KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

In regard to "re-visiting" planets from KoToR2 in KoToR, im not sure about this, if its 1 or 2 maybe, but i think it would probably be better to go for planets we havent seen yet at all. Someone mentioned Coruscant...putting that place into a game and it feeling like Coruscant will probably take up so much room its crazy, think 2-3 "normal" planets put together.

it depends on how they do it...it would probably have to remain off your ship's astrocharts....and, when you are there, you would be in a certain segment such as "Coruscant: Capital City: Diplomatic Quarter East" or something to that effect.

that way, you could be in a segment of the city where flying hovercraft is the only option....no walking to speak of and no ground-based transports.

if you ever need to leave the segment of the city you are in, you simply get a cutscene to take you there.

I can't wait.

First off, actually making the damn game would be an excellent start. I also agree that I would like it to be as long as humanly possible. This, due to the fact that we will be extremely lucky if this one is ever made and I doubt they'll make #4. Next, let's do away with the taking forever to become a lightsaber wielding Jedi. If a start up period is necessary, let it be on Corusant as a freshfaced Jedi recruit and the Taris-Time is spent developing your character and power in the Jedi Temple. Allow your character to develop the hilt of the lightsaber in intracate detail. Wear a rope that the hood actually works on. I would like to heal the galaxy or conquer it, depending on which side I go with. Why do I have to be human? Allow for the character to be an alien species if one desires. How about some dire consequences for the Dark Side option. If I decide to become the all-powerful Sith and rule the galaxy, destroying and conquering worlds that I travel to, developing a loyal, but treacherous following, and even taking on an apprentice,--I am ultimately defeated, because in the Star Wars Universe, good eventually triumphs over evil. And if I choose to be evil, I don't want to be some rogue guy running around, I want to be a key figure that is eventually known as the driving force behind said evil. Just a couple of ideas to kick around. But, if the powers that be only take one of my thoughts, take the one that gets the game made-----I'll take what I can get.

I agree with having new planets. doing them over again would just be to boring. Especialy seeing Narshada AGAIN would be like tourcher and tatooine, Dantooine MAYBE, TELOS OH GOSH DO WE HAVE TO GO THERE! Manan, just way to much water to look at.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

I say we start off as a child hear the storys go and train as a youngling and chose our path as we grow up, create our problems, from the start, not play a game as a result of something we did in the past.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I think its a big 'UNKNOWN'.

Lately, specualtion at other sites have just about haulted. For the moment, I think KotOR III is dead on arrival. I personally believe that they don't have a solution. I think that Obsidian did a great job with content and intention, but I don't believe Lucas Arts knows what to do with a broken product. There are tough choices to be made, and KotOR III could endup wayside.

Just my opinion.

Here's something, how about setting up events that are somewhat pre-prior to the new republic era, such as throwing a young Darth Plegius the Wise, maybe somehow touch on that, not saying to put him in the game or anything...Maybe the true Sith would destroy the older republic and go back into the nether regions of the universe and then the newer republic would start to form...just a quick thought off-hand...

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.

I think that a storyline for KOTOR3 would be that you are a child dumped at some random persons house, and you play through the first few planets then you get told Revan was your father/mother (depending on gender you choose in the speak text during first few planets) and that Bastilla or the exile (after KOTOR2 when you go off on the ebon hawk, the exile finds Revan) was your mother/father and you go in search for them. Then you either try to turn them to the LS (and if they reject you kill them, therefore ridding the universe of all evil/sith, they are the only ones left) or you join the DS and help them take over the Universe. Tell me what you think please. :unsure: ^_^

Ummm ok you can't go against the star wars time line, but if you destroyed the old republic would the game be called Knights of the New Republic..... sigh

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

This is still being discussed?!?! :lol:

LA canceled KotOR 3 months ago. Its dead. Deal with it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Creatable Armor and the Ability to Customize your weapons, Different Ship besides Ebon Hawk,buyable and nameable.

Edited by Sionn

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

I'm writing this as a plea to anyone out there in the kotor community, architect already got in touch with the people at obsidian if there is anyone anywhere that can contact someone at lucasarts please do it now. I live in a hole of a town in the north of the Uk so I'm pretty much shut off from the gaming industry, but there must be somebody out there that can contact lucasarts someway somehow. so if there is someone that can do this please for the sake of every kotor fan find out if they plan to make a new kotor game i don't care about release dates or anything like that all i want is a simple yes or no, i am sure there is a lot of kotor fans who think the same as me, and even if it is a no at least we will all know were we stand, this indecision is frustrating the hell out of me as

I'm sure it is a lot of other people. If we at least make the top dogs at lucasarts a where of the huge international fan base kotor games has and how much we would like another kotor game it would at least make them consider it.

Forever the optimist

Cheers tommo

Maybe cancellation of Kotor 3 could be more like a temporary suspension. LA might be thinking of moving towards other games rather than deaing directly with another KotOR game. Hard to tell if their decision to cancel can be counted as being permanent decision at all. Besides, they gain something if game is made anyhow.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect
This is still being discussed?!?!  :blink:

LA canceled KotOR 3 months ago.  Its dead.  Deal with it.

You mean this Hades?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=3976

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been canned. KotOR III is not dead, LA described that as a "a major restructuring" of its development studio. I found nothing in that article which suggests to me that the KotOR series is caput for good. Until LA announces that they won't be making KotOR III, there's still a possibility that the game will be made. I personally believe it will be made, and it will come out in late 2008/early 2009, but I could be wrong. If we hear nothing about KotOR III in 2007, then I'd say the series is dead.

Edited by The Architect

K3 being canceled? I'll have to agree with the above statements that if we hear nothing by a significant amount of time into 2007, the it's not going to happen and it'll be forgotten. Until then, unless it's official, I'm going to call that a load of Sith****

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

K3 has been the victim of a lot of unfortunate things (in a manner of speaking):

* LA is going to focus on having less SW games at any one time.

* They had to produce an Episode III game to go along with the movie (this is what some believe rushed K2, actually).

* Battlefront, Empire At War, and Lego SW series, not to mention their MMO, are all SW games.

I suspect that Battlefront and Lego will not continue ad infinitum (neither will Epi 3 games). Once those series have come to an end, there will be room. In order to help sell KOTOR 3 to the Suits, I suspect they will describe it as an action RPG, not unlike Mass Effect.

Anyway, there is hope for it but not until these other SW franchises wrap up their cycle.

I just found this site and i was wonderin if anyone came up with this idea yet...

I thought it would be cool if that combat system was the same except for when you fight a boss. I'm not exactly sure how it would work but you would have to press certain buttons to block an attack and find certain openings to use your force powers. Just puttin it on the table...

Ive just seen the most positive news for KotOR 3 Yet. !!  :joy:

A member over at Lucasarts.com has posted a link to this -

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/conte...gn_id=rss_daily 

If this news item is accurate and true then it would seem that KotOR 3 will happen maybe somtime in 2008

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :aiee::aiee::p:) Its about time too

"Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea..."