Marvel Universe Online

Cyric

The Incredible Hulk Cometh ! (w00t)

PC/360 Cross Platform Marvel MMO Coming

Cryptic Studios, creators of NCSoft's popular City of Heros MMO, have announced that they will be developing the Marvel Universe Online MMO exclusively for the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista.

The game, which has access to the entire Marvel Universe, will allow PC and console players to game against one another on the same server and in the same game.

Trailer:-

Read more:-

http://crypticstudios.com/news.php

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.655

Till now CoH/CoV has satiated our appetites in preparation for the next evolution in comic book hero MMO's. This is definitely one to watch out for, could be the holy grail of comic book hero MMO gaming for fans of the genre. (w00t)

Edited by Cyric

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

I don't see how this will be any good. You won't be able to play as Spider-Man or whatever, so you might as well just play City of Heroes. Especially if its designed to be playable on a console.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Welcome to two weeks ago, Bokishi. :p

Nah! Not even close. :shifty: Information on this was released on the US CoH forums like a month ago, by one of the Cryptic devs no less.

Concerns in the CoH/CoV community are mainly about whether having a significant part of Cryptic's dev team working on Marvel Online will affect further development of City of Heroes/villains. :ermm:

As a long time player of CoH/CoV, I am of the opinion that this MMO is good thing as it will definitely revolutionize the comic book hero/ villain MMO genre. Whether it does so to the eventual demise of City of Heroes/ Villains remains to be seen.

Ah well I

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

Welcome to two weeks ago, Bokishi. :p

Nah! Not even close. :) Information on this was released on the US CoH forums like a month ago, by one of the Cryptic devs no less.

Darque was talking about Bok noticing Maria's return so late. Not about the game.

As for the MMO, not interested. It'll be full of clones and I'm really not that interested on the world anyway.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

whats odd is that Cryptic still harobored animosity towards Marvel because marvel sued cryptic (and their publisher NCsoft) over the fact that in the game you could make lookalikes of characters. The lawsuit caused everyone who had a passing resebelance or similar name to a character to get "genericed" where his name was changed to Generichero#.

Now cryptic is doing the Marvel MMO... I hope they actually design somthing similar to an endgame this time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I prefer DC.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If this game is half as fun as XML2, there could be some good times for us forum members. That is if Jags ever: A) returns B) buys a 360.

We could have our own version of the Merry Marvel Marching Society!!

I call the drums!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That idea has some merit.

I could be the Logan to your Cyke and Jeannie! >_<)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Will you be able to emit raditation? No power is more fearsome than the power of ATOMS!

Even with a high-speed internet connection, I refuse to play MMO games.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread!

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

CoH/CoV was boooring and repetitive, Im not the least excited over this despite being a longtime Marvel fan.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

CoH/CoV was boooring and repetitive, Im not the least excited over this despite being a longtime Marvel fan.

I only found it boring if you solo. And the CoH/CoV group system made it super easy to find a team so I found it fun.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The thing with "City of.." is that it only has a single gameplay element = combat. Every quest is about combat, yet the combat is not fun even if youre whole bunch of people. You activate power 1, power 2, power 3.. wait until 1 has recharged, use it again.. etc. etc. until inane enemy #4639 is smited.

Building a base was fun, but then you had to grind for hours and hours just to be able to buy a wee tiny room.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That idea has some merit.

I could be the Logan to your Cyke and Jeannie! :()

We'll have to come up with another plan. I have no intentions of playing any of the X-Men in this game. Beta Ray Bill or bust!!

and Don is the MASTER of Wolverine, be warned

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

This has to be the ultimate wet dream for the comicbook-guy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

TBH most of the superhero games have been enormous letdowns. You learn after a while not to get your expectations set too high.

Although I have to admit I really loved Activisions' Spider Man movie adaptations.

edit: Hey Bok!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Kor... Ultimate alliance comes out in america on the 26th... it's got a beta rey bill skin for thor.

I saw that. That was my default choice after seeing that Karnak was an NPC only.

I guess there's always Moon Knight... :blink:

I'd better get my xbox live account active again and switch it over to the 360.

And I've never really played a cross platform game online. Is it pretty crappy?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I don't quite know. I don't believe that the 360 version will be able to play with the regular version as there are certain characters that are only allowed on the Next Gen consoles.

I do know my team is probably going to consist of Cap, Thor, Surfer and Warbird.

Cap, Thor, Surfer and Warbird.

That's just plain wrong. Think of the enemies!

kirottu said: