The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

is there any other band you would compare it to?

clean vocals or cookie monster?

Other bands? Well, Absu comes to mind and so does Nile, but unlike those bands, Melechesh is more "in-tune" with the whole Arabo-Mesopotamic rythmic scale. It's black metal, but done ethnic, not in the Nile-style, where there's tracks of pure death and then ethnic and melodic parts that break the flow. This is black metal in arabic rythm. I like both styles, but as native Israelites, Melechesh have a lot of backing.

Vocals are screeching and some slight growling, backed up with clean and choir vocals.

Probably my top 1 metal band right now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Other bands? Well, Absu comes to mind and so does Nile, but unlike those bands, Melechesh is more "in-tune" with the whole Arabo-Mesopotamic rythmic scale. It's black metal, but done ethnic, not in the Nile-style, where there's tracks of pure death and then ethnic and melodic parts that break the flow. This is black metal in arabic rythm. I like both styles, but as native Israelites, Melechesh have a lot of backing.

Vocals are screeching and some slight growling, backed up with clean and choir vocals.

Probably my top 1 metal band right now.

thanks for the info, I'll probably check it out. the Nile vocals are just to gutteral for me...I prefer clean vocals but I think I can handle what this band apparently does.

Still the Rune OST

Wheee!

Verdandi, Skuld and Urd are great bonus tracks. Very good ambience.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hed PE - Killing Time

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hed PE - Killing Time

I remember that song!

I saw Hed P.E. when I was a sophomore in high school... must have been seven, eight years ago. They were antagonizing the crowd a lot, because no one was really there to see them. It was a four-band show, and they were the third band to play. I think I still have "Bartender" on my computer somewhere.

Fun fact: Linkin Park opened that show. No one had heard of them yet, and "One Step Closer" had yet to burn up the charts. My friends and I were all pretty impressed and a few of us picked up their CD. I even praised the album in a review for the school newspaper. :(

Edit:

TL & the Pharmacists - 2nd Ave., 11 a.m.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Fun fact: Linkin Park opened that show. No one had heard of them yet, and "One Step Closer" had yet to burn up the charts. My friends and I were all pretty impressed and a few of us picked up their CD. I even praised the album in a review for the school newspaper.  :(

Isn't that something you should feel ashamed of? :D

By the way, how did you like the Erasure cover?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was young, and still thought the fusion of rap and rock was a noble endeavor. :D

But even in my youth, I always hated Korn.

And yes, the song was good... although I have never heard the original. I liked how it picked up halfway in.

Warren Zevon - Desperados Under the Eaves

Which Erasure cover would you two be discussing?  Color me interested.

Del Amitri  -  Always The Last To Know

The song is "A Little Respect," and Pidesco broadened my horizons with a Portugese band's version of it. My musical knowledge has been tested and found wanting, however, because I have never heard an Erasure song in my life (that I know of). I must have missed that scene, I guess.

The singer for this band, which is named Silence 4, has a very nice voice that is capable of fragile falsetto and strident singing as well. The band is tight, too, once they kick it in after about a minute.

Matthew Sweet - Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (Neil Young cover)

I think I posted a link to a guy playing that song acoustically a few days back. Erasure were semi big back when I was in junior/high school.

It was the eighties, you could still get away with synth pop .

The Stone Roses - Love Spreads

and just before that

Pete Yorn - The Man

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Pete Yorn  -  The Man

That's probably my favorite song (that isn't a Warren Zevon cover :)) on the new Pete Yorn album. Although "Ice Age" is up there too.

Bob Dylan - I Threw It All Away (from Johnny Cash's old variety show)

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Tell Balgeary, Balgury Is Dead

Again, courtesy of mister Drabs. Again, good stuff. However, I noticed it's classified as Prog Rock. What the hell? :(

Also, Erasure were huge in the 80's. I don't deal with 80's synth pop very well, though.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: