What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

100% behind KotOR III ofcourse, what about you?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Um, I voted KotOR3, not because I desperately want it, but because that is what I expect to be next.

Quite frankly I'd be interested in anything they develop. :)

Well, most of us are interested in whatever they will do next. This is about what they should do :(

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They have already stated that they are making an original console role playing game for Sega, did they not?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I voted new IP. But just because the option "Not KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!!!" isn't available.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They have already stated that they are making an original console role playing game for Sega, did they not?

Feargus has stated several times that he wants Obsidian to contiunously have 2-3 games to work on. At this moment, there's only one with SEGA.

1-2 left.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I voted new IP. But just because the option "Not KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!!!" isn't available.

Nu-uh! This is a poll on what they should do, not what they should't do :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'm a bit worried that with Lucas saying he is done with the francise the number crunchers will vote against KOTOR 3 and for yet another MMOG.

But it's really a no brainer that they will extend the sales of both NWN 2 and it's adons but going in that direction. Unless they farm it out of course.

What the hell is IP and PNJ.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Wasn't that put on halt until further notice, unless i am mistaken?

If not, 1 left.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What the hell is IP and PNJ.

IP = Intellectual Property

intellectual property

n noun Law intangible property that is the result of creativity, e.g. patents or copyrights.

PNJ = Project New Jersey, an Obsidian internal code name for their next project.

Wasn't that put on halt until further notice, unless i am mistaken?

If not, 1 left.

No, it's still ongoing ... just nothing to report and the forum dedicated to it looked more like a forum dedicated to spam ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

if by add-ons you mean patches, then I agree!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I voted Requiem. Honestly though, I'd be just as happy if Obsidian developed their own in house vampire centric IP. As long as it's gothically delicious, I'm sold.

Barring that, however, I'd rather see them work on a NWN2 expansion before starting in on an all new DnD based game. In fact, beyond extended NWN2 support / expansions, I'd rather they stay away from DnD altogether for a few games.

K3, becouse NWN2 add-ons will be made by the guys who already are proffessional since NWN1, and there is no need to make an expansion for it by Obsidian....well, maybe after 2-3 years, a BIG one, but not now.

Also Vampire isn't realistic, Troika worked on V2 before they 'died', I guess some nosferatu didn't like the spotlight. :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

Well aside from KotOR III, a Vampire game would be high on the list for me. NWN2 expansion or addons can be made by others.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'd like to seem them make something entirely new and not already franchised, or whatever - tho still a RPG.

Failing that...Kotor3. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

NWN2 Add-On and 'teh new IP'.

I think they should try something new at this point. Not another sequel. And after the Kotor2 disaster, please no Kotor3.

Heh, Kotor2 was not as you say a disaster. Back in 2004 on these same boards, there was speculation that LA did not allocate sufficient time for Obsidian, to complete the game as necessary. Despite the somewhat intractable conditions the game was developed in, they still brought us a game worthy of merit. Kotor2 was a much more mature game than its predecessor, even though you could tell in some places it was incomplete.

I would not mind a Kotor III, but I

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"