KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I think some one needs to good look at some simple color, and photo tut's for photoshop, and no i hope they never make a 3rd one unless bioware does it, and it's on the 360 and looks half as amazing as mass effect and or fable 2

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Yeah I agree with letting bioware do it. I really just can't trust obsidian after what they did with kotor 2. I mean all the work was alrady done for them and they still screwed it up. All they had to do was reskin characters, new story, new weapons, skills, force moves, and in the end it was buggy as hell and the quality wasn't as good as kotor 1. I know this is a kotor suggestions page but I gotta say mass effect looks absolutely amazing along with bio shock.

But anyways yeah i think if they decide to make a kotor 3 they need to really take a look at things. Borrow elements from mass effect like real time chat and stuff, having complete control and customization of your characters weapons, look, armor and having real time fighting. I also think that they could learn a thing or two from some other next gen games. Like bioshock. Instead of just cleaning house and murdering people left and right we should be able to maybe convince npc's to do our dirty work or some how somewhat limit us to not walking in a room 3 against like 10 people and just easily destroying them. A certain aspect of strategy, planning, and skill needs to be inherent in the game while also making it friendly to nubs and keeping a strong story with plenty of side quests and open ended cities.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

All they had to do was reskin characters, new story, new weapons, skills, force moves, and in the end it was buggy as hell and the quality wasn't as good as kotor 1.  I know this is a kotor suggestions page but I gotta say mass effect looks absolutely amazing along with bio shock. 

Yeah. All they had to do.

It wasn't Obz fault that last couple hours of the game sucked.

LucasArts is to blame. Obz had made a perfectly fine game, with a complete ending and everything. During the final months of development, LA decided they wanted the game released for the holiday season. Well, long story short, Obz had to cut a whole bunch of stuff out of their game.

Maybe even too fantastic, too powerfull for our own good :shifty:

so true so true.

designing your gun and lighsaber would be nice instead it look like a plain old stick. It would really be cool to cause k3 is going to hopefully be on the 360 and seeing the nice indention and art on the items and ect is going to be great.

Edited by Masta Revan

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

My Ideas:

1. Start as Soldier, Scout, Scoundrel, or BOUNTY HUNTER.

--Class that was going to be in K2 but never made it

2. More "open ended"areas, where there is always something to do

3. Continue on after ending, eradicating remaining enemies etc.

Those are my ideas thus far

And just incase u didnt know, IGN predicted K3 as a 2007 release here:

IGN: Predicts 2006, Pt. 1

What is with all the you 360 lovers? PC has a track record of being behind the consoles graphicly -when they first come out- but doesn't stay there. There is a reason that PC games don't die. Its that the PC is where the new stuff is at not to mention that you can do a #@$%load more with one.

Come the release of Vista and DirectX 10 the PC will own the consoles in 1 year (start of 2008).

Don't get me wrong, I play the consoles too. But the 360 is problematic. Even Mircosoft said it will need an early replacment (2009). I would like to see it (K3) on the PS3 too but plz not the Wii, I beg you (about the Wii part)!

PS. Keep in mind that when I say the above I am thinking with the idea that K3 will be out by about late 2009 or later.... ;)

I highly doubt they'll release it for ps3. I mean obsidian is out there for the profit so they are going to sell it on the medium that will give them the most profit. SInce more people have 360's and pc's thats just the natural choice. But I agree, I can really see pc gaming going to bloom in the next coming years and farther. Plenty of really good looking games are coming out 2007. I think it's pretty intresting but i mean eventually I think there will be no such thing as console gaming since consoles are starting to become just mini computers stocked with good graphics cards.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

KOTOR III idea. This is a very rough brainstorm that I've come up with and included bits borrowed from numerous postings. Feel free to add, subtract, rip apart, or flesh out further.

If something similar has already been posted, I apologize....I just looked through this thread only! Don't have time to go thru them all right now.

PART I:

The starting point depends on how much time has passed between k2 and k3. I would prefer less than 5 years.

The opening allows you to assign the face/gender of revan, exile, and your new character. The choices can include new faces, but have all the old choices featured on kotor 1 and 2.

Starting as a new character who awakens at a republic barrracks that is on a world near the outer rim would be cool. The soldier does not have memory loss (I think we've had enough of that over k1 and k2) and must pick up some weapons from his footlocker and fight his way out of the base.

The attackers are a mix of sith soldiers and other creatures...creatures we haven't seen to this point. The character fights his way to a communications bunker and is told that the planet must be abandoned...the attacking sith are just a skirmish line...the real invasion is about to start.

The player then looks up to the sky and sees a massive fleet of sith ships moving into position. Fighting this is impossible. He is directed towards a small ship and escapes with one other soldier...the opposite sex of the pc.

The escape ship encounters some resistance, and the player takes the gun turrets. While shooting at the bad guys, the sith attackers manage to damage the hyperdrive and communications; so the ship, after repulsing attackers, must land on a nearby outer rim world.

Here the story begins to unfold. After finding a place to land. The soldiers must explore and battle natives and beasts to get needed equipment to fix the hyperdrive and communications. While working through this and many side quests, the 2 characters encounter an old Jedi (perhaps Bindo) and learn of the story of Revan, Bastilla, and some more jedi/sith history. This will serve to fill in the gaps of the time between k1 and k2 as well as k2 and k3.

Once this planet has been finished, the players, with new jedi friend in tow, will be able to repair the ship and the communications. Once this is done, they will learn that the republic is being invaded...on many fronts. On the newscast, none other than Admiral Carth O'Nasi is commenting about the latest developments. You also receive a strange, coded message that seems broken up and non-sensical.

The old jedi will begin to speculate about the possibility of the true sith being behind the attack...and, notice that the pc is a force sensitive. the jedi will talk about meeting up with othr jedi, finding revan and exile, etc.

He eventually offers to train you for jedi padawan status, on the grounds that the jedi are going to need all the help they can get. You accept, on the condition that first you must head to wherever Carth is to get more information about the location of revan and the new jedi council. The old jedi wants to meet up with them both to help your training and eventually to battle the true sith.

Carth's location is the next planet stop. You have side missions here and then get to talk to carth. Carth fills in more details about the missing time, where he believe revan to be (based on intelligence reports), etc.

Further, he asks if you received any strange transmissions while on the opening planet. You say that you did. He then reveals that he received a similar broadcast...that appears to join in with your fragment to form a piece of a map...a map to where revan is located, perhaps?

He then reveals that the "jedi council" is scattered on 4 different worlds, and that the fifth world is a mandalorian encampment with canderous ordo as mandalore.

Carth speculates that each world/jedi received a communique that has another "map" piece on it, and speculates further that it's revan telling everyone where to meet him. Seeing as how he has a war to run, carth instructs your crew to go to each of the planets, look for the main character there, and get the pieces of the mysterious message. Once you have this, you are to report the location to him, and he will meet you there.

Planet 1) Bastilla

Planet 2) Mira

Planet 3) Canderous

Planet 4) Atton

Planet 5) Visas

You can do these in any order...except perhaps Bastilla must be first. Throughout you will be taught the force and jedi techniques from the above 4 jedi as well as jolee....with opportunities to go dark side or light side along the way. The worlds are full of surprises, as well as cahracters from the first two kotor.

After going through all the worlds, you have all of the above in your group. You also have a map to a planet not listed on republic charts, beyond the outer rim. You inform carth where you're going, and the ebon hawk blasts off to take you there.

Second Half of KOTOR III

PART II:

The ebon hawk flies to a strange planet that looks more like an asteroid. It is a weird, barren surface filled with sith soldiers, the creatures from the opening attack, etc. You must fight through them to get to the temple/base. The base/temple is filled with runes and other strange symbols.

The PC, BAstilla, and another character of player's choice make the attack. Bastilla is required to come along, she reasons that if revan is here, she wants to be the first to help him...and to see him.

The group of three encounters a base that is heavily armed...they fight their way through to discover the exile held prisoner by a powerful sith of some sort. This sith boss will delight at having fooled the jedi masters, the exile, and bastilla into thinking revan was here. He will then claim to have killed revan.

Bastilla will grow angry and deny it, saying she feels revan is still alive. THe sith boss will laugh and use his powerful mastery of the force to begin defeating the good guys.

As the battle takes a turn for the worse, an explosion is heard off in the distance. It's a jedi in full robe and mask, accompanied by hk-47. After laying waste to the minions who have been attacking pc, bastilla, etc., the character takes off his mask and reveals himself to be revan!

The sith boss flees deeper into the temple.

The next scene is one in which Revan and Bastilla reunite. Yes, they kiss and exchange the requisite "I missed you" stuff. They then attempt to get their minds together, and revan fills in the details about what's happening.

After getting this backstory, you learn that this is one of two known "true sith" bosses. This one is the weakest. You free exile, and then pursue.

Revan defeats this sith boss, and gets a hologram off his dead body that leads to another sith planet. Your party goes back to the ebon hawk to find carth, some republic soldeirs, as well as ordo's mandalorians waiting outside for the 411.

You fill them in, telling them that this move could give the republic peace for scores of years. After all the catching up, you board the ship for what should be a long journey across unknown space.

It's during this time that Revan and Bastilla fully discuss what they want from one another. There are dialog options that lead to them getting back together for good after this battle, etc. The cutscene ends with them visibly kissing once again and saying the "I love you" bits again.

The character is also free to talk to other characters and catch up further. The exile and jedi from other planets as well as ordo should be included in this. "I missed you" etc.

After a long journey, and some space battles, the crew discovers an orbital base surrounding a planet. To get on the planet, you have to shut down a planet shield that operates on the base.

Once this is done, the ebon hawk, plus republic/mandalorian crews land on the new planet.

THis one is even more strange than the previous. Full of strange creatures, sith soldiers, actual "sith" creatures (the red humanoids that the sith bred with), and other bizarre things.

There are several intense battle scenes. You play as Revan again as you, Exile, BAstilla, and PC attack the true sith boss and attempt to destroy him. As you chase him down, he locks himself inside a vault and passes his knowledge on to an apprentice. Here, many secrets are revealed, including the beginning of the mandalorian wars, the power behind the sith on korriban (as hinted by ajunta pall) etc. The apprecentice scurries off with holograms, and instructions to carry on the "great work" of creating a true sith empire some day.

This last sith boss then opens the vault, and allows revan, bastilla and exile to enter.

There is some dialogue that leads to a battle. This battle features the sith lord drawing upon the spirits of the dead sith to attack the jedi....much like malak drawing upon the force powers of the maimed jedi in k1.

Eventually the spirits paralyze the exile and bastilla. The sith lord taunts revan, threatens to kill bastilla, etc. The two battle it out and eventually Revan kills him.

This leads to extended celebration scenes of republic troops celebrating, of mandalorians doing the same. Revan and his crew share some dialog...mostly congratulatory. Ordo tells his boys they fought well, etc.

Cut to the sith apprentice escaping the scene, heading towards the dagobah system to rebuild and begin long terms plans for the sith empire to re-establish itself in republic space...to rot the republic from within. This guy is simply biding time for someone to learn of the sith knowledge and begin again...

We cut back to the celebration with one more dialog...with options for exile, carth, etc. Revan wishes them to re-form the jedi council on differing planets...and then tells bastilla they can finally get together. last shot: revan and bastilla kiss as celebratory fireworks go off in background. Que star wars music.

Interesting, but the basic plot has a major hole in it, namely that depending on how you played KOTOR 1&2 some of the characters you have would be dead if you played (Or picked) Revan as Darkside for example, as would some of the chars if the Exile is picked as darkside-And going with the cannon lighside paths for both would raise howls of protest from...well more or less everyone.

I'd also point out that the reason(s) you have for traveling around are a mix of the first two games, maybe a little too much. Of course, in fairness there are only a limited number of ways/reasons you'd be traveling around that much. The only other reason I can think of is that someone is after you and each planet is an (Unsuccessful) attempt to get away....which it could be argued is a little like KOTOR 2 as well in some areas.

Yeah way too biased towards light side even though thats my fav but it needs to be balanced for both sides. As for a story it's way to similar to both kotor 1 and 2. I don't want another cop out like o noes teh hyper drive got fked again! Not to mention at one point you'd have like 3 - 4 most powerful jedi in the entire universe and that doesn't really make sense using any other characters besides them. Also there kind of is no reason to go to these side worlds and its kind of just like kotor 1 star maps. I'd rather go to different planets for a really good reason like the sith are just murdering the republic and you have to win back the last outpost and push them back to keep their hold on the planet.

Guest The Architect

The problem with just about every half assed KotOR III story I've read is that they only accommodate those who favour a LS Revan and a LS Exile, and in some cases, favour just the canon LSM Revan and LSF Exile. It

Edited by The Architect

I would like to see more romance in these games. :- And also, I would like a bunch of different planets to go to, instead of having different branches of the same planet to go to. Planets I would like to see are Coruscant, Mon Calamar, Ithor, Duro, Alderran, Bothuwi(sp?), Ryloth, and Chandrila.

I also would like to see a different ship other than the Ebon Hawk. I would like to either have some old characters as party members, or would like them to make cameos. (Particularly Atton or Mira, b/c they were cool) I would like to see more faces to choose from when creating a character. And I would like to have multiple bosses like in KOTOR 2, with the Sith lords. And I would like more backstory for the companions, and I would like to see more human/alien companions than droids. Truthfully, I rarely even used the droids. Except for T3-M4. He's a pretty handy little droid. Especially on GOTO's Yacht. :ermm:

I also think it would be interesting if the main character were a regular person unaware of their force powers, not one who was already a Jedi like Revan.

Or the main character would already be a dark Jedi, and they could either turn to the light side or stay dark side.

Or the main character could be a criminal, and the Jedi would have to break them out b/c they are key to saving the republic.

Anyway, these are just some of my ideas. :)

A KotOR3 story cant really be written by a fan, its really hard because its in favour of what that person who wrote it wants, and most stories are incredibly biast, or they have a lot of elements of K1 or 2 in it. K3 should be a completely original thing and have nothing in it like the previous KotOR's did. As Architech has basically said, he has good K3 stories, compared to some of them out there, I just hope it comes out, leave the devs to it and please, for god sakes dont be cut sigh.

Guest The Architect
I agree.  But still, the storyline should still follow canon.

No it shouldn't. Give me one good reason why it should. Canon is irrelevant when it comes to the video games. The genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile (if they are needed to be known) should be decided by the player, end of story. Isn't it obvious why it should be that way, or do I have to explain it to some people? :shifty:

A KotOR3 story cant really be written by a fan, its really hard because its in favour of what that person who wrote it wants, and most stories are incredibly biast, or they have a lot of elements of K1 or 2 in it. K3 should be a completely original thing and have nothing in it like the previous KotOR's did. As Architech has basically said, he has good K3 stories, compared to some of them out there, I just hope it comes out, leave the devs to it and please, for god sakes dont be cut sigh.

Checkmate. :thumbsup:

Still, as I

I agree.  But still, the storyline should still follow canon.

No it shouldn't. Give me one good reason why it should. Canon is irrelevant when it comes to the video games. The genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile (if they are needed to be known) should be decided by the player, end of story. Isn't it obvious why it should be that way, or do I have to explain it to some people? :thumbsup:

Plus star wars canon is superlame

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

well, I don't want KOTOR 3 to "cut and run"....the True Sith thing is just too much of a canon issue not to be resolved. KOTOR 3 has to resolve what Revan was chasing after (whether Revan is personally involved or not).

I see no problem with a flexible Revan in K3, at least based on alignment because, even if Revan is DS, he did what he did for the good of the Republic. Revan is either hero or anithero, not an outright villain. Exile is more problematic because DS Exile is a villain who has some uber-powerful anamoly attached to her that is much more of a threat than the True Sith or anything else....simply put, DS Exile is not viable to make an appearance in K3.

Still, they could ask the PC about Revan and the Exile's alignments. Revan appears either way. If you say that Exile was LS, she plays an important part of the war effort (possibly taking Vrook's place as the head of the Dantooine council). If you say Exile was DS, then you find out in conversation that she was killed by the True Sith as they saw her as a threat and understood the anamoly did not fit into their plan.

I would like something like that as opposed to outright hard-coding of alignments.