What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

"there was speculation that LA did not allocate sufficient time for Obsidian, to complete the game as necessary. "

Sure, they did. It's HOW Obsidian used the time is what led to whatever problems KOTOR2 had. They signed the contract. If the contract length wans't acceptable to Obsidian they could havetold LA that it wasn't enough and stood by their guns. If they weren't up to the task they could have always refused.

But, noooo, can't do that... money to be had digging into the SW money tree. :D

LA helped Obsidian bring a 'game worthy of merit'.

P.S. In no way, shape, or form was KOTOR2 'more mature' than KOTOR1. Where is this mysterious 'extra maturity' found? Is it where the walking carpet wants to rape the little girl bounty hunter who had sex with her dad? Or is when Kreia is making up things and pasing them up as 'deep philosophy'?

L0LLERZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"there was speculation that LA did not allocate sufficient time for Obsidian, to complete the game as necessary. "

Sure, they did. It's HOW Obsidian used the time is what led to whatever problems KOTOR2 had. They signed the contract. If the contract length wans't acceptable to Obsidian they could havetold LA that it wasn't enough and stood by their guns. If they weren't up to the task they could have always refused.

P.S. In no way, shape, or form was KOTOR2 'more mature' than KOTOR1. Where is this mysterious 'extra maturity' found? Is it where the walking carpet wants to rape the little girl bounty hunter who had sex with her dad? Or is when Kreia is making up things and pasing them up as 'deep philosophy'?

L0LLERZ

Did I miss a conversation tree somewhere? :blink:

L0LLERZ

R00fles dude!

its all LAs fault and we all know it. silly lA forcing Obs to release K2.

bck on topic a vampy game ftw!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That's what NWN "patches" are, add-ons. Patches are suppose to fix problems not add new content.

It would be cool if they took a page from some recent MMORPGs and every major patch added like a new area to the OC, or some new quests, and stuff like that. And if the support for it goes on like with NWN1, after 4 years they could have added a few more hours of gameplay to the OC. That would rock.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I downloaded NWN patches and +100mb BG community mods with a 56k dialup. At first, without a download manager, so that half the time it would fail and I'd have to start again.

I'd never go back to it, but it wasn't quite so bad, really.

Ideally I'd suggest that 'gameplay fixes' only become separate from 'add-ons' (and god, NO tangential discussion on the definition of the word patch please?! :p), but practically, I'd have no qualms about simply pushing to have NWN / MMORPG-style patches in every game that could have it. It's a great way to provide longevity and freshness to games, and besides, most people do have high-speed internet now.

If you don't, that's like saying I want NWN to cater to a Celeron 133mhz audience. If you can't upgrade, then YOU deal with it. I did.

That's what NWN "patches" are, add-ons. Patches are suppose to fix problems not add new content.

It would be cool if they took a page from some recent MMORPGs and every major patch added like a new area to the OC, or some new quests, and stuff like that. And if the support for it goes on like with NWN1, after 4 years they could have added a few more hours of gameplay to the OC. That would rock.

That would rock. :p

If i really need an ungodly sized file i would Just go down to my former college and use their computer lab's T1/T2? line. a Benefit of being a graduate is being able to use their library and computer lab. Some day ill get cable since my area can get it.

back on topic, go go Obs and a vampy game.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Nuts to KOTOR 3. No matter who makes it LucasArts will still be involved and the ARE the problem. More than anything else I'd like to see them run with NWN2. NWN was the gift that kept on giving for 5 years now. With a few expansions, premium content and a little TLC, there is no reason NWN2 can't keep it going another 4 or 5.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Warhammer 40K RPG

::Sigh::

I wish.

Me too. The second I win humongous sum of money, I will pass it on to Relic. The lead designer has stated numerous times that if funds allowed, they'd like to make one.

I voted for new IP, but if PNJ is gonna be awesome enough to buy it to my friend's console, I can settle for a Vampire game. Though I doubt White Wolf wants another Bloodlines.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Money.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds