such as Feargus, J.E., Chris, Darren, and what not they will immediately come to Fallout. You know what Obsidian should do. Take the NWN 2 engine and tools system, plug in d20 Modern and use the d20 Apocalypse source book and create a game that way for Atari to publish. That could be real fun.

Get it out around or soon after Fallout 3 and see which one sells better.

Edited by Sand

It doesn't have to be a sequel to Fallout to be a post-apoc RPG.

What MCA seemed to be getting at was pretty reasonable. Take the two Capote movies. They obviously aren't exactly the same, but since they share many of the same aspects, they are endlessly compared. Any post-apoc IP Obsidian creates will be compared over and over and over to Fallout, and unless they've got the hubris to believe they can top it (I don't think they're that reckless) they're going to shy away from it, because the new IP will be the Infamous to FO's Capote, which is to say, the lesser of the two, to too many people to make it stand up on its own merits out there on the market. It's inescapable.

Hope that analogy made some sense.

... Or someone could mod a hakpak (for the science instead of magic) and create their own mod ... :)

I would love to do that but I seriously lack the modeling skills to pull it off.

"No matter who makes it LucasArts will still be involved and the ARE the problem."

LOL Yeah, a 'problem' that hands developers a guaranteed multi million dollar hit. LOL The 'problem'. Without LA, there'd be no KOTOR or KOTOR2. LOL

"the difficulty with KOTOR 3, really, is that it will effectively go toe-to-toe with the Mass Effect trilogy."

It be no contest. KOTOR3 would CRUSH  ME in terms of sales. CRUSH.

LA is a problem because their post-release support is nil. They throw games over the fence and never mind whatever bugs they may have. The average number of patches on Atari games is 3. On LA it'a .97.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When they're 16 year old girls camping out outside cinemas with their goth clothes, goth makeup, goth hair, goth eyeshadow, goth nails and talk about how "OH MY GOD LIKE SO I HAD SOOO MUCH TO DRINK LAST NIGHT RIGHT HUH?"

Yeah.

I just want Kotor's storyline to be finished. Then I can finally leave SW behind.

After that IP

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I wholeheartedly agree.

*wants IWD 3*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If a KOTOR 3 comes out, then people will just want a KOTOR 4.

That's their problem.

I really doubt that finishing current storyline with Revan/Exile/True Sith etc. takes more than one game.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How come everyone's so damn anti-highschool? :devil: I think it would rule the earth (and sales)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "