KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Certainly sounds like they're saying Kotor isn't in the graveyard forever. Who knows if that'll actually turn into a game...But it's a nice article for us who hope for one, thanks for sharing!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect
Ive just seen the most positive news for KotOR 3 Yet. !!  :joy:

A member over at Lucasarts.com has posted a link to this -

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...gn_id=rss_daily 

If this news item is accurate and true then it would seem that KotOR 3 will happen maybe somtime in 2008

Just as I thought. I've heard somewhere before that LA said they see the KotOR franchise as a successful and on going one. To me, going by what this person from LA has said, there will be a KotOR III for sure. It's the closest thing to an official announcement.

And my prediction about when it will come out will probably turn out to be quite accurate, as I'm predicting a late 2008/early 2009 release for the game, which is most likely when the game will come out.

Ive just seen the most positive news for KotOR 3 Yet. !!  :joy:

A member over at Lucasarts.com has posted a link to this -

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...gn_id=rss_daily 

If this news item is accurate and true then it would seem that KotOR 3 will happen maybe somtime in 2008

Just as I thought. I've heard somewhere before that LA said they see the KotOR franchise as a successful and on going one. To me, going by what this person from LA has said, there will be a KotOR III for sure. It's the closest thing to an official announcement.

And my prediction about when it will come out will probably turn out to be quite accurate, as I'm predicting a late 2008/early 2009 release for the game, which is most likely when the game will come out.

Well, as previously stated: Mr. Avellone had a third installment in mind when writing the story of KotOR II and stating several times that he wants to finish it. Also, Feargus has said that Obsidian are eager to make a KotOR III, they're just waiting for the green light from Lucasarts.

Now ofcourse, would be the best time to start working on it, since NWN2 has just been finished :wacko:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope Obsidian doesn't do KotOR 3. Not because I don't think Obsidian couldn't do one justice but after the KotOR 2 fiasco I want nothing to do with KotOR and I think that Obsidian would be better off doing other games with other publishers than deal with the craptastic Lucas Arts.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest The Architect
I hope Obsidian doesn't do KotOR 3.  Not because I don't think Obsidian couldn't do one justice but after the KotOR 2 fiasco I want nothing to do with KotOR and I think that Obsidian would be better off doing other games with other publishers than deal with the craptastic Lucas Arts.

Yeah, I see your point. Obsidian really shouldn't have anything more to do with LucasArts, since they f*cked up their work with KotOR II. But, since I believe that Avellone did some foreshadowing of a potential KotOR III plot he had in mind (which is what my fanfic K3 story is based on, the things I believe he had set up for a K3 plot) I would like to see what direction Avellone was taking KotOR II's story in.

It would also be nice for Obsidian to prove that they can make a kick ass KotOR game, which is what KotOR II would have been, if it had of been completed properly. KotOR II would have been a way better game than the overrated KotOR if it was completed, but a semi-completed product is not better than a completed product.

Avellone, Urquhart and Obsidian are keen to do KotOR III, so I say let them do it. Let them make an awesome game that will **** all over KotOR and KotOR II, then after that, they can deal with other publishers and tell LA to go f*ck themselves.

I hope Obsidian doesn't do KotOR 3.  Not because I don't think Obsidian couldn't do one justice but after the KotOR 2 fiasco I want nothing to do with KotOR and I think that Obsidian would be better off doing other games with other publishers than deal with the craptastic Lucas Arts.

The problem Obsidian had were that they were a brand new developer and working with a powerful company like LucasArts really takes away any backbone Obsidian had, which led to the cut endings and rushed production. But after being around for a couple of years, they've become more experienced. The storyline in K2 was pretty confusing if you only play it once and a still a bit confusing even after a few playthroughs. Obsidian started this whole story with the True Sith and all that, and I believe that only Obsidian can end it and since it's their story. Obsidian was able to pick up from BioWare simply because K1 didn't have such an open end. The story was Malak had the Star Forge and it's a threat. Piece of cake.

If there would be KotoR3, I would like to have:

1. Better graphics. Really, the graphics of KotoR2 are kinda embarassing if you have Oblivion on your comp, too.

2. Better party control. Something like BG would be great. Let me allow to move people around independently, and allow me strategic retreats.

3. More, and more useful feats. A soldier really has problems getting ANY useful feats anymore once you have him at level 20 or so. Give us Tumble, Combat Expertise, Whirlwind etc ! :)

4. No link between Constitution and Implants. Man that one really sucked big time. I'm all for making Consitution a bit more useful but that was seriously overdone.

Guest The Architect

I've done part three of my story. I don't think this one is as good as part one and part two though. I will probably receive some criticism for this one. Enjoy people, and please kindly spread the word about my KotOR III story so more people can read it. Remember, because it's so long, you don't have to read it all at once.

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171405

im all for dathomir. those witches are the best.

and of course like on sims how u can personalize ur persons appearance

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

hey just spent 3 hours of a much needed day off work to peruse the interpest for any concreat info on a release of kotor 3 and have come to realise a few things

There is way, way, way to much bollocks about kotor I think my eyes are about to bleed i've seen that much nonsense.

Jim Ward and Peter Hirschman are secretly dark lords of the sith ploting the downfall of the kotor universe(you want to know who the true sith are? look no further then these two!).

I really do think theres some fat american cigar smoking powermunger at lucasarts who controls the purse strings there you know the type of guy i'm talking about, the same type of person who canceled futurama and family guy because it wasn't "The Simpsons". Some unimagintive git sat there chewing a cigar saying " What another Knights of the old republic game No NO what we need to do is make another game tied to a film What about the indy jones guy with the whip make a game about Him that will make some money". Who The **** cares about indiana Jones I don't know anyone who has gone out there way to watch any of those films in the last 15 years my sister bought my nephew the box set as a gift its still in the wrapper he's never watched them I bouhgt him two lightsabres thats all he plays with what does that tell you lucasarts huh?

Finally all those ****ers who post bogus rumours about kotor 3 are an insult to the human gene pool and should be wiped out from our existence or at the very least be made sterile they truely are a waste of oxygen they honest to god make me so sick i might hurt myself Scumbags the lot of them.

Tommo

P.s Sorry about this rant and the bad language, Kids swearing is not big and its not clever i'm just a bit miffed i've wasted another 3 hours of my life and I've got nothing to show for it god dam you lucasarts :angry: :unsure::bat:

Holy crispy crap! (w00t)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You just wasted three hours. Three days ago, the VP of global sales and marketing at LucasArts had this to say:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We all can only hope that they don't back out of making KotOR III or have it set 1000-esh years after kotOR I and Kotor II

"Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea..."

Dear Lord, than you for these gifts that we are about to recieve :D

How come I wasn't informed of this earlier?!?!?!

My sources are going to pay for keeping me out of the loop :wacko:  :D

Hey, the devil and god in the same post, that's religerific! :crazy:

I have been really surprised at the lack of interest and excitement in response to my post about the news article on k3 in this thread on nov 22.

To me the news looked genuine.[ indications so far seem to suggest that it is]

Prehaps people havnt read it yet

for some reason I carn't get the link to work but you can refer to my post on the previous page of this thread or refer to Wild Storms post above.

Edited by Si Nomis

We all can only hope that they don't back out of making KotOR III or have it set 1000-esh years after kotOR I and Kotor II

I think that'd invoke a mass histeria resulting in city wide power outages, looting, riots, fires, and a general anarchy that would eventually spread throughout the entirety of the earth.

Then I'm pretty sure that the sky would then turn red, locusts would eat all of our crops and the Lucasarts building would transform itself into an electronic, phase shifting, light absorbing, blood spilling gate for the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

Now. Ask yourself this. Does George Lucas really want that on his conscience?

Dear Lord, than you for these gifts that we are about to recieve :D

How come I wasn't informed of this earlier?!?!?!

My sources are going to pay for keeping me out of the loop :wacko:  :D

Hey, the devil and god in the same post, that's religerific! :crazy:

I have been really surprised at the lack of interest and excitement in response to my post about the news article on k3 in this thread on nov 22.

To me the news looked genuine.[ indications so far seem to suggest that it is]

Prehaps people havnt read it yet

for some reason I carn't get the link to work but you can refer to my post on the previous page of this thread or refer to Wild Storms post above.

Might just be my PC, but when I try it, that link's dead. Tech error or somesuch.

I haven't really been reading the K3 threads lately, because of all the randoms posting 8 year old rumour threads. :)

In future I shall expect that you have a skywriter fly over my house with information such as this. I will also want an all channels report saying "KOTOR 3 It's gonna happen, KOTOR 3 It's gonna happen" with subtitles in 12 languages, and whilst Bastila dances to the tune of "safety dance" in the background. Subtelty is always best when dealing with info such as this ;)

From the tone of the statement it seems that they haven't even started thinking about the game's development yet though, and that timeline doesn't look promising. If they haven't chosen a development team yet (and I doubt they would have) and they're estimating at least the usual average 18 month development time, and they're concentrating only on SW 2007 press and development until it's released (and a minor project) than we're looking at mid 2008 at least.

P.S. Yes I know. Enter key.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I read your K3 story sketch, Architect. Wow, that is alot to take in but I think you've got some good ideas.

I like the idea of the True Sith having a fleet of cloaked ships (and, ultimately, being behind the Stealth Assassins in K2).

I also like the bit about Bastila being your teacher. However, I think the game should have joinable factions. If you don't join a faction, then Bastila remains your teacher. If you join a faction, then she is only your teacher for a short time...someone from your faction teaches you if you join a faction.

Anyway, my tupence.