KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

with a properly-planned trilogy, you have the same protagonist (and you may only level about 4 times during the course of one game).

That would seriously suck. <_<

Either games are very short or very easy and boring

ok, perhaps a better example of what I am talking about (since we really don't know Mass Effect yet) is how you could only achieve up to Level 7 in Baldur's Gate 1 and yet that is considered one of the most satisfying and challenging cRPGs to date. And, because you could not become an uber-munchkin in BG1, BG2 allowed you to import your BG1 character. That is the kind of thing I'm talking about...except that the games would be really tight storywise.

ideally, the games thus far who have had more controlled leveling and we could realistically be looking forward to playing as Revan in K3.

Are you even sure they are making kotor 3 because i mean I'm losing hope in life right now because its been too long. :)

I wish they could atleast just announce it so we could speculate the hell out of it even more.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Maybe add in some Politics to Kotor III. Not half-done politics, but real, honest to god politics.

Kotor III starts as a new character, yep. You star as either a Republic, or Sith representative, with Jedi/ Sith powers or not, *It's your choice* and it goes from there.

Just my little ideas, as they are.

I was thinking about having the new PC be a Republic Senator who comes into possession of T3 (and *maybe* the Ebon Hawk too) (HK-47 would be on that Republic cruiser on his way to Mustafar where he will lay dormant for 3900+ years), and eventually T3 starts to bring the Senator into the larger picture by informing him of the details between Revan, the Exile, the True Sith, and the Unknown Regions. I have a feeling that Republic information on that subject is about as much as you and I have on the War on Terror...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

rofl they could make it like turn based heated arguments and you could have like a special move where you accuse the person of being like hitler but it would be like darth nihilist or something. And you'd travel around the universe solving murder mysteries and who stole the apple pie from the window sill and if worse comes to worse you'd stab people in the eyes with a pen and give them paper cuts on the wrists.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I have an idea, lets say we just wait it out and stop talking about it and maybe it will happen once we all shut up :p oh and mass effect is going to be awsome, the 10 min preview and behind the scene thing was sick.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I know seriously. I was so amped after I saw that long preview. If they modeled kotor after that I could totally dig that. I mean they are both similar rpgs and you can tell your allies exactly what to do and its really tactical and stuff. Thats what I was saying before, I mean kotor 3 has so much more potential with all these new systems coming out theres just no excuse to just update the hell out of it until its brilliant. And I mean they have a while until they actually develop it so I mean they can review all these crazy innovative games that are coming out, see what worked and what didn't then make the best game possible.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?f...2211#usermovies

Click on the Mass effect x06 Demo Footage HD

Sorry, but they don't actually allow you to link to the exact movie.

Also check out this bad boy :p

Bioshock

http://www.gametrailers.com/search.php?s=b...str_type=movies

Bioshock developer walk through HD

with a properly-planned trilogy, you have the same protagonist (and you may only level about 4 times during the course of one game).

That would seriously suck. <_<

Either games are very short or very easy and boring

ok, perhaps a better example of what I am talking about (since we really don't know Mass Effect yet) is how you could only achieve up to Level 7 in Baldur's Gate 1 and yet that is considered one of the most satisfying and challenging cRPGs to date. And, because you could not become an uber-munchkin in BG1, BG2 allowed you to import your BG1 character. That is the kind of thing I'm talking about...except that the games would be really tight storywise.

ideally, the games thus far who have had more controlled leveling and we could realistically be looking forward to playing as Revan in K3.

If KIII will be everything like BG1 I'll puke. :x

Poor dialogue, terrible roleplay, hack'n'slash, sloooooooooooow moving, hack'n'slash etc.

Gah! BG2 is true classic, but it's so much better in every possible way.

Only good thing in BG1 was the fact it introduced IE engine :)

I really hope Kotor ends in Kotor III

Others Kotors should use different setting/timeline/central story characters. They would be SW RPG's using famous Kotor title to increase their sell numbers :)

Good game series are ruined when continued eternally. Minus the expection of Final Fantasys, but they have little to do with each other unlike kotors.

And playign as Revan? Sweet god, I say no once again.

The balance problems become huge when getting into very high-level characters.

You saw that in K2. Problem didn't exist in 20-lvl K1

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

K3 will be light years ahead of its predecessors in terms of engine, graphics, gameplay, etc (and who knows if it will even use d20?) but it needs to retain the overall feel and storyline of the first 2 games.

After that, I agree, they could do anything. If you think about it, there is something to be said for these games being independently-contained crime solvers. That is, ultimately, what the Jedi are: a Federal police.

No need for an epic trilogy each time. K3, however, needs to stay the course with the present story.

Of course they need engine etc.

However game mechanics will be quite same, since Kotor use D20 :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Indeed, they could implement D20 even further :)

*shrug*

I'm not that familiar with D20 SW

*shrug*

IMO, they need to find a way to let lightsabers be lightsabers (i.e. one hit and you are out of commission) and still provide weights for the PC (and to allow duels to go on for more than 10 seconds). I just don't think d20 is the best candidate for that.

*shrug*

IMO, they need to find a way to let lightsabers be lightsabers (i.e. one hit and you are out of commission) and still provide weights for the PC (and to allow duels to go on for more than 10 seconds). I just don't think d20 is the best candidate for that.

The fact you can kill lightsaber wielding sith lords with fists and the fact it may take many strikes with lightsaber to kill proves Kotor to be RPG ;)

I just watched the Mass Effect in-game footage for the first time and, let me just say, that is awesome.

I think it reasonable to assume that, if Obsidian gets the nod to develop K3, they will be using that engine under license (they certainly can't come out with a space console RPG that is inferior to that).

While they could port that engine to d20 (I suppose), it is not a d20 engine.

Anyway, I don't think they will have any legal troubles leaving d20 since WOTC has replaced SW d20 in favor of SW Miniatures. That means (I think) that LA is not contractuarly bound to use d20 in SW RPGs.

I was interested in Me few months ago.

Now it's just meh. Clinic graphics, boring looking combat, bad dialogue and voice acters etc.

Each addition to the game, i.e. KOTOR 1 and 2, looks to be headed in the direction of increasing the range of what you can do. I don't know if K3 will let you go all over the planet but I sure you will get to walk around in a much bigger world.

That K3 is going to take longer to come out is a drag :) but look at WHY! They are spending the time to give each game the time it needs to get up tp being good. :)

This means K3 will not be rushed! :joy: And it means it will not show up with the same engene K1 and K2 had. :D I don't know about the whole D20 thing. And I am sure that it will not be the Mass Effect engene, that after all is a first person shooter.