KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Guest The Architect
I thought that'll happen no matter what is the gender/aligment

You're right, the dialogue between Mandalore and Visas about Revan happens on the Ravager no matter what, although it varies slightly depending on Revan's gender and alignment.

What I meant was, the conversation that I posted only happens that way if Revan is set as a DSF. I didn't mean to imply that a discussion between Mandalore and Visas about Revan on the Ravager only happens if Revan is set as a DSF, my bad. I meant to imply that the dialogue only happens exactly like that if Revan is set as a DSF. In other words, it's a bit different depending on Revan's gender and alignment. :thumbsup:

Although I could be wrong. The person from the website only suggested that that piece of dialogue only happened that way if Revan was set to a DSF. The conversation may only alternate according to just the gender of Revan and not the alignment of Revan. I don't know for sure.

Anyway, I found the piece of dialogue interesting, especially this bit...

"That we had been deceived, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Revan said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Republic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it!"

But the question is, will this be considered canon, since it's cut-content? Also, it may have been something that was dropped for creative reasons and not cut because they had to cut it, but IMO I don't think this was cut for creative reasons.

Whatever the case, I would love KotOR III to expand upon that piece of dialogue and I would love to see where Chris Avellone is taking the direction of this unresolved story in. And that is why I want Obsidian to make KotOR III, so Chris has a chance to 'finish what he started' so to speak...

I would like to see the two KotOR crews join forces together and become a team. Large unexplored worlds would be a must! and how about exploring the unknown regions? I mean since theses unknown region have a big impact on KotOR 3, the unknown regions of space where Revan and the supposed Exile disappeared will most defiantly need to be introduced! does anyone agree? For example, say some of the original crew members are missing in KotOR 3, it would possibily be some of the KotOR 2's crews responsibility to track down the orginal crew of the EH, this of course could be one of the critical side quests before you are assigned by Admiral Onasi (From LSM Revan and LSF Female story line canon) any way the threat can be felt by the two crews of the EH, and some of the member decide to join forces, but some are still are uncounted for, so some of the crew who are apparently all Jedi search for the others and after the mission is complete the enemy approaches the Republic, then the two crews of EH make a Journey to the outer rim to search for two lost Jedi; of course you know who they are. Things get worse for the Republic and the two crews join forces but the galaxy is engulfed into darkness by the True Sith and this wear KotOR 3 begins....

Constant and gradual changing of sky like when viewed from Taris in KotOR. From evening just after sunset to morning before sunrise. Developing further in K3 like adding some coloured hues to sky if planet has a certain atmosphere with it. Nar Shaddaa had a greyed quiet atmosphere with very slight pinkish-purplish hue in either far distance of background or sky above, and a quiet planet like place for war refugees.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

hey long long long time since i last posted but i have some new thoughts

first i would like the new game to be more than just jedi vs sith civil war type situation we've seen in the first two games, lets face it after two wars with the sith the republic is in a mess and even if the new game is set 2 or 15 years after kotor II that is not enough time to build a substantial jedi order and certainly not enough to act as guardiens for the republic so they are vulnerble.

so my brief idea for a plot outline is this

Reven and the exile are dead, killed trying to fight the true sith, there actions in going into the unknow regins although noble alerted the true sith that the jedi are aware of there exsitance and so they are now making a move against the republic. But instead of making a full out assault on the republic they are using old remnats of the sith, powerful warlords and other such organisations to try to disable and disrupt the republic (after all why dirty your own hands when you can get others to dirty themselves for you!).

You play a young padowon in the new jedi order struggling to hold the republic together under the pressure of constant attacks , on a mission in the outer rim you and your master discover information regarding reven, the exile and the true sith.

(although for my storyline i wanted it know to u that reven and the exile are dead the characters in the game would notknow .) Eager to find what out happened to the two jedi and find out what threat the true sith pose the jedi council lead by bastilla send you two to discover what you can.

Along the way you could find out more and more about what happened to reven and the exile through information gathering and holowons left by the two jedi to help prepare other jedis against the true sith. These holowons could also contain unique powers, force forms and important infomation on infrostructor set up by reven needed to fight the true sith. You could also discover that the true sith are the puppet

masters behind the attacks on the republic, and in order to get at the true sith you must first confront and destroy these pawns.

I know this is a bit basic (I'm no bill shakespear!) but i think an idea along these lines would be good for the game.

Its important that you play as a new character the beauty of rpg games is starting the game as a pleb and struggling and fighting your way to the top its the fun of the game.

I killed off reven and the exile because i really do think it would be more intresting

to the stoy arc if these two charcaters are dead, plus every body has there own interpretations of these characters so by removing them from the equasion it would help with the continuity of the story.

There would be plenty of scope for your character to fall to the darkside, all the evil

and all the power you would come up against would be enough to distort and temp

the purest of hearts.

You can include any number of characters from the previous games good or evil

and they can have positive and negative effects on the game as well.

I really do want this fight to be against more than dark jedi there are so many dark and evil regimes in the sw universe it would be intresting to fight against them.

As well this would allow you to use alot more of your force powers and they could have greater effects as well.

With this you could also make the dark jedi you come up against far more powerfull,

in the EU novels and comics and the films the sith are way more powerfull and sinister then they have been in the previous kotor games. I would also like to see some of the sith subclasses in the pen and paper rpg game dark witches, inquisitors etc.

I also hope that the alien races play more pivitol roles than just beggers and common

thugs. In the first two games most of the jedi masters are human (apart from the

yoda clone and one other.) all the important npcs are human. yet in the novels

and films some very important jedi and other great charactors are non human .

I know I've gone on a bit and for that i apologise but there were a few things i wanted

to get across but if anyone bothers to read it i welcome any and all criticism

Cheers Tommo. <_<

I for one enjoyed playing Revan and the exile, so having them both be dead would be tragic.

Here's what I would like KOTOR III to be:

KOTOR III : The search for Revan

You play once again as the exile, and as the titles explicits it, you are searching for Revan. The game begins right where KOTOR II left off, and just like KOTOR II, the characters accompanying you will ask you a couple of questions.

Let's say HK-47, due to the fact you wake up in the Ebon Hawk's medbay, tries to make you remember, Kreia's death being a brutal shock to you, with the bond you shared.

Questions qould be things such as:

-Was Revan a male or a female?

-Who would win, Sith or Jedi ?

- You see a jedi master, let's say master vrook, what do you do?

-etc...

A nice way to do this would be a small script being able to use info of your KOTOR II character, with the ability of selecting which.

There will be three "waves" of different planets, say 3 or 4 in each. At first, you search for Revan. Then, finding him/her on the last planet, you approach the next wave, as Revan, looking for the true sith. And the end of the second, you find a planet with a branch of them, and everyone knows what you'll have to do. In the third wave, you will have gathered thans to Revan's help the planets where the true sith live, and you shall destroy them

I'd like to have the exile and Revan team up, and of course, it would be awesome if Bastila, Atton, and other important characters would catch up with you. I like the idea of there being 2 PCs, one being the Exile, having his own story in the first wave, the other being Revan, joining with the exile for the hunt in the third wave, the second wave being Revan's story / search.

You could say the first and second waves take place at the same time, or at least with a couple of days between them. In the end, Revan and the exile will return to the Jedi temple, either forsaking their allegiance to the dark side and returning as heroes of the force (light side ending (even if you play dark side, killing the last sith will provoke a sudden change in your alignment)) or as embracing the true Sith's teachings, and returning to the temple to annihiale all the remaining jedis, being the only survivors of the Force (dark side ending, if you let the last sith live and embrace his teachings for example)

You could also give the title: KOTOR III Fall of the Sith

Yes, hooded robes is something I would really like to see in KotOR 3. Feels more evil.  :) And, something else i would like in KotOR 3 would be to meet the old crew from KotOR 1. All off them, yeah, that would be fun.

I agree. Would love to atleast see Bastila, Carth etc. as a NPC person somewhere under the game. :wub:

And btw, welcome. :)

Well whats the news on kotor3 has obsidian even thought about it yet i mean it made a **** load of money 1-2 and 2 was not that bad as everyone said it was bioware isn't doing it so i have to come and plead to obsidian

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Fall of the sith makes no since because what happens if u join them and wipe the jedi away or place a wound that would take years to go away. Id also like it if u could go and find apprentices making the light side or dark side have more forces be a general like revan and battle the other with still a main plan at the end. Not sure what character would u be but maybe the could be mulitple choices Exile,revan,new character Etc.

62nzp7r.jpg

Fall of the sith makes no since because what happens if u join them and wipe the jedi away or place a wound that would take years to go away. Id also like it if u could go and find apprentices making the light side or dark side have more forces be a general like revan and battle the other with still a main plan at the end. Not sure what character would u be but maybe the could be mulitple choices Exile,revan,new character Etc.

OK i have more ideas ive been snooping around and this is what i found that i liked.

(not in order just ideas listed)

1.U can choose from the exile or revan or a new character.

2.meet old friends try to bring more kids to the light side or dark side or (playing a a new character) u start around 16 old enough to have a ship but of course u dont have some random ship appear and its yours u would have to buy one,steal, or someone crashes and u repair theres and the crasher turns out to be a sith trooper or jedi acithlyte and u travel around the places they traveled. Maybe more than one ship crashes and u can choose which one to use and repair making u dark or light or just curious.

3.Train in the academy the right way or kill/manipulate to get higher. And u would meet bastilla in the council ,bao dur,atton and so on.

4.Then the academy is attacked by unknown forces most jedis are destroyed and atton is captured (or bao-dur but not bastilla shes to smart to make mistakes like that and they wouldn't because they know her loyalty to the light side (example: kotor 1 she submitted under constant torture and feel of the dark side she was always curious also.

5.U survive and they find u uncoinciuos (don't know how to spell) and bastilla uses her magnificent healing powers and brings u awake. But in the process she senses great pain in u and also senses that u are force sensitive.

6.They ask u if u could find a ship because there ship ( no idea what name should be post if u think u know) is stolen . And u go off to see if maybe the defenses of planet Coruscant damaged ships but could still be repaired.

7. U go talk to them and ask why isnt anything destroyed and she fears The Sith Assasins were involved u ask who that is and she explains a little about them in the earlier wars and u want to know more but she says "There is more important matters at hand".

8.U find the ship like above and choose one. Light side little alighment and so on.

9. After trying to find atton Bao-Dur says that u shouldn't just charge into the galaxy trying to find him. So they take u to the academy on dantoine to talk to there trainer better known as Mia. She asks them why she should train u when a bunch of others want her service to they tell her of the "special" reason but she suggests u must impress her over the other teens. U can either use the dark side (kill them manipulate the Etc.) or u can do it by gaining presitige.

10.One day u go to report of your sucess and u overhear her saying that she will train u but cannot go save atton because she needs to train more jedi's for the "Events" that are coming up.

11.They start to leave but then mira says "hy (whatever your name is)i see u where overhearing are conversation. And u can deny or be truthfull and she asks u if i find out what happens to atton or save him she will offer u a test to become an Jedi Knight and the captain of the militia there (u can advance ranks the more missions u do or just kill the general of the Dantoine miltia.

12.U go and do the "main quest" And then your sent back to dantoine. Then mira trains u u become a knight at age 18 she then gives u the role a captain. U meet a old retired commander and he joins your party u find out about better planets with stronger millatarys and u offer him the role after becoming a general he accepts and u leave.

13. i would make more story line but i have no power this is just for yall to read.

14.U then go do stuff be a general at a major army,be leader of the sith academy or jedi academy find out more about revan and exile find them and so on

15. PLEASE READ THIS GUYS IT TOOK ME QUITE AWHILE TO THINK ABOUT IT POST BELOW AND COMMENT THIS THANKS. AND ABSIDIAN START KOTOR 3 ALREADY

62nzp7r.jpg

Guess im in minority but i think that no Star wars without Tatooine.

Some would disagree, arguing Tatooine is little more than a cliche now...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Look i can't stress this enough if there even is a new kotor there is no way you will be able to play reven or the exile.

kotor is an rpg game the point of an rpg game is to start of with a pleb you know nothing about, along the way as you play more you become more powerfull and learn more about your character THATS THE FUN OF THE RPG GENRE OF GAMES!!!!

I don't know about you lot but by the time i cleared the last two games my reven and exile were about as hard as they were going to get (reven level 20 The exile level 56!!).

The only way you can realisticly start a game as either exile or reven is if the game is an action adventure game like revenge of the sith, and that game sucked balls big time.

Everyone loved reven and the exile thats why the 2 kotor games are so popular thats why forums like this exist.

But for me one of the most fun parts of kotor was in the creation of my character taking the time to decide what he would be like, what type of jedi i wanted him to be, light or darkside. Then setting of on an epic adventure discovering my characters story, spending the first twentys hours just trying to survive.

This was what made kotor so engrossing, to play as either reven or the exile would take this away from the game and with it IMO the most important part of what makes

kotor such a great and popular game.

I hope this explains a bit better why in my brief plot idea a couple of post ago i killed off reven and the exile. To take them out of the equasion straight away i think

would help who ever is going to develop the game immensely and besides in kotor 2

you didn't get to play as reven and it didn't effect the storyline of games at all.

If anything IMO the exile was a far more developed character then reven so lets give the developers of the new kotor game a chance to create another new and unique charactor that i'm sure we will all love as much as we love reven and the exile.

Cheers everyone

Tommo

post-17025-1161901937_thumb.jpg

I don't if it's been mentioned before, but how about a real big pazaak tournament? Really difficult to win, but it comes with a great prize.

Also, upgradable swoopbikes this time.

That's all for now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guess im in minority but i think that no Star wars without Tatooine.

Some would disagree, arguing Tatooine is little more than a cliche now...

it is a cliche, just like the Force and lightsabers...anyway, I think Tatooine should be on the astrocharts but never used again as one of the essential stops on your journey....a place to refuel (yes, we should have to refuel the ship), get training, buy stuff, etc but not as one of the "clue worlds"....not an essential destination.

Perhaps showing how KotOR characters are constantly evolving. With Dantooine in K2, all that was seen was mostly how Sith bombardment left sky misted and cloudy, and there was hardly any light effects from sun that was shown. It looked a bit like sky had been frozen in place or stasised from movement. Wherelse first game showed a bit of light from sun, with occasional clouds blocking full extent of sun from reaching Jedi enclave building.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I think that going to all of these plants we already know about sounds cool and all but wouldn't it be kind of hard to do quests on those plants without changing any story to that planet. So I figure that this would limit most of your choices that you can do on these planets. So I wouldn't mind if they made entirely new planets or used the same ones because then at least you could do whatever with them and not worry about it fitting a storyline in the future. Maybe they could make new planets but make them look similar to that of the planets of naboo and corusant, whichever planet. (sorry if this is pretty confusing) :huh:

and im gonna have to agree with obitommo about how you can't be the same, that would suck pretty bad. ex. final fantasy starts a whole new storyline every time with new characters that you can develop and what not. they don't use the same characters because you already know about them and stuff. Thats what makes an rpg so interesting when you get to develop characters that you know nothing about.

OH this is completely off what i said before but maybe at the end of the game you they could make some thing that says 10 YEARS LATER..... then show how your choices in the game effected everyone in the future????

Edited by bmason27

I too would like to see them do more interactive things, rather then just standing around like goons on the Ebon Hawk, or whatnot, they kind of made this better in KotOR2 compared to KotOR1 how characters just stood there, I would like to see them move around more and do more interacting, like T3 does for example and Atton to an extent.

If only third game would allow more specific character features selection, like modifying character appearance. Anything that is related to specifics of face, hair colour, say like those in recent elder scrolls games. KotOR has been using relative pre-generated facial templates for character creation so far, although it seems to work without having to change it into a painstaking way of starting game.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect

Now, I am against the whole idea of Revan and/or the Exile being the main character/s of KotOR III, however if the devs of a possible KotOR III game wanted to bring the Exile back as the main character again, well there is a way.

First, you have to take these things into consideration....

A) The Exile is far too powerful to be the main character again...

B) The KotOR games are CRPG's, how can we start as the Exile if he/she has already made his/her choices in KotOR II? It just doesn't add up...

C) The Exile's alignment could be anywhere between '100% LS - 100% DS', so what are you supposed to do if we start out as the Exile again in KotOR III with that alignment issue?

D) What about those who haven't played KotOR and/or KotOR II? Aren't they going to be confused as hell and alienated if they have to play as the Exile?

E) It's pretty much implied in KotOR II that regardless, the Exile ventures fourth into the unknown regions alone and will go searching for Revan. Now, is it just me, or does a KotOR III game featuring the Exile as the main character again during the search for Revan sound a lot more like an action/adventure Jedi academy style game and a lot less like a CRPG like the last two KotOR's were? We want KotOR III, not JA: KotOR III...right?

F) Any explanation (even if it's really good and convincing) about how the Exile lost his/her powers again is still not going to change the fact that it would be lame as hell and would suck beyond belief. It has 'corny' written all over it...

So, we have a lot of problems here don't we? Well, I don't know about you folks, but my creative mind can certainly think of a good story for KotOR III in which the Exile goes searching for Revan and has plenty of LS/DS/Neutral choices in the game and has a real 'CRPG' experience, in other words, it would be a story suitable for a CRPG where you have main-quests and side-quests with variable ways to solve them. So if I am capable of doing it, I'm sure a professional writer could handle it, right? So that solves problem B and E in my book.

Now, first of all, I would alert the player that if they haven't played KotOR and/or KotOR II before, they shouldn't be really playing the game, as they will become confused and alienated by the events that occur in the plot. That solves problem D. They have been warned.

Then, I would let the player know that they are customizing the Exile again in the character creation menu, so they know that they're not customizing a new character. You can do this by simply leaving the character's name fixed as 'The Exile' and not allowing the player to select a name for the character.

Then I'd let the player fully customize their level 25-50 (you choose where you want the level to be) Exile in terms of gender, class, lightsaber type, lightsaber colour, clothing, gear, feats, skills, stats, force powers and so on, and with the Exile's alignment, you could place it anywhere between '100% LS - 100% DS' in the alignment bar. You choose. That's problem C solved.

Now, we start out as an uber-powerful freak (anywhere between level 25-50) but instead of losing your powers again, what if the 'True Sith' have this special technique where they can suppress the Force from you to a certain degree which would reduce your ability to use the Force?

But the catch is, the 'True Sith' can only suppress the Force from their enemies (or people that don't live in the unknown regions (visitors)) just once. They don't have to come up to you and suppress you from the Force. It can just happen to you by simply venturing fourth into their territory.

And as time progresses, the repression begins to get weaker and will die away eventually. For the repression to die away of course, the Exile would have to seek someone out who can help him/her battle the repression faster than per usual.

So, you haven't lost your powers again, it's just that your ability to use the Force decreases greatly (to level one at the start) and as time goes by (in the case of a CRPG, you gain experience points and as the story/game progresses) you begin to return to that uber-powerful freak you were at the start of the game.

The only catch is, you wouldn't be able to choose your force-powers, feats, skills and stats again, as you are not gaining new powers or are becoming more powerful, you're just slowly returning to the high level character you once were, as the special repression becomes weaker. That's problem A and F solved. Sound okay? Or something like that anyway.

Edited by The Architect

Well Architect,

The State of the Exile's wound after Kotor 2. IF Not healed, s/he needs allies to keep the force level up due to the force bonding and the wound. Also Death help feed the wound.

As for Revan, I don't mind if your force power idea is on him if he is returns.

Althru, I am a Revan fanboy, If Revan does return, I would love to see Revan get his ass kicked hard. Torture to the brink of Death is a good way to De leveled anyone.

In the torture scene, The Sith torture experts can easily use a similar type of Force power(the type that you are thinking of) on Revan or the Exile.

Regardless of what I do feel towards Revan and the Exile, I will be happy for a well balance game that has little to no bad glitches. Also A good story is a must regardless of the PC.

I know that KOTOR II made it look like Exile was on his way to the Unknown Regions to find Revan. Still, that doesn't have to happen immediately.

Now that Vandar, Zhar, and Vrook are all gone, the Council needs a strong leader. I think the hard-coded, LS, female Exile would be a prime candidate to be the new leader of the Order and to help rebuild it.

Since the Exile has so many duties to tend to on Coruscant (and doing a lot of travelling between Coruscant and Dantooine), she needs to send someone else to find Revan...someone strong in the Force...someone she can send long-distance empathic messages to :) . But she also knows of a good pilot and astromech droid that would be helpful in such a search. And, thank the Maker, she even has a suitable ship for the voyage!

Seriously, I think Exile is the key to K3 but that Exile does not actually make the trip to the Unknown Regions.