KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

None of you checked original website? That's from gallery of Obsidian Entertainment's artist under section "modelling, personal"

In other words that's only his personal job. It has no connection to Obsidian Entertainment or games.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

None of you checked original website? That's from gallery of Obsidian Entertainment's artist under section "modelling, personal"

In other words that's only his personal job. It has no connection to Obsidian Entertainment or games.

Those who didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I checked it, but I didn't scroll down enough in modelling section to see personal files. :p

Besides, meta was one damn bastard in that message :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

IIRC, Fearghus has spoken about a potential KotNR, but such a thing wouldn't be done until Lucasarts feel that the KotOR-series are done.

/me crosses fingers for KotOR III

I think the main appeal of KONR is that you can have cameos from the movies, because of the timeline.

JO and JA had plenty of movie cameos and, well, I don't think it was anything to write home about....VERY easy to depend on and overuse.

No, as long as K3 finds a way to use Ed Asner's voice (i.e. a Vrook force ghost), that will be all the cameo the next game needs.

Those who didn

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You guys are stupid. When you click on the picture it says "unannounced project" or w/e and it says its modeled after a ship from episode 3 of the star wars movies.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

New Republic? I think we have been fighting stormtroopers long enough and the Disciples of Ragnos, oh and cultists... and Tavion. Leave the New Republic Star Wars games to the Jedi Knight series.

right, the problem with NR time is that it is anticlimatic....basically fighting Imperial Remnant and the like....it is actually a great setting for a bounty hunter type but anticlimatic for Jedi.

plus, you've got plenty of uber good guys running around already: Luke, Kyle, etc.

you know, I think most people shutter when they think of the Vong invasion but I would actually like to see what someone like Obsidian could do with that.

but, really, KOTOR spans several thousand years and is probably the best setting for Jedi/Sith type stories.

Guest The Architect

It would be disappointing if KotOR III is not a follow up of TSL. I don

Edited by The Architect

^ I agree.

When TS storyarch is closed I don't care in which timeline next Kotor will take place, although I hope it takes place in between Kotor era and New Sith Wars era

but, really, KOTOR spans several thousand years and is probably the best setting for Jedi/Sith type stories.

Yeah, there isnt many things about the Sith in the movies, and KotOR is a good thing where there is 2 distinct sides, Sith and Republic, Darkside and Lightside and I reckon thats the best part of Star Wars, with darkforce users, instead of stormtrooper spamming.

In the time line you can do just about anything you want. Even the Empire did not desrtoy the Jedi. It just got the ones that said they where Jedi. Any that where realy good or turned and ran still lived on. Like the history of the Jedi Civil War, the jedi disapeared only to come out of the wood work later.

Just don't forget one thing, you can't use a "long, long" time after the Empire. Thats now.

I wanna' see KOTOR III in HD

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

At this point I don't even care as long as the freakin game comes out at a reasonable date.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I think many of us share that sentiment...unfortunately there's still no official word that one will even be made. There was an article interview bit someone posted a bit back, about how "they" aren't planning to ignore the franchise, but that doesn't neccesarily translate into "we're making a game any time soon." :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think many of us share that sentiment...unfortunately there's still no official word that one will even be made. There was an article interview bit someone posted a bit back, about how "they" aren't planning to ignore the franchise, but that doesn't neccesarily translate into "we're making a game any time soon." :(

I was really excited when I read that article back in mid November. At the time there had been zero official word about KotOR 3 and I was beginning to think that the game wouldn't be made.

But now that I have read the article I at least have hope. In fact I would be optimistic enough to say that there should be an announcement this year.[iMO]

The article was nowhere near an announcement but if they're - "not going to leave the KotOR franchise behind" - one would think that they would have to act soon.

We can only hope.

Here is a link to that article. http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=c...6&Itemid=32

Edited by Si Nomis

Closure due to length. Continue here.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester