IE7 Released and Available for Download

metadigital

"After over a year and a half, IE7 has been released to the public as of Monday afternoon. Download it directly here. Word hit the streets after several mangers of the IE division posted on the IE blog."

topicie.giftopicms.gif

slidersv writes

"Not 24 hours after the release of IE7, Secunia reports Internet Explorer Arbitrary Content Disclosure Vulnerability. So much for the "you wanted it easier and more secure" slogan found on Microsoft's IE Website."

IE7 Vulnerability Discovered

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Firefox 2.0 is suppose to be out by the end of the month or is it the beginning of next. Anyway, I will be keeping Firefox for a good long time.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, they finally caught up to Firefox 1.0 just in time to be behind again with Firefox 2.0. Good job, Microsoft. :(

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Anyway, I will be keeping Firefox for a good long time.

And I as well, thanks to you guys. :p

( Who says that you can't learn good s**t on the internet?!? :D )

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Keep in mind that Mozilla browsers are as buggy as IE, it is the fact that popularity is directly correlated with the number of discovered vulnerabilities that makes IE look bad.

Bigger popularity = bigger security threat.

Same goes with antivirus hit rate, by the way.

I will say IE is better at reading web page code compared to the Mozilla browsers. Bugs I do not recall any on either software. But I have had more crashes and freeze ups with IE than FF or Netscape.

IE is only better because some web designers design their pages specifically for IE instead of using standardised coding conventions. But there are fewer and fewer sites out there that are popping up with the "this site requires Internet Explorer" messages.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I will say IE is better at reading web page code compared to the Mozilla browsers. Bugs I do not recall any on either software. But I have had more crashes and freeze ups with IE than FF or Netscape.

I take it you haven't been designing webpages much? Although IE7 is supposed to be better in this regard and is rendering pages more along the open standards (in other words, Microsoft realizes they were wrong and are taking steps to adapt).

i've been using the IE7 beta for quite awhile now, with no complications. it's adopted the ffox tabbed browsing which i've been a big fan of for... well... ever. ;)

i also have ffox 2.0 and ffox 1.5. makes me pretty much a ffox ****. i prefer it over IE, just because it's smaller and has a lot of choices when it comes time to personalizing. i like that. i only keep IE around for those times when a site has been designed strictly for IE.

so, i'll update it and see if it works or breaks.

V***V

well

whatever

nevermind

i've been using the IE7 beta for quite awhile now, with no complications. it's adopted the ffox tabbed browsing which i've been a big fan of for... well... ever. :)

i also have ffox 2.0 and ffox 1.5. makes me pretty much a ffox ****. i prefer it over IE, just because it's smaller and has a lot of choices when it comes time to personalizing. i like that. i only keep IE around for those times when a site has been designed strictly for IE.

so, i'll update it and see if it works or breaks.

V***V

Use IeTab extension for Firefox to abandon IE (as an app) forever. :)