Good PR

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6069784.stm

It seems Sony have released a new advert. It looks really cool. I like the premise. I think to myself 'Hmmm. Sony seem to be a hip company with fresh ideas. I might buy their stuff.' Then I think 'Actually no I won't'

The reason in my case is that my mother recently bought a Sony Vaio laptop. I had an immensely frustrating time flailing at the damn thing to get all the 'helpful' bits and bobs disconnected. I despise companies like Microsoft that treat me like I've come off a production line with no ideas of my own, and to find Sony doing it totally turned me 'off'. I suddenly perceived Sony as this aspiring megalith (which it probably was already but I never saw it that way), and resolved to patronise other companies.

Has anyone else had this allergic reaction to being patronised, and if so, why do the stupid fethwits keep doing it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They keep doing it because knob heads keep buying their wares. :ermm: They don't really care about the consumer if they did the warranties would be more user friendly Ipod. I get more ticked off about shops that sell something that is different to the box, where the good stuff is already removed.

Sony is evil.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

They are just trying to add value, which is something they can charge for.

If you don't like Sony's brand of all-in-one, then you are free to buy the components and build your own.

I find Dell's avalanche of software much more irritating.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meta I know I have an option. And I exercise it! That's my point. Why foist these things on everyone. I've no objection to being offerred a big buton that says 'Go back to sleep, we will control your PC'. I just want the option to not push it.

My main point is that by their simple action they have destroyed years of carefully crafted advertising and goodwill.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Gnerally noncomittal. But i had them pegged as a good bet, if you know what I mean. Pricey, but a cut above the average. Shove stuff down my throat and all that evaporated like morning dew.

-Elwood Blues

I guess the PC market is pretty crowded: the maturation of the market will see EVERYONE providing their own packages of components, more and more resembling the car or Hi-Fi market.

Hmmm, Sony cars ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

too bad sony computers do not benefit from the same quality as their electronics. i'm a die-hard sony fan when it comes to home entertainment. their tvs are absolutely the best picture quality, and they last forever. their sound systems, while certainly not top of the line, are an excellent deal for the money you pay. they also last forever. i just got rid of my vaio PC at work, though i traded it out for a dell... ugh. frying pan and fire come to mind... :(

taks

comrade taks... just because.

That is like jumping our of the frying pan into the very depths of hell itself.

"Dude, you're going to Hell."

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I am not very technologically minded, and I am looking for a Laptop that I can use for gaming and digital art, either Dell or Acer but they both look so similar...

I don't need a Graphics Tablet that comes with photoshop 3 or some other antiquated program if I already have the GIMP that does every thing I tell it to.

What do the Biobords say? I would check myself but the layout of Bioware is not pleasing to my eyes. <_<

I thought Sand was leaving because of being thought a Hades alt.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Well yeah but the line he used in his supposed 'last' post was "I guess this board is just like the people on the Bioboard's claims" or some similar nonsense.

Also Sand is a Hades alt, no doubt about it. If you look around his old accounts are now shut down, Sand is his new account.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I am not very technologically minded, and I am looking for a Laptop that I can use for gaming and digital art, either Dell or Acer but they both look so similar...

I don't need a Graphics Tablet that comes with photoshop 3 or some other antiquated program if I already have the GIMP that does every thing I tell it to.

What do the Biobords say? I would check myself but the layout of Bioware is not pleasing to my eyes. <_<

I thought Sand was leaving because of being thought a Hades alt.

Might want to create a list of your requirements and then post a topic in Skeeter's, where the more technically-savvy forumites will be able to give advice. :shifty:

This is more a discussion about the marketing image versus the product for the PC market.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT