The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

Pink Floyd- What Shall We Do Now?

What shall we use to fill the empty spaces?

Where waves of hunger roar

Shall we set out across the sea of faces?

In search of more and more applause?

Shall we buy a new guitar?

Shall we drive a more powerful car?

Shall we work straight through the night?

Shall we get into fights,

Leave the lights on,

Drop bombs,

Do tours of the east,

Contract diseases,

Bury bones,

Break up homes,

Send flowers by phone,

Take to drink,

Go to shrinks,

Give up meat,

Rarely sleep,

Keep people as pets,

Train dogs, race rats,

Fill the attic with cash,

Bury treasure,

Store up leisure,

But never relax at all...

Our backs to the wall...

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Amorphis - Smoke

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Are you trying to tell me that none of those guys have foil-wrapped zuccinis in their pants?  :blink:

:blink:

Man, Draken, I forgot about that song. It wasn't on the album, if I remember right, just the movie. It's like a fleshed-out version of "Empty Spaces."

And, yeah, those flowers are... mesmerizing. Am I right?

Handsome Boy Modeling School - Once Again (Here to Kick One for You)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Gimme a day or two to digest it before I pass final judgment, heh. I've only listened to a few tracks so far, and it's exactly what I expected: Ness burning through his favorite old outlaw country songs and broken-hearted ballads.

Noted.

So, this teacher (decent old woman, short, brown-eyed - perm?) pressures me into bringing a boombox and a Christmas-themed musical-selection to this party, uh, school gathering (gifts, snacks, etcetera) - don't get me wrong, this is fine and dandy, but I've been perusing my musical collection and all I be finding is this cheery ol' thing,

B0002XED6M.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

(I'm listening to it right now: puerile, infantile, sorta funny, awesome in the absurd "why, God, why?" way; I might upload a track for the Obsidian X-mas blow-out)... and, the, well, Johnny Cash Christmas album (shut up).

Anyone care to mention some nice, bland carols, or, preferably, an instrumental album?

(Hey - I've found Wynton Marsalis' Crescent City Christmas Card; it might've been a present.)

Edited by Baley

Atheist, Emperor, Entombed

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mmmmmmm.... yeah.

:wub:

^ for the song, too!

Psalm 62:11 - They shall be delivered into the hands of the sword, they shall be the portions of foxes.

Afghan Whigs - My Curse

Edit: fixed the link

Edited by Darth Drabek

The Thermals -

I was gonna make a comment along the lines of "I hope they're not massive vegans, or God, PETA activists" or something equally gay and worthless like a plethora of other indie, punk, whatever bands, since I actually like them, but screw that, I don't really care; I'm just going to enjoy the music, or just, like, interpolate something suitably clich

@ Kor: Yeah, I like that site because I don't even have to download the songs or have a media player in the background to listen to them at work. And the Whigs were on fire on that show.

@ Baley: Those guys sound all right. And they're probably just indie dorks - I don't think they're "punk" enough to be PETA activists. I'm looking at you, John Feldmann.

The Twilight Singers were on NPR's World Cafe yesterday. Dulli and Lanegan answer some questions and the band plays three songs. The whole thing is about 20-25 minutes long.

LINK

Clipse - Mr. Me Too.

Haha - whose idea was it to have Pharrell spit the first verse? I love how the video is utterly ludicrous and ridiculous (let's not even mention the fact they chose - quite possibly - the worst song as their first single), but the Clipse still have a multitude of stuff to learn, like centring their videos on vulvae (way too many blokes - Wamp Wamp was much better in this regard) and riches (pitifully low amount of bling; who do you think you are - Gang Starr?).

Europe - Final Countdown

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Rammstein - Sonne

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)