KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Guest The Architect
^ 20+ characters?? ... since some of the characters in both games were lame and/or served no real practical purpose other than taking up space on the ebon hawk, fewer but better is the answer.

Spot on. >_< I say in KotOR III we should have less party members. Why? Because that should allow for the characters to be more interesting, more deeper, have much more dialogue, allow for more character interaction between party members and the main character and be able to make 'influence' with them (whether it be extremely high or low) have a greater impact on the character itself, the main character and his/her crew and the progression of the story.

So if all 3 options sound terrible, what would you recommend?

Is this directed at me DAWUSS? If so, I recommend that we go a new main character, we get to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile and we meet Revan and the Exile in the unknown regions. How would I bring them back in KotOR III? I'll leave that for my story to reveal (when it's done. which may be some time).

Option 3 is the best there is....even better with hard-coded Exile...that way, Exile can have deep roots in the story.

but either way, my vote would be for option 3....new protagonist with a controllable Exile later in the game.

The Exile can still have 'deep roots in the story' without having to be 'hard-coded'. It can be done quite easily IMO. My KotOR III story (when completed) will demonstrate this.

Edited by The Architect

Well i know obsidian wouldnt turn down an oppoturnity to make a Kotor 3. Kotor 2 as much as haters there is out there it still made good money. And it would be cool if u could play as the exile or revan but theres a slim chance they will be who u start with because they both would probably be level 20 and higher and theres no way they can be deleveld again after both being d'leveled unless the were mind wipped or startover  it being there choice. Like the posts above me revan would be who u have to find and he could be in your party. And The Exile would be a teacher because he did teach almost his whole party besides the droids and mandalore. But it would be awesome that later on after beating it with the made up character u go start as the exile and vice versa with revan to know what there doing while your doing your own things.

Then tell me how it worked out with Canderous in K2?

^ 20+ characters?? ... since some of the characters in both games were lame and/or served no real practical purpose other than taking up space on the ebon hawk, fewer but better is the answer.

Agreed. I think we should have 3 or 4 party members at the very most

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Ok then have at least 6 party members then, if you think that well...15 is too many. The 6 I would have are:

Bastila

Carth

Atton

Canderous

Juhani

Bao Dur (if you can turn him to the dark side and make him look like Darth Maul)

All of them would need to be voiced by the same people who did them in the previous games!

OR

5 altogether NEW characters could be interesting though!

Leesmachine

I really don't care if the joinable NPCs are retreads or new...I just don't want to wear my mentor like a cheap suit this time (a la Kreia in K2).

there should be more than one mentor in K3, just like in JE, you had Master Li as your beginning one and several others throughout the game....you were not just "stuck" with someone. that is my biggest complaint about K2.....too much reliance on your teacher and stuck with only one real teacher.

JOINABLE FACTIONS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok then have at least 6 party members then, if you think that well...15 is too many. The 6 I would have are:

Bastila

Carth

Atton

Canderous

Juhani

Bao Dur (if you can turn him to the dark side and make him look like Darth Maul)

All of them would need to be voiced by the same people who did them in the previous games!

OR

Leesmachine

Take Juhani out and stick in Jolee Bindo and you're good.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Guest The Architect

Bastila

Carth

Atton

Canderous

Juhani

OR

Leesmachine

Take Juhani out and stick in Jolee Bindo and you're good.

No, I don't think so...

Bastila: She could have been killed by LS Revan in KotOR and she can also be DS. For me, there are too many variables to make Bastila as a party member, unless the game assumes that she is alive regardless of Revan's gender/alignment. But, considering the fact that DS Bastila goes off to search for Revan, it's also likely that LS Bastila (if alive) will also go off and search for Revan eventually and therefore will probably not be a party member in KotOR III...

Carth: He 'has bigger ships to fly' and has too much of a big role as the Admiral of the Republic to be a party member in KotOR III (if Revan is LS). Otherwise, if Revan is set as DS, then you have to assume that he's dead, since we don't see him in KotOR II if Revan is set as DS...

Atton: I suppose he could be...

Canderous: He should play a big role in KotOR III as Mandalore. I don't think he should be a party member in KotOR III, given his role as leader of the Mandalorian clans...

Juhani: No. It's best to leave her dead. She is dead if Revan was DS and she could have been killed on Dantooine (and whether Revan spares Juhani on Dantooine or not is not determined by his/her alignment). Even if Juhani was not killed on Dantooine or Rakata Prime in your canonical interpretation or your official play-through, one can safely assume that she died on Katarr, since she was a Jedi. KotOR III should try to avoid (as much as they possibly can) bulldozing all over the choices the player made in their previous games.

Bao-Dur: Bao-Dur could already be DS by the end of KotOR II though. :dragon: He was a boring character with a crappy and sissy, timid voice. He could be a useful party member in KotOR III, but it's best to keep him out of KotOR III's party, because when you think about it, the devs would have to write two Bao-Dur's. A LS one and a DS one. Too much work, which is not necessary.

Jolee: It's not a good idea to make characters who could have been killed in the previous games as party members. In Jolee's case, he is dead in KotOR if Revan is DS, so no. A cameo from him if Revan is set as LS? Sure, why not? A party member if Revan is set as LS? No.

Edited by The Architect

one way you could have returning characters from previous games (and still respect the kind of contingencies that Architect is talking about) is that you see them and speak with them but they never sail with you on your ship.

example:

your first mentor has gone away (at least for a good, long while) and the game is trying to set you up with your second mentor. by that time, the game should know whether you gravitate more to LS or DS.

if LS, you might run into Jolee and he teaches you a few things....he has a few sidequests for you....do all the sidequests, and he teaches even more. if DS, this secondary mentor could be Visas, for instance.

same thing applies to non-Force types....you bump into them and they have information and sidequests for you.

I agree that Canderous should play a HUGE role in K3 but should not be a joinable.

Bastila: She could have been killed by LS Revan in KotOR and she can also be DS. For me, there are too many variables to make Bastila as a party member, unless the game assumes that she is alive regardless of Revan's gender/alignment. But, considering the fact that DS Bastila goes off to search for Revan, it's also likely that LS Bastila (if alive) will also go off and search for Revan eventually and therefore will probably not be a party member in KotOR III...

I think KOTOR II already considers her alive.

Only in one of the four options does she not make an appearance. DS is obvious, LSM has the T3-holo and the dialog with Carth. LSF is the exception, but if LSM already has an appearance by her, even though she could have been killed in KOTOR, it is not far fetched to think of her as being alive in this case as well.

It would definately not be very easy to include her as a party-member, though I think it can be done. I'd love to see her in a bigger role in KOTOR III. Not necessarily as a party-member, but someone who gets more than the 2-3 lines like in TSL.

The larger the role Revan has in the game, the more important Bastila gets.

I think KOTOR II already considers her alive.

Only in one of the four options does she not make an appearance. DS is obvious, LSM has the T3-holo and the dialog with Carth. LSF is the exception, but if LSM already has an appearance by her, even though she could have been killed in KOTOR, it is not far fetched to think of her as being alive in this case as well.

It would definately not be very easy to include her as a party-member, though I think it can be done. I'd love to see her in a bigger role in KOTOR III. Not necessarily as a party-member, but someone who gets more than the 2-3 lines like in TSL.

The larger the role Revan has in the game, the more important Bastila gets.

I agree. Bastila needs to be an important character in KOTOR III since she is basically all that remains of the jedis we know of. The ones on Dantoine have been annihilated (DS and LS right ? Kreia or the Exile kill them all right?), and she is, along with Jolee and Juhani, the only ones we know of from KOTOR 1.

If Bastila, and perhaps Jolee have a bigger role than they did in KOTOR 2 or even than Atris had, then KOTOR III would definitely feel like the end of a trilogy. If they just keep adding in new characters and keep the ones from the previous games as less-important, then it will just feel like a sequel, not a conclusion....

However, I do not think it would be a good idea to make any of who were NPCs before a PC. If a character was an NPC, they had their own alignment and personality, and it needs to remain that way. However, if a player answers that revan was a great sithlord, bastila's personality could be that of a sith, left on Korriban....

Revan will definitely have a large role in KOTOR III, whether he is a PC or an NPC. If he is an NPC, than I don't think it would be wise to make the player linger with him too much, since he was after all, a PC. Same thing for the exile.

Edited by darkalien54

^ Other than the cut content and the rushed feel of the game, one of the things i honestly didn't like about Kotor II was being forced to play characters other than the Exile for long stretches of time. There was only once instance in Kotor I where you played someone other than your character, and that was okay by me.... i wanted to play my own character and wasn't able to. I spent alot of time in the game making the character i wanted, and at times when i felt like i most wanted to play her i couldn't do it. It sucked, so I dunno, personally I'd like fewer instances where you play someone other than your character.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Make game challenging. Having various kinds of poisons that inflict some sort of effects which make character negatively affected. And then again, there could also be some advantages to having character affected by same poisons, like great increase in some stats while a few others are lowered.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

ok, it's been a LONG time since I've been here, but I wanted to add my story idea for KOTOR 3. I apologize if it's been done before.

The game starts at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Your character has been chosen to become a jedi. The first part of the game, say Act I, is your character being a padawan to another jedi. You would control your character with your master being the second member of your party. Missions are conducted, and soon a line is slowly being drawn that could lead to the mystery of Revan and the Exile and their respective disappearances. Bastila is leading the Jedi Council, and at level 5 or 10 you are put through your Jedi trials. Upon completion you begin your life as a Jedi Knight.

Act 2

Since you helped uncover evidence of where Revan and the Exile may have gone, many of your tasks involve searching some old areas from previous games, as well as new ones that the two had visited had different times. The main plot seeming to be that the Exile was following clues to find Revan, while you are finding clues to find the Exile. As you travel along these missions you find characters who wish to team up with you, some Jedi, some not.

Act 3

The true Sith make their appearance at this point, in the outer rim planets. Tougher than the Sith of other games, the true Sith have more pontent dark power, not a "borrowed" power of the others. As your character progresses, tracing the line of Sith to a source, they stumble upon Revan and the Exile, working together trying to cmobat the true Sith and at this point Revan and the Exile take in your character and your companions to help. They can't do it all, and so you begin to do missions to uncover more of the true Sith and their plot while working for Revan and the Exile.

Act 4

Lightside

You find the source of the true Sith, and it is a greater threat than could ever be imagined. Revan, the Exile, and yourself make a journey back to Coruscant to ask the Republic and the Jedi Council for help, informing them of all you've seen.

Darkside

You turn to the true Sith and inform them of all you have done and seen for Revan and the Exile. The characters who you have strong influence with and are also evil stick with you, you execute the others.

Either way, a war erupts between the Sith and the Republic. Whichever side you would fight on would determine what type of missions you were given. If you were Darkside you would end up fighting Bastila, Revan, and the Exile. If you were lightside you would end up taking on the leaders of the Sith.

Well, that's all I've thought up so far.

I really don't mind if a KotOR character is allowed to gain levels up to maximum of 20. One of the reasons why K2 was a walkover was due to being able to gain high levels and having excessive force powers and feats that were chosen in addition to ones that prestige classes and Jedi classes already had. And skills looked redundantly high, say up past 40+. If there was a limit on what max level was, one would not have needed to use exploits in game to get to such high levels at all.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

one thing i really hope they do if/when (delete as appropiate) they bring out kotor 3 is if your character does fall to the darkside it has alot more Consequences then a shady face and evil eyes. I really do want my characters fall to have a more corrupted feel and have a greater impact on your releationships with the other party members.

also i would like more choice on the type of jedi you can be then the three standered choice of gaurdien,sential and consular and also have a more varied choice when gaining prestige class there are so many different types of jedi you could be.

Cheers tommo

I agree completely, in all the other games everytime i have ever turned DS i get the feeling that im gonna be the leader of some sith and have some sort of control but it never falls through. That would be awesome if we could finally do something of the sort. :devil:

ok, it's been a LONG time since I've been here, but I wanted to add my story idea for KOTOR 3.  I apologize if it's been done before.

The game starts at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant.  Your character has been chosen to become a jedi.  The first part of the game, say Act I, is your character being a padawan to another jedi.  You would control your character with your master being the second member of your party.  Missions are conducted, and soon a line is slowly being drawn that could lead to the mystery of Revan and the Exile and their respective disappearances.  Bastila is leading the Jedi Council, and at level 5 or 10 you are put through your Jedi trials.  Upon completion you begin your life as a Jedi Knight. 

Act 2

Since you helped uncover evidence of where Revan and the Exile may have gone, many of your tasks involve searching some old areas from previous games, as well as new ones that the two had visited had different times.  The main plot seeming to be that the Exile was following clues to find Revan, while you are finding clues to find the Exile.  As you travel along these missions you find characters who wish to team up with you, some Jedi, some not. 

Act 3

The true Sith make their appearance at this point, in the outer rim planets.  Tougher than the Sith of other games, the true Sith have more pontent dark power, not a "borrowed" power of the others.  As your character progresses, tracing the line of Sith to a source, they stumble upon Revan and the Exile, working together trying to cmobat the true Sith and at this point Revan and the Exile take in your character and your companions to help.  They can't do it all, and so you begin to do missions to uncover more of the true Sith and their plot while working for Revan and the Exile. 

Act 4

Lightside

You find the source of the true Sith, and it is a greater threat than could ever be imagined.  Revan, the Exile, and yourself make a journey back to Coruscant to ask the Republic and the Jedi Council for help, informing them of all you've seen. 

Darkside

You turn to the true Sith and inform them of all you have done and seen for Revan and the Exile.  The characters who you have strong influence with and are also evil stick with you, you execute the others. 

Either way, a war erupts between the Sith and the Republic.  Whichever side you would fight on would determine what type of missions you were given.  If you were Darkside you would end up fighting Bastila, Revan, and the Exile.  If you were lightside you would end up taking on the leaders of the Sith.

Well, that's all I've thought up so far.

That would be fun, but i mean come on ask your self what could be this "amazing power" that even "reven" is scared of I don't think hes as power as people make him out to me. The true sith, the race are a long gone, and the sith now are those that fallow a belief. THis true power, what could it be ... another Sith, another Jedi... Godzilla....who knows. If it was that great you would of known about it or heard about it in the books and movies, and there can't be another sith jedi war. That would throw off the time line for the movies and books. The ending for Kotor 2 is alot better if you read and listen to what it was suppose to be, with watching and listening to people dieing or coming with you or staying to combat or turn those that would seek out malacore V. I don't know, i think if anything that they come up with for KoToR 3 is gonna have plot holes and problems just like Kotor 2 did. I think it should be like 1000 years later, everyone is dead the the temple is rebuilt, when a fleet of true sith, the true sith being those trained by reven in the unknown region come to destroy all that is force sensitve. A army that has been learning and building for 1000 years.

it could start out much like yours, with your charecter going to these places and learning of reven and the exile, then as he becomes a jedi knight Reven's army appears with a new master. The exile now over 1000 years old, only living because of the darkside.

I know its stupied but just about anything these days sound stupied because of plot holes left in the games.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

In regard to "re-visiting" planets from KoToR2 in KoToR, im not sure about this, if its 1 or 2 maybe, but i think it would probably be better to go for planets we havent seen yet at all. Someone mentioned Coruscant...putting that place into a game and it feeling like Coruscant will probably take up so much room its crazy, think 2-3 "normal" planets put together.