KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas and Suggestions part 21! It's continuing mission is to have a place for the on-going discussions relating to K3. There is a lot of continued interest on this topic and keeping input centralised will have more impact and possible influence than multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :)

While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Courtsey and hospitality to all members enhances the community and makes me smile - spam and trollish behaviour does not. So let's keep the posts on-topic, respectful and constructive in nature. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. :D

Have fun!

Here are the links to the past threads:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

really wouldn't mind seeing Naboo, actually, especially if they can do graphical justice to it....that is one beautiful planet (with nice architecture as well).

The Obi-Wan game for Xbox is worth playing, IMO, if (for no other reason) it has such a nice map for Naboo.

I know it is a world associated with the movies, but I don't know of any continuity reason why it wouldn't be around in the KOTOR era.

really wouldn't mind seeing Naboo, actually, especially if they can do graphical justice to it....that is one beautiful planet (with nice architecture as well).

The Obi-Wan game for Xbox is worth playing, IMO, if (for no other reason) it has such a nice map for Naboo.

I know it is a world associated with the movies, but I don't know of any continuity reason why it wouldn't be around in the KOTOR era.

It's only just discovered one year after KOTOR 2, meaning, it's all foreign hunters, wildlife and swamps by whenever KOTOR 3 takes place. So, it'd be a relativley boring place. No cities. No nothing. If they wanted to do a "beauty" world, then they'd probably do Alderann.

It's only just discovered one year after KOTOR 2, meaning, it's all foreign hunters, wildlife and swamps by whenever KOTOR 3 takes place. So, it'd be a relativley boring place. No cities. No nothing. If they wanted to do a "beauty" world, then they'd probably do Alderann.

Well, if that is the case, I'm thinking we really haven't seen much of Onderon....both the terrain and the city of Iziz....we've only scratched the surface of that place.

Not to mention Gungans

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Iv always loved seing naboo in the movies Maybe if kotor 3 was 15 years after 2 then maybe we could go to nabboo that would give it enough time for theed to be built. Heck we could even help in building other cities.

I would like to have more exploration happening, I completely loved in KotOR1 exploring the planet of Taris, there was just so much to explore, I especially like exploring apartments and whatnot, I like doing it in KotOR2, on Telos and Nar Shadaa just to see whats happening and what quests/items I could potentially pick up. It would be cool if you could do this on all planets, just explore more parts of it and the inhabitants and their living conditions ect.

I would like to travel to more places then just one part of the planet, ie. instead of just exploring Anchorhead on Tatooine it would be cool to check out Mos Eisley or Mos Espa as well. I liked in KotOR1, for just some reason you could explore planets in more of an indepth, I suppose they did it to the best of their ability in K2, but due to all the cut content ect.

I would like to see elements, such things as rain, hail, snow, shine ect. that would be great, and to have a day factor, like night and day and perhaps a certain ammount of time to complete quests. It would be good to have an extra option up the top right, along with the main menu, items, quest, map objects maybe like a calender sort of thing where it tells you the date, They are alwaying going on about it being (exaggeration) 2000 years before the empire, and that the current game was set such and such years after K1 or whatever.

The hoods on capes is a good option, oh and sorry to ramble :blink:

I say forget all this planet-hopping stuff. The first 2/3 of the game should take place entirely on Coruscant, with the last 1/3 composed of going to find Revan or the Exile or the true Sith or whoever.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Im thinking between 3 and 5 really detailed planets. We all want quality over quantity here. I got a list: Coruscant, Naboo, Mustafar, Alderaan, and Corellia.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

well, I think we do need more "ground exploration" and "free roam" exploration, yes, indeed.

and we really don't need to have a ship handed to us on a silver platter within the first 10 hours of the game, either.....nothing wrong with having to pay fare and hitch a ride on a shuttle. That way, when we do get our ship, they wouldn't have to include the worlds we went to in the earlier segment of the game (as they would not be on the astrocharts).

If we can't return to worlds like Coruscant, they can make it a much more linear presentation, which is exactly how those worlds should be presented.

Say KOTOR III has about 6 planets, these are the ones I want.

Coruscant: The reason is because I want our Jedi to explore this awesome planet and maybe visit the Jedi Temple.

Mandalore: I want this planet because I want something all out to happen between the Mandalorians and possibly the Sith. A battle could form here.

Alderaan: I kinda want to visit this planet because of its awesome features. There are a lot of cool things there, and maybe some form of unrest can be found there in the game.

Mustafar: Maybe we could get a chance to see it while it was still lushious and green. There were Jedi Temples there, but they ended up getting destroyed. It might be a cool place to check out.

Kamino: I just want to see what it was like before Episode II.

An Unknown Regions Planet: A planet in the Unknown Regions would be good. Maybe you could find Revan there. Or maybe it could be inhabited by the Sith.

Those are some planets I want to see. :lol:

"May the Force be with you."

Yes, hooded robes is something I would really like to see in KotOR 3. Feels more evil.  :devil: And, something else i would like in KotOR 3 would be to meet the old crew from KotOR 1. All off them, yeah, that would be fun.

I agree. Would love to atleast see Bastila, Carth etc. as a NPC person somewhere under the game. :wub:

And btw, welcome. :)

Edited by Accept

Yes, hooded robes is something I would really like to see in KotOR 3. Feels more evil.  :devil: And, something else i would like in KotOR 3 would be to meet the old crew from KotOR 1. All off them, yeah, that would be fun.

I agree. Would love to atleast see Bastila, Carth etc. as a NPC person somewhere under the game. :wub:

And btw, welcome. :)

Thx. :D

UWfM5QN0Cciu.JPG

what about a story arc that adds one more to the team of the exile and revan. one more game before fighting the true sith in unknown space. or starting in couresant.then venturing in to unknown space would be very welcomed. but i suggest that you shouldnt put any of the main foces planets or citys from the movies in, due to that some fans ( not my self included ) will more then likly complaine about some thing. so bring new unexplored by star wars fans into view.

Hopefully this will be wild enough to qualify as a quality first post...

Here are my thoughts for the final installment of the KotOR series, rusty as I am on the plots of both games:

To this point, we have encountered two entites of "indescribable power." So far as we know, both are still alive and, as the expression goes, kickin'. We all know that in the Star Wars universe, this simply cannot be. A conflict, therefore, is facilitated simply by their very existence. In keeping with the tradition set by the first two, KotOR 3 will introduce us to an entirely new protagonist, who will either be the go-between for the two powers, or could perhaps even be a third candidate in the upcoming primaries, so to speak. This game will push our undestanding of "Dark Side" and "Light Side" to their furthest extremities, inviting us to question, as Camus, the nature of Good and Evil. Neither Revan nor the Exile will be pinned to a particular cosmic allegiance (given the choice presented to the player in 1 & 2), and a war will be waged in psychological space, rather than physical. It would be EXTREMELY COOL if the party system were flexible - to the point that people NPCs could voluntarily leave your party and join with one of the other two "leaders," based on in-game decisions. I'm no video game developer, but I imagine this wouldn't be terribly difficult to integrate, though goodness knows I've been wrong before.

Of course the physical aspect will still be very much present, it simply wouldn't be KotOR without the crazy battles, repetetive though they could at times be. I don't have too many thoughts regarding locales, but I rank among the proponents of introducing new systems to the Star Wars Universe, or touching on the existing ones that have gotten little press thus far (books, comics, games etc.) in the Star Wars universe's ridiculously young life. (What, thirty or so years now?)

I apologize if any of this is redundant material, I haven't bothered to read through the twenty previous threads on this exact topic, though I imagine there is a lot of "more hoods up!" and not so much earnest speculation. Call me a cynic. From what I understand, KotOR 3 is currently homeless? Nothing agasint Obsidian, but I hope dearly that BioWare will consider resuming work on this series for the final game, unlikely as that seems, I really love everything they've done. Maybe if we all focus our energies at the same time, we can channel the powers of Revan and the Exile to convince someone that this game needs to be made, and soon. Or something. Maybe we can just keep speculating, and someone inportant will chance to see 600,000 threads on potential KotOR 3 content. Keep it coming!

iBVc

P.S. If you are that "important someone" that happens to read this, please hire me on the the writing team for the game, I don't want my BA in creative writing to wither away to nothing. I won't disappoint!

Edited by bluvishnu

Guest The Architect

I just thought I'd post a bit of interesting cut-content that apparently would of only happened if Revan was set as a DSF...

Mandalore: "You sound like Revan, at the end. Do you know what she told me, as I lay dying on the outer rim? That the Mandalorian Wars were our doom. That we had been deceived, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Revan said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Republic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it! She said there was a war coming, that it was waiting in the unknown regions, in the dark, waiting for us to destroy each other."

Visas: "A war? This war?"

Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. A war of belief that had been fought for thousands of years. Revan went off to fight it..."

Visas: "... and left you here."

Mandalore: "Revan was one of the greatest military leaders in the galaxy. In history. She had no use for a people who had already been beaten once. She said the time of the Mandalorians was over. The Mandalorian wars had killed us. And she laughed."

Visas: "And that is what burns in your heart, and that is why clan Ordo was reborn; to prove Revan wrong."

Mandalore, "No, not Revan."

I found this information at: http://tubertarian.com/kotor2dialog/08.php

This is why we need KotOR III...

LA, just let Obsidian make KotOR III already god damn it!

Edited by The Architect

Architect,

I've read what you have already posted of your story and, I have to say, it looks really promising. I tend to agree that Coruscant and Ziost must be in K3.

I noticed a "force bond" between the PC and another (weaker) character. Well, if I must share a Force bond with someone, it would be nice to share it with someone weaker than myself, I will admit that.

I would like some of the old party members to come back or atleast have a mention and be big shot people that if not in your party atleast you see during your journies on planets, like being in trouble and you can help them, or someone big in the planet.

I dont like some of the planets people are wanting to see no offence, but I would like to see some new ones, Coruscant would be good because its always being portrayed in lots of the planets in both KotORs, I dont think some of those planets in episode 3 would be any godo to go on, like Mustafaar, because thats really just a massive lava flwoing volcano, and you would have many quests or things to do there. I like the idea of Alderaan, and maybe some new ones we havent seen in anything, some of the Unknown Regions planets, like Ziost which The Architech talks about alot which seems like a good world.

If I'm going to be a new character, I want to be a Republic Senator who somehow ends up in the possession of T3-M4. Also, being a Republic Senator IMO will allow for us to see what's going on in terms of happenings with the Republic, and perhaps your actions can help save it (LS) or end it (DS)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I just thought I'd post a bit of interesting cut-content that apparently would of only happened if Revan was set as a DSF...

Mandalore: "You sound like Revan, at the end. Do you know what she told me, as I lay dying on the outer rim? That the Mandalorian Wars were our doom. That we had been deceived, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Revan said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Republic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it! She said there was a war coming, that it was waiting in the unknown regions, in the dark, waiting for us to destroy each other."

Visas:  "A war? This war?"

Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. A war of belief that had been fought for thousands of years. Revan went off to fight it..."

Visas: "... and left you here."

Mandalore: "Revan was one of the greatest military leaders in the galaxy. In history. She had no use for a people who had already been beaten once. She said the time of the Mandalorians was over. The Mandalorian wars had killed us. And she laughed."

Visas: "And that is what burns in your heart, and that is why clan Ordo was reborn; to prove Revan wrong."

Mandalore, "No, not Revan."

I found this information at: http://tubertarian.com/kotor2dialog/08.php

This is why we need KotOR III...

LA, just let Obsidian make KotOR III already god damn it!

Oh man, that sounds like some cool stuff. :(

"...And she laughed." :D

I thought that'll happen no matter what is the gender/aligment

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)